Random Game Crashes after 5-15 min

I bought the game yesterday and played fine for around 2.5 hours together with a friend. We started again today but it crashed after approx 30 mins and crashed ever 5-15 mins afterwards.
Updating GPU drivers didnt help and Win11 is up to date.
I tried lowering the graphics from very high to medium bit i still have the crashes.
Something about missing ‘WFX_LightCurves’ and ‘Point light’ is written in the Player.log, i’ll attach everything below.
Please tell me, if you need anything else.

DxDiag.txt (100.0 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (483 Bytes)
Player.log (94.6 KB)
Player-prev.log (104.4 KB)

Hey there

I know tried updating your drivers, so apologies for duplication below

Some other people who have experienced crashes find it is resolved by:

I hope one of these works for you

Well, i tried nearly everything.

• Verifying game file integrity
  • Deleting graphics.ini
  • Updating/reinstalling my drivers
  • Reinstalling the game
    but nothing helped.
    At some times the game ran fine for a few hours, but unfortunately very often the game crashes after some minutes ingame. At different occasions too. Doesnt matter if i tp to a player, open a menu, killing some mobs, speak with npcs, and so on. In the 18 hrs i played until now i had way over 50 crashes.
    I got some new errors as well (more missing game objects). Also the game not only crashes, it just closes after a 3sec freeze. Error message is the same. Last thing i will try is downgrading from Win11 to Win10. Hopefully that will work.

I attached the log file, if you want to look into it. Tell me if you want something else.
Player.log (73.8 KB)

Heya

You can upload the crash report from this location to help EHG diagnose:

C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Crashes

Other than that, a couple other things that people have found helped include:

• lowering your graphics settings to minimum and seeing if it helps stability, increasing it as you go
  • limiting FPS

In your original DxDiag I can see a couple Blue screens - have you had those since you did everything else?

Before you downgrade to Win 10, you might find verifying your system files using sfc finds something hinky,

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-corrupted-windows-10-installation/

Interestingly i never had a blue screen, only crashes to desktop. I will lower the graphics to minimum and test it, my fps are always capped at 90.
Ill run sfc real quick in safe mode and see if it finds something.

Here are the 3 most recent crashes.
Last Epoch crashes.zip (159.9 KB)

SFC ran, found some corrupted files and repaired them. Game crashed as soon as a friend joined the area. So we thought, its a problem with multiplayer. Played solo for approx an hour and it crashed again. today i clean installed Win10 (wasn’t happy with Win11 anyway), updated all drivers and installed LE. Played around half an hour until grame crashed again. Same error as before. So unfortunately everything i did was in vain.

Thats really disappointing.

Does it crash in offline too?

Havent tested offline, will do that today.

Could it be a hw problem? Do you know how i could check it?

Usually if it was a hardware problem youd have specific errors in your DxDiag.

In this instance, i think there is some combination of Last Epoch and specific hardware configurations that is causing issues, graphics and/or network hardware related.

Send another DxDiag (one from after a crash) and ill see if it has anything.

To conduct full troubleshooting youd want to try each one of these separately:

• switch out your graphics card and try again
  • switch out or use a different network adapter (e.g cable instead of wifil
  • switch out RAM
  • take your setup to another persons house and see if you experience the issue from a different network location

Obviously this is not feasible for most people.

There are some tools you can run to do hardware diagnostics (e.g. memtest). Ill see if i can get some links for you a bit later

1 Like

Started game offline, created character and a few seconds after the area loaded the game crashed.

Here’s the dxdiag.
DxDiag.txt (98.5 KB)

Regarding hardware switch: i can try that in a few days, then i can get my hands on another gpu and RAM. I’ll run memtest and wait for the outcome.

MemTest ran, no problems at all.
Played a bit Sun Haven with a friend and that crashed too(Unity too).
So could it be a problem with Unity itself?

I looked into that game and the way they describe their Unity crashes is very similar to Last Epoch crashes. Unfortunately, the messages on the Sun Haven discord which provide workarounds are in a deleted channel :person_facepalming:

After a search, i found the following post which confirms that these sorts of crashes are often hardware related.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-games-crash-on-startup.1222668/#post-8768614

So some combination of the game code, Unity and specific hardware configurations seems more likely

This would mean it is harder for EHG to fix – not impossible, but certainly harder.

I found a page on sons of the forest unity crashes which suggested disabling all your overlays (Steam, Discord, etc). Worth a shot?

Sorry for the spam. I found another thread indicating that these crashes can be caused by faulty CPUs or CPUs running at voltage that’s a little too high

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/752030/most-unity-games-crash-with-unityplayerdll-access-violation/

A suggestion from both of these is to run Prime95 (GIMPS - Free Prime95 software downloads - PrimeNet) on all 3 modes (small FFTs, in-place large FFTs and Blend) for a few hours each. See if that produces any errors or causes any system crashes.

If it does, you could try fixing the voltage level delivered to your CPU in the BIOS or working with PC manufacturer to replace the CPU

You don’t have to be sorry. I really appreciate your help!
I switched my RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600Mhz for my old Crucial Ballistix Sports 16GB 2133Mhz and played 3.5h without a crash. So right now i switched back to my G.SKILL and locked at 2133Mhz. Game crashed again after 10min. So i would say i got faulty RAM.
I’ll run Prime95 to make sure its not CPU related and will see if there is any new BIOS update.

1 Like

Glad you figured out a way forward :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.