Rising Flames Update - Beta 0.9.1 Patch Notes

Thank you for a lesson in life. Not only you removed a created build around warpath, but you dismissed all the people who just discovered as victims of a bug.

Developers should recognize and analyze accidental discoveries and not dismiss them out of hand. I joined because it was a game with EA and Offline play in 2023, then created 4 online characters and making my own discoveries and builds. Only to log on the next day and learn that my build does not work and finding developers called me a cheat.

I wish everyone a nice patch, I think I am done for now.

But it was a bug. You’re supposed to hold down the button for any channelled skill (this is how it worked pre 0.9). Tapping & the channel continuing was most definitely a bug, even if for some people (but not all) it was a QoL one.

Nobody’s called you a cheat.

1 Like

Quality of Life features do not change the loop. The fact you have to hold it down changes the build to something else. it turned the build from movement build to channel build and removed the entire charm.

I already addressed the point of it being a bug. Person can consider themself a arbiter of what is proper, then you can call it a bug. Rest of the world recognizes that nothing is perfect and accidental discovery is still a discovery.

That’s such a substantial leap in logic I’m impressed. All I can say is, that in we’ve had massive bug fixes all across the board including ways to cause duplication of items and gold and not once have I ever seen the devs call someone a cheat when they were fixing bugs.

2 Likes

you do realize that exploiting a bug in online mode is cheating right?

No, it was/is still a movement skill as well as being a channelled skill (as it always was). You can still direct the movement of the character while channelling/moving.

This is true.

But unless there’s some odd translation thing going on, nobody’s calling you a cheat.

You do realize this is a beta and the devs recognize and constantly reiterate that bugs will be found, they understand people might still be running with it, and that they will attempt to fix it as soon as possible and not once ever have the called anyone a cheat.

Hell, have the time you can find a streamer or content creator who says numerous times, this is or might be a bug so be aware that if you play it now at some point the devs will clarify and fix it.

never once has anyone screamed CHEATER!

1 Like

There is no reasonable way for a player of a video game to know what the expected behavior of every single, tiny little piece of functionality is supposed to be for a game they play. Sure, some bugs are blatantly obvious (phasing thru walls, for example), but not all of them are.

It is unreasonable to take a position that players are automatically cheating if they play your game and hit a bug. That’s not their fault, it’s the Dev team’s fault, ultimately. It boils down to intent, and that is nearly impossible to divine.

1 Like

You should try it, previously you buffed movement speed and just zipped around with a controller leaving behind echos and bleeding mobs. That was the fun part.
If you want a more common example: Lich builds are exploiting the Endurance mechanic to remove the intended limitation of low health. Next day you log back in and endurance is now affected by the artificial celing instead of the total health.

I never accused anyone of screaming it :slight_smile: I stated that developers took a random occurrence and dismissed it as exploitation.

You quite literally said,

If you want to walk back that hyperbole, I’ll walk back mine.

1 Like

Yup, and that’s still how it works, you “just” (& I accept that this is the issue for those with RSI) have to keep a single button pressed.

You’re going to have to give me some more detail on that since they don’t appear to have changed anything with endurance in the patch notes.

Mine provides a context and uses both end of the spectrums calling the situation both unfortunate and intentional in the same post. Your post just ignores it and tries to create an ilusion that I singled out developers.

Check what Zaodon wrote, it is exactly the sentiment behind my post.

But you did. You said that they called you a cheat.

It is not, which is why I logged out after couple of maps. It is just boring and I would have to analyze what changed besides the holding of the button. I suspect there might be people who go to notes and complain without trying it - but I was the opposite. This just barely crossed a threshold of starting a conversation online.

There might be some missing information here:

The bug that allowed warpath to work was a bug that affected many things, and not just warpath. It was a bug that needed to be fixed.

If you want the optional to have warpath as a toggle, post feedback in #feedback-and-suggestions

2 Likes

Okay, I guess I’m not going to walk by mine then either. In black and white (or whatever the heck color you decided on for your monitor theme) you whine about the devs calling you a cheater. It’s right there, man.

I’ve had my say about that part of your post. Have an excellent day and good luck with your Warpath build. Mine is still excellent fun and highly enjoyable.

1 Like

Do not worry I stated what i wanted and did not have to attack or retreat.
Already wished you fun with the patch in the first post, but thank you for your well wishes.

If that was the only change, then it would be exaclty like you said. Unfortunately by fixing the bug the behavior of echo and triggers changed too. toggle is just the first thing you notice.

This is why my post was about the notes and not about the change. The notes dismissed the build as bug in online mode. Nothing about revisiting the warpath in the future.

Just that it was a bug. (EDIT: Which now I have to think about everything in the game as a bug that will be nerfed. Maybe next my mage gets deleted because I intentionally skipped specialization through a multiplayer exploit.)

If by change you mean they no longer work without channeling the ability (by holding the skill button), then no, that behaviour did not change. If an actual bug was introduced because of the fix, you should probably report that in Bug Reports

1 Like