Random game crash

Hey folks. Double check your player.log file. If it refers to a Crash directory, you gotta grab those files and upload them (maybe zip them up).

You should also upload your DxDiag to give as much info as possible for the devs to find and fix the issue.

This is disheartening. It started for no apparent reason here, I did everything in this topic and it didnā€™t solve it. Screen freezes are random. awaiting a solution.

Hey there

Please reply and upload your player.log file and a dxdiag report. Iā€™ll have a look at them and see if I can make any suggestions.

Hello guys,
I played D4 closed and now the open beta. The same Problem appeared now in the open Beta. I guess itā€™s not only the game, but the Cards and the game together. The game is exposing some issues with the cards, so it will be very hard to get the exact problem which crashes the system. There is a video about the Problem on the D4 Beta. I donā€™t know if I am allowed to post links here, so ill just post the exact name of the video on YouTube: ā€œAnother game blowing up NVIDIA GPUs?? Here we go again!ā€. I donā€™t think there is an easy way or fix to fix this.

At least for me, I canā€™t see a connection. D4 beta works perfectly fine for me (doesnā€™t crash at all) and in LE I still get the same issue of randomly crashing.

Also, I think, it has something to do with zone tile sets or something like this. Because, some zones work fine. I can play through the The Citadel Sewers 20x times and clear all corners, but when I enter The Immortal Summit it crashes 100% after a random time. Just now it crashed after 15 sec or so.

DxDiag.txt (105.6 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (480 Bytes)
Player.log (31.6 KB)

I canā€™t post the file, itā€™s bigger than allowed

You can zip it up using right-click > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder. If it is still too big, you can upload it to a service like https://easyupload.io/

Yeah ā€“ itā€™s likely some very unfortunate combination of the game code, Unity, the drivers and the hardware.

In your DxDiag I can see:

Problemsignatur:
P1: Last Epoch.exe
P2: 2019.4.40.50731
P3: 62a10ee1
P4: UnityPlayer.dll
P5: 2019.4.40.50731
P6: 62a11020
P7: c0000005
P8: 000000000028b5f0
P9:
P10:

UnityPlayer.dll is part of the Unity framework, not Last Epoch.
c0000005 is an access violation, which is when the module (Unity in this case) tries to write to memory it is not permitted to write.

Iā€™ve had a look online and there are piles of Unity games experiencing this issue. Here are a couple more things to consider, which might resolve the issue for you:

cc: @Qkeyz @megaguitar @Nubarion @schneeweissbetlehem - I donā€™t have your DxDiag files, but if you have the same error near the bottom, you can try these too.

Thank you for your help, I will try out the resolutions within the next days and give feedback. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion, but the first 2 links refer to a program I donā€™t have on my system :frowning: (win10) so not sure what to do about thatā€¦

Had already tried a handful of the ideas listed in the 3rd link, gonna try the ones I havenā€™t already now - Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Here is my dxdiag btw, it has alot of errors listed at the end though, so not sure what to think of thatā€¦

DxDiag.txt (152.8 KB)

Still keeps crashing :frowning: Hope have better luck with it than I doā€¦

Your DxDiag is horrifying :smiley:

More seriously, I can see two things in here.

1. RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64

Last Epoch is generating a Windows Error Report with RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64, which basically means ā€œmemory leakā€. Most recently, an EHG helper posted on Discord about a known memory leak:

There is a known memory leak issue the team is working on at the moment however the following might help :bee:

• Verify Game Files through steam
  • Double Check you Graphics Driver are up to date
  • Check RAM usage
  • Lock the FPS to 60
  • Set Master Quality to Low

Source: Discord

Hopefully they address this soon and youā€™ll be up and running once the patch is released :slight_smile:

2. MoAppCrash and WindowsServicingFailureInfo

You have a number of app crashes and windows error reports related to Windows components, including Windows Linux Subsystem. You might have some corrupted Windows files. You can investigate using these instructions:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-corrupted-windows-10-installation/

Oh thanks for this info - Iā€™ve already tried all of the tips mentioned in the first section except 1 - Iā€™m not sure what master quality is, but Iā€™ve tried running the game on lowest possible settings, so I asume thatā€™s about the same

Will definitely give the moappcrash thing a look in a bit, when I can put down this other game

Thanks for looking into my case - Iā€™m honestly lost where else to go, but here in the forums at this stage

Hey again, Tried the other thing aswell, it said it found some errors and fixed them, but I still get crashesā€¦ Hereā€™s an updated dxdiag, if it changes anything?

DxDiag.txt (151.7 KB)

Otherwise, I guess Iā€™m hoping for a patch to help my issueā€¦

Hey @Nubarion - so, the Windows component crashes seem to be gone - thatā€™s good :slight_smile:

I can see you have crashes for Grim Dawn, Smite, Vermintide 2 and Last Epoch

The Last Epoch one looks different this time and when I had a look online the PCA2 crash had been previously associated with Intel on-board graphics. I noticed you have Intel graphics in your DxDiag.

Can you please check your Player.log file and let me know what you see as the ā€œRendererā€ (which indicates the graphics card being used for the game). Hereā€™s another example from this thread which shows it is loading a 2070:

Initialize engine version: 2019.4.40f1 (ffc62b691db5)
[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Last Epoch/Last Epoch_Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (ID=0x1e84)
Vendor:
VRAM: 8003 MB
Driver: 31.0.15.3129

Hey again, thanks for the reply

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever noticed crashing in smite or vermintide 2 though, but I suppose it could have happened at some point - itā€™s definitely not nearly as game breakingly frequent as last epochā€¦

I looked into my player.log and it mentiones
ā€œRenderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (ID=0x1c03)ā€

Do you have a recommendation as to what to do from here?

Iā€™ll leave it in here aswell, just in case
Player.log (49.6 KB)

BR Nubarion

I was thinking if the game is trying to use your in-built graphics, it could have an issue there. Unfortunately, you identified that the game is definitely using your 1060.

So, there is one other thing you could try. I noticed in your recent DxDiag that your Razer had a crash.

+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 2202805635683442797, type 5
Event Name: BEX
Response: Ikke tilgƦngelig
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: RzSDKService.exe
P2: 2.8.2.51
P3: 5eeb662e
P4: ucrtbase.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.789
P6: 82dc99a2
P7: 0009d132
P8: c0000409
P9: 00000005
P10:

This might seem like a long-shot, but you could try:

• upgrading to the latest Razer drivers you can find
  • uninstalling the Razer software and trying a basic USB mouse

Player.zip (745.5 KB)
Player-prev.zip (2.9 MB)
DxDiag.txt (99.4 KB)

Hi there

Your logs are filled with this message:

2023-03-25T21:11:03.8649431+00:00 System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ā€˜LogitechLedEnginesWrapperā€™: The specified module could not be found.

1. Do you have Logitech RGB Keyboard?
  2. Do you have the settings enabled at the bottom (see https://imgur.com/a/go7zH5Y)?

I would try disabling the setting and, if you do have the keyboard, possibly re-installing or removing the keyboard drivers.

This option has always been enabled, I donā€™t have a keyboard with RGB and I canā€™t disable these options.