Right Click to Move?

Hi!

First off, I want to say I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my first 30 hours of play. Definitely love the direction the game is going.

With that said, I would love to have the ability to have Right-Click move. As it seems now, I am able to rebind Left-Click; however, when trying to rebind Right-Click I receive an error message, "Right mouse button is already in use cannot be replaced

Is there any plans to make this feature available in the future?

2 Likes

Funnily enough, you can’t even re-bind the Right Click if you de-bind it using the Remove option in the dialog, because of the same error message.

I have this same issue. Is this something that is bugged?

Yeah this is a real issue coming from other games where I am able to rebind these functions.
I understand the devs want to limit how many skills you can have equipped. but its a huge burden for me who wants to hold RMB to move my character around and using left click is extremely unnatural especially when playing different games all the time like Dota, POE, D4, GrimDawn the list goes on.

Hopefully we could swap the functionality of these buttons by our own accord. I had to brute force it through my mouse software. Some people will not be so lucky.

also LMB + attack/interact is also gone (you could assign 1-4 on lmb move + attack in beta) i think its BOTH unintentionally gone

1 Like

guys please PLEASE let us remap the right mouse button for movement and left for attack …
its so confusing why we cant rebind the right mouse button wtf xD

1 Like

I don’t personally care but my spouse was really unhappy the other day that he couldn’t do this and he doesn’t forum, so just putting a word in here on his behalf.

1 Like

is easy clik in restore defaults is good game

Here you go.
Just tested after patch, nothing changed, everything still works as before.

Hi All,

I wanted to share that this looks like this has been recently addressed by EHG. See their response below regarding this issue:

“With how the engine works, there’s a lot of functionality which directly references LMB rather than being able to go through bindings. This may come in the future, it’s just a surprisingly large task to do, and so hasn’t hit the top of the priority list.”

first of all i dont understand what you say because your sentences makes no sense.
and second of all “restore defaults” is rightclick attack and move left but i want it the exact opposite mate …

thanks but having to need it to be changed in registry in the 1.0 full launch is borderline unacceptable … but i thank you alot
i tried it and with having all interactions then on right i think i stay with default :frowning:
maybe some day they make it possible to just walk on either if you dont force attack or click on a unit like basicly other other arpg handling it xD its just the proven way they dont need to reinvent the tested good stuff

same issue here

this is really disappointing, unplayable

I personally wouldn’t want anything changed, but maybe the devs could add a “left-handed” mode option to flip the keybinds for the left and right click. That might be a relatively simple fix.

bind left shift for move bro this easy way)

why can’t we just bind right click for moving wtf

there is the solution, gl ig

What really frustrates me is that his is antithetical to melee builds. LMB can only be used to move, and RMB to an attack?

As a Primalist in 9.x, I had Swipe to LMB, so I could move and attack, and Upheaval to RMB. Now, I die because I keep forgetting the LMB is useless in combat. Or that RMB keeps you in place and mobs that have longer reach will murder you, because you keep whiffing your strikes.

Meh, I’ll just go play an Acolyte, at least most of the skills are Ranged,

1 Like

I managed to make it work on right click move, changed the windows mouse left to right priority then enter game, remove both mouse buttons, click the right click on force move, then it will not allow you to use atack on left click or use the mouse. will only allow you to move on right click after that restore settings to default and it should work, without blocking the left click.