Response to MTX Store

The Witches are back?

Glad this game has an offline mode, because if it’s going to rely on vastly overpriced mtx for the “live service” portion, it won’t last.

Yes.

Yeah, PoE crashed & burned years ago because they relied on MTX to pay for all the servers & staffing…

They are & I believe they’re Bringing Sexy Back.

Yes, that is generally how it works. One doesn’t just put random item pics on the pack.

This would be no different than Destiny 2 going F2P at the end of the day. Legally, it’s not a problem so long as it’s communicated what’s happening. Especially for products that are live service. As we don’t own the rights to the game as it was when we bought it, we own the rights to play the game in the state that devs want at the time. be that v1 or v0.1 they get to choose what we have the ability to play and what that includes.

Alright!

PoE isn’t a b2p game, more people are likely to check out a free to play game.

Funny that, because 1.0 is supposed to release this year. Also, I somehow don’t expect them to completely overhaul their graphics engine before that.

Yes, sometimes they do. In fact I’ve often seen pics that are just representative and don’t actually indicate what is included.

Yes, but that just means that you’ve got more server/bandwith costs because you’ve got more people trying it out (&/or bots) than paying customers.

Just in time for D4, it’s been fun Epoch community even though I’ve never played with any of you because there was literally zero point to. But hey, at least you can dump loads of money in a game that won’t be released for a year.

Never stop being a stand out example of what your community needs in such a dark time for the gaming industry.

There is no release date for 1.0 at all. (All previous release dates from years ago were canceled and its “ready when ready”)

The game is constantly being updated, with new things. 090 just implemented a new dynamic lighting system, which made the whole game look very different (and better for the most part).

I don’t expect everything to look waaaay better before or with 1.0, but surely there will be many more enemies and areas getting a touch-up.

Oh man, if mister youtuber says so it must be how it is.

5 Likes

The response of “Well we have different teams working on the MTX, so we’re not taking anything away from the people working on the stuff you actually want” is BS. You could of put the money in resources from that team into the teams actually making the game better and not watering it down with stuff that will keep people from buying your game.

1 Like

No, Judd said post 0.9 that he’d like 1.0 to be this year.

We never left?

My one feedback left is that the supporter pack pricing makes no sense.

You even cover that “value of mtx is subjective” someone might love to buy an ice portal for 10 dollars someone else might not.

So why are the supporter packs differently valued when the value of the presented mtx is subjective? I think the void one looks the worst, but its the most expensive, and the one I want is the second most expensive.

but if I enjoyed the first one I would be able to get it cheaper? They have the same number of items, and should be priced the same… That way the consumer gets to purchase based on what they enjoy looking at rather then perhaps skimping to a cheaper one they like less because there is a weird price difference…

And what exactly makes you think that D4 would be any better when it comes to microtransactions? If anything, their more recent games show quite well where Blizzards priorities lie, and how predatory and abusive they can be.

Mike elaborated on discord that the cosmetics in the more expensive packs have more put into them, so I guess there’s a little more to it than that

The ones we put more oomph and pizzaz into end up being priced higher. So for example, the top pack has a back slot which has these nice animations that go with it and is much more over the top than the Traveler pack which looks super cool but doesn’t have an animation that goes with it and is relatively less flashy.

1 Like

The MTX prices weren’t even the real problem.

The new shop system/structure/whatever is perfect. It’s not a “lesser evil” or anything. I still would have been ecstatic if they didn’t touch prices other than to round them.