Ranged Ice Minions 100% Crit Endgame Destroying Necromancer 0.8.1c

That’s not how it works though. If a skill has 15% base crit & you get 325% increased crit chance, the final crit chance is 15% x (1 + 3.25) = 64%, not 48.75%. Adding in an additional 100% to the increased doesn’t make sense.

Why would you do that?

… cause you can say you have 225% inc crit on gear / passives / whatever and do:

15% * (2,25 + 1) = 48,75% CC
or
15% + 15% *2.25 = 48,75% CC
Whatever you prefer

You could also say “i have 100% base” and “225% aditional crit” - total: 325%

15% * 3,25 = 48,75% CC (q.e.d.)

Im just to lazy to always think of the “add 1” so i add 100% inc crit once … result = same

If anyone is interested:

So in order to save 4 characters (open brackets, plus, 1, close brackets) you used an additional 5 characters (plus, one, five, percent, multiply)? And decided to do the maths in a way that the game doesn’t thereby confusing anyone who does know how the game does it (& knows how to do “xx% increased” type maths)?

If that were an answer to a test, you’d get the points for the answer, but loose marks for unnecessary decimal places on the base crit and for the second table being wrong (since it’s increased crit, not crit chance which is the output, not one of the inputs).

Hi all,

New player here, from path of exile, don’t like the direction of that game or the censorship, so here I am. As I said I’m completely new to LE, but wondered how you know what order to assign skill points in? For example do you level up your skeleton skills first (im sure that’s not the case), it would be great to know point 1 goes here, point 2 there, and so on. Apologies of tat’s already in the guide, I’ve not found it if it is.

5 Likes

On his YouTube channel, Boardman has a Necromancer leveling guide.

You can use it, then switch to this build afterwards. :wink:

Dammit, now I’m not sure if I want to go with this one or Zeckar’s fire one (Rank 1 Necro 260+ Arena Wave Fire/Crit Skelemancer V2 (Acolyte) Build). They both look like a lot of fun.

Couple of quick questions about this build:

1. How do you find minion AI to behave without using Stench of Blood? Do you find yourself needing to spam A in certain situations, or do they mostly mind their manners?
  2. (Bone Golem) I’m a bit confused about the 1 point into Bone Hail. Given that the rest of the tree seems largely focused on making it tanky, I’m not sure how much benefit going from 15% to 20% chance for Bone Nova and a bit more damage gives I guess on first glance, I would tend to pull the points from Amalgam of Mages, Bone Growth, and Bone Hail, placing them instead in Hunger (replacing Bone Growth, but without prereq points needed) and/or Amalgam of Primalists (since it stacks so well with Amalgam of Sentinels). Can you explain why you have those points where they are?
  3. In the Summon Skeleton tree, I assume the 5 points in Unholy Rage/1 point in Multishot is something you’ve experimented with figure out the optimal balance for clear? As compared to a 3/3 or a 4/2 allocation, I mean, where you’d have more arrows per ice shot, but a slightly longer cooldown and less attack speed overall. Or is the addition of the projectiles from the mages enough to get solid AoE coverage so you don’t need the extra arrows on ice arrow?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I will say a ranged build is much nicer than melee. While Stench of blood helped it was only good as long as you could tank and get into the battle at higher arena this became dangerous. Now you can just hide behind the minions and they tend to go for anything on the screen but no further.

The bone golem is quiet tanky and with the 100% threat, he will take alot of hits the bone nova was just to get a little extra damage in.

I didnt experiment to much, but 3 arrows was definitely nices than 1 when it came to clearing Aoe, 5 was cool looking but really just wasn’t need and the CD was becoming longer. So i just went with 3 projectiles from archers as well as mages just for me looked cleaner.

I’m always happy to see you putting out minion builds, one of the few who do! Looks great as always man :smiley:

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you!

For Acolyte, the early game will go much easier if you have a leveled Rip Blood with Blood Splatter maxed (in LE when you go over 100% chance for something to occur, it’s a multiple stack, so 200% for Blood Splatter is 2x Blood Splatter, not a wasted 100%). I also recommend speccing into Transplant and taking the node that casts up to 3 Rip Bloods when you activate that skill.

Skeletons tend to be pretty weak until you have more character levels and investment in your passive nodes that augment summons. Plus, once you get to around level 50-55 and finish the campaign, you can do Monoliths of Fate, which award Arena Keys (high density endless waves until death), which makes respeccing skills very fast and easy.

In other words, how you level does not necessarily dictate your end game build. You can level with your end game build if you want, but respeccing is MUCH more forgiving than in POE.

is there any way to farm for that wand or are all uniques complete random drops?

Reach of the grave is gambleable at the gambler

oh perfect, that’s what i’ve been doing. thanks!

Это супер билд, лутчшее чем я играл, автору огромный респект!

Google - “This is a super build, better than what I played, great respect to the author!”

Glad Your enjoying and that its working better than the wolves :slight_smile:

It’s a level 6 weapon, so maybe you will have more chance with a low level character, because the gambler will only have low level bases.

Probably, but there is no way to share items between characters I realized after having started a second toon for this purpose.
No common inventory. That suxx.
So haven’t been able to get the mainhand or the amulet. Burning all gold on gambling. But the base wand doesn’t appear often at all.

Am now halfway into my 40s and was cruising along fine, but the some goddamn fire mob exploded in my face and killed me. Twice. Then I got into some cold area and another mob killed me. Need some resistances I think.

Then I found out how to see the area level.
Being 44 in a 46 area should at least give some more xp?

I guess you’re playing in Solo mode. Because in Normal mode, the stash is shared between all characters and you can transfer items from one to another.

2 Likes

I guess so, yes, but the difference is not huge so the extra XP earned will ne be enormous.