Ranged Ice Minions 100% Crit Endgame Destroying Necromancer 0.8.1c

Google - “This is a super build, better than what I played, great respect to the author!”

Glad Your enjoying and that its working better than the wolves :slight_smile:

It’s a level 6 weapon, so maybe you will have more chance with a low level character, because the gambler will only have low level bases.

Probably, but there is no way to share items between characters I realized after having started a second toon for this purpose.
No common inventory. That suxx.
So haven’t been able to get the mainhand or the amulet. Burning all gold on gambling. But the base wand doesn’t appear often at all.

Am now halfway into my 40s and was cruising along fine, but the some goddamn fire mob exploded in my face and killed me. Twice. Then I got into some cold area and another mob killed me. Need some resistances I think.

Then I found out how to see the area level.
Being 44 in a 46 area should at least give some more xp?

I guess you’re playing in Solo mode. Because in Normal mode, the stash is shared between all characters and you can transfer items from one to another.

2 Likes

I guess so, yes, but the difference is not huge so the extra XP earned will ne be enormous.

B, why the blind minion in the Dread Shade tree, doesn’t this offset the speed it provides? Will they still hit?

If they shot single projectiles then yes, but With Multiple projectiles i didnt really notice much missing. Was worth the 50% cast speed increase

OK, thanks.

Sigh. And of course there is no way to move the char to normal mode?
Why the heck would anyone want to play in that kind of solo mode…

Oh, my bad. Didn’t realize what solo was when I created it. Damn.
Noobs will be noobs.

How to counteract Dread Shade degen on minions? It kills them so fast…

There’s an option to move it (from memory it’s in Esc → Settings → Challenges) but it won’t transfer the stash/forge inventory.

1 Like

If you dont mind a lil more active playstyle.

Throw the golem out - he doesnt do much anyway - too slow, blocked by other minions and stuff.

Add in Bone Curse - go for Bone Prison
Cast the Boneprison on monsters far away

Cast the Dread shade on the bone prison far away
let the dread shade taunt and take the “out of range instead of inside” skill

yeah i’ve been doing that on a level 8 acolyte. i was reading the chances of uniques through gambling is around 1/3-400 although i’m not sure how accurate that number is

Maybe I"m dumb but I can’t get the purpose of Symbiotic Apparition node on Dread Shade.

It allows you (& when multiplayer is implemented, the other players) to benefit from the Dread Shade buff, not just your minions.

Ok but why do I need more damage or cast speed if I’m necromancer and my minions do damage? Wouldn’t I also get poison damage from DS?

You want the extra Cast Speed to cast Rip Blood faster - regen more life / ward (whatever you took)
You want the Buff of the Aura for the ton of Extra Armor it gets you (Martyrdom).

The poison gets applied to the target of the dread shade only - not to the allies in the aura.

1 Like

Oh yes, completely forgot that armor buff. thanks a lot

I saw Llama helped you, I hope the problem is fixed now.
I also wondered why people played in solo mode, so I tried it with two new characters. And it’s a nice and fun mode, because as you don’t have the shard stash and crafting materials, the loot has a real impact and your decisions can be game changing.
I think I prefer Normal mode, but I really see the fun of Solo mode. And as solo heroes can become Normal heroes, I’m pretty sure I’ll happen to level Solo heroes again, just for the different challenge and fun.

Any specific loot filter needed for this build?