Severe audio stuttering issues

I’m experiencing sever audio (and some video) stuttering issues. The game is unplayable in this state for me. I’ve seen some other threads reporting this same issue with only one possible band-aid workaround which did not work for me. But it seemed like most were not resolved.

I was really hoping the general performance improvements of 0.9 would have done the trick. But it seems that’s not the case. Please help!

Player.log (64.4 KB)
DxDiag.txt (136.2 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (496 Bytes)

2 Likes

Adding a video link: Streamable

Same here. Running 1660 with 6GB Vram and game is unplayable. From what I can see the issue is that the game quickly runs out of VRAM and performance drops. Unfortunately there is no setting to control VRAM usage.

For what it’s worth, if you’re willing to pay $10/mo for GeForce Now, you can play there. That’s what I’m doing for now.

I’ll also just say that the video I shared is what it looks like when it’s at its best. It gets considerably worse after fighting some things.

1 Like

In offline mode I can play on ultra settings, but for online to work smoothly I have to play on very low settings.

Yeah, unfortunately it’s not an online/offline thing. I get the same issue in both.

1 Like

GeForce Now in Australia only supports resolutions up to 1080p and at least in my case performance issues start at higher resolutions. Changing resolution changes FPS by way more than expected

Back on topic, I wonder if anyone else has had similar stuttering issues and found a way to resolve them?

Or if anyone wouldn’t mind reviewing my files and make suggestions?

Do EHG staff reply to threads like this for support? Or is this a community only support forum?

Here’s another video of my performance.

https://streamable.com/98gk8i

Please HALP!

Just wanted to add another voice in here!

Exactly the same issue but on a 1050, used to run pretty well (except with the occasional area).

1 Like

So I have an update on this:

Before posting here, I had done some googling/forum searching on this issue and I had found this thread/post: Audio Stutter - #23 by WarriorGenius

I tried the suggested workaround, but it did not solve my issue.

However, getting fed up with this problem I logged in and decided to fiddle around with the audio controls until something worked. Here are a couple observations:

1. The main issue seems to be with the music. (including loading screen music). If I just brought music volume down to zero, playing the game is tolerable.

2. Bringing master volume down, saving, then back up again did not fix my issue (suggestion from linked thread).

3. …However, while sound music is above zero, bringing my effects volume down to zero, then back up again DID CAUSE THE MUSIC STUTTERING TO STOP!

4. It seems to creep back in over time, and I need to do the above workaround to make it stop again for a time.

Takeaway: I think there some kind of audio collisions/echo coming from the effects channel. But I’m not an audio engineer or a game programmer… so I have no idea really. But hopefully this will help EHG solve the problem permanently.

Finally, MY ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED. I just found a workaround until EHG fixes it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.