Response to MTX Store

I don’t remember when GGG introduced the MTX store, but the closed beta supporter packs had points & mtx (pets) in them so it’s not unreasonable to assume that the MTX store was introduced at some point afterwards. The Open beta supporter packs had weapon effects as well as pets & the “release” (whatever that means in this day & age) supporter packs had portals, back attachments & portrait frames.

2 Likes

As Llama said, MTX in PoE were a thing way before the “finished product” state. Their shop was introduced on open beta launch.

1 Like

I assume they are waiting to show us rather than tell us what makes them more special

The higher portals are also really intense too. We’ll have preview videos of them going up. The just have to get re-rendered because of the changes this morning.

Maybe we’ll get this next week before or as the packs become available for purchase

Have you been living under a rock for the past ten years or so? It’s uncommon these days for a live service game to NOT have microtransactions. D4 is going to be packed to the brim with MTX, and it’s going to sell millions.

The only reason Last Epoch has a box price is so that EHG won’t have to sell convienence like POE does. I don’t think that’s very difficult to understand.

2 Likes

You TheRealKillaDub on Twitch? If so, maybe your viewers think the game looks ancient because you stream at a weird resolution that squishes literally everything on screen into some unwatchable, vertical mess?

Also the chat logs on Twitch for one of your Last Epoch streams, a 4 hour vod mind you, had a total of 2 posts or comments from actual viewers throughout the entire thing, and none of them seem to complain about how the game looks or feels.

I’m not trying to put you on blast, I’m just baffled why you’d either lie, or misrepresent what’s happening? Last Epoch is one of the nicer looking ARPGs currently available.

Mind you, if you’re not the Twitch account I mentioned above, and it’s just a bizarre coincidence that both of you share the same name and supposedly stream LE, you can just ignore this.

Last Epoch isn’t perfect, hell it’s not even fully released like you mentioned, but the systems in place as well as the graphical settings are anything but ancient lol.

The same people who bemoan and whine that LE has stepped down their pricing but will continue having a cosmetic shop are weirdly enough the same people who bought Diablo 4 and will support Blizzard by playing it even after seeing what they’ve done to Overwatch, Diablo Immortals, etc etc.

EHG is in a lose-lose situation here. Last Epoch isn’t going to be “done” at 1.0. They plan to support it for 10 years minimum, meaning they need financial income. They could go the route of upping the price on full release to the price of a AAA title, but then people would bitch about that.

They could do what PoE does and label it free to play, but lock major conveniences and honestly some requirements behind a paywall like stashes, then sell cosmetics for the price of a AAA. You know, but then people would bitch about that, too.

I’ve seen three crowds here so far – 1) People who want the game for cheap and don’t want to be the ones paying for development, but they also want continued updates. 2) People who jumped on a bandwagon because of their favorite content creators or because of Steam reviews. 3) People who accept a cosmetic shop in a cheap live service game in exchange for continued updates, but just want the prices to be acceptable.

The 3rd group are the only ones I can stomach right now.

I’m baffled. Completely and utterly confused, really.

4 Likes

:expressionless:

That is the weirdest resolution I’ve ever seen, what is it? And why wouldn’t one do a standard resolution?

3 Likes

I’ve no clue, like I didn’t go look him up to clown on him, but it’s like if someone was using an ultra-wide and then decided to set the resolution to “fuck my shit up”. LMAO

It’s like weirdly vertical but also somehow feels stretched outward… I don’t know what else to call it.

Can I be in a fourth crowd? I’ve embraced cosmetics as a way to support continued development of my favorite games and I don’t care much about price, I just want the system to be fair like it is now :smile:

1 Like

I did not see it mentioned but which tier of the new supporter packs are going to include a license key? I ask because I have mentioned this game to my nephew and this could be real confusing if he asks me how I purchased the game originally and I tell him “I bought a supporter pack” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If they could afford to charge 50% less why not just do that anyway.

Do you live in a capitalist country? If so, I pray that is rhetorical. Yes, even at $10 a portal mtx feels expensive, but wallets talk. Let us see if that price holds 1 year post mtx shop rollout.

PoE’s shop is full on fucking stupid with their pricing, yet they never change…I don’t feel I need to answer why that is.

1 Like

Yeah, twitch said the source was 1080, so may be he did have an ultrawide horizontally compressed into 1080. Though that’s just weird af… I didn’t want to have a go either, I just wanted to know why it was so massively compressed horizontally.
@KillaDub

He live in Australia which is as “capitalist” as most of the rest of the west (excluding the US 'cause that’s clearly an economic feudal state).

You’d be surprised at just how fast even a large corporate (which GGG aren’t) can move on something as trivial to change as pricing (meaning it’s not like it needs lots of dev work/coding/testing). I’d have thought that a 1 hour meeting to discuss the issue and decide on a revised price would be sufficient.

Beautiful work on the new supporter packs! I like the pricing model; it’s very fair.

You guys have really outdone yourselves. Bravo! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aussie bucks best bucks.

Chris Wilson is the devil incarnate. I asked his mum and she said as much. She is very disappointed but loves her new Audi

2 Likes

MTX and all digital goods are just weird in the context of business. There really isnt any margin, it all comes down to pricing as high as possible without pissing off the majority of the player base.

I remember back in college I had to write a novel for my capstone finance class. Mars, who makes Snickers, had their process so perfected that the cost of each unit was 28 cents, this included labor, raws, packing, and marketing. They very well could have sold each bar for 30 cents. So why not do that? Simple. shareholders would be furious.

What a lot of people need to remember is the EHG isnt our friend, they are a business. They also have Tencent as a stakeholder, its EHG’s responsibility to line the pockets of those whom hold stake. Yes, we are fortunate to have a development team that listens to our feedback, but that is also where people get it twisted. When EHG makes changes based on our feedback, it is not because they care about us, it is because they feel these changes will increase the mass appeal and increase good will, which is a huge deal with how shady so many companies are now.

I know you know the Llama, this is sort of a reminder to the greater whole. Every move they make is in the name of increasing prospective revenue, plain and simple.

@psychodrive

Thanks for the lol

4 Likes

On one hand, yes, EHG has a responsibility to its shareholders to maximize profits. The price of the supporter packs can be seen as a bit “ridiculous” to some, when you can buy AAA games, on sale, for those prices.

On the other hand, the company has a responsibility to its employees, customers and the space in which it operates. It’s because of shareholders and customers that Last Epoch can go on to become a serious competitor in the ARPG space, which is most welcome.

I’m looking forward to what the future brings. The sky’s the limit. :+1:

Roasted marshmallows are great!

2 Likes

Yes, but a) roasting them on the road surfaces? B)roasting marshmallows is fine, roasting Koalas, not quite so much (all of your fifty trillion deadly spiders and snakes, however, can most definitely go #### themselves and die in a fire).

Like my dad used to say: if the road is hot enough to melt your thongs, stay at the pub.

5 Likes

Hahaha my bad stupid typo is stupid :laughing:

1 Like