Please Please Fix Temporal Sanctum! And Let Us Bypass it!

Well I am too new to say myself as I have strong rig and not touching online, so overall my experiance is quite smooth.
But… I only played about 400h and with only one char so for now at last for me there is many chapters of this journey still ahead.
Still when some node in the passive tree doesnt work it is just so bad for the player experience. I just want to play my way, no only have to play what function (doesnt mean viable for endgame but in a sense that works as desinged). Thats the way for arpg when you are baking your own ssf meme builds imho, would you agree? :crazy_face:

Yes, that’s the bit that makes it easier since you then don’t need to do Julra each time.

1 Like

I understand why they put the forge where they did. Legendary crafting is the most powerful thing you can do in the late game, so they put it behind the hardest dungeon. But I agree with your suggestion because it’s the buggiest dungeon by far. EHG doesn’t seem to be prioritizing bug fixes over other things though, sadly. I made a list of bugs last season and most haven’t been fixed yet. And I doubt they will implement your suggestion, so we are going to be stuck in this state for awhile.

2 Likes

No it stops us from wasting time and being frustrated. Again…never have I mentioned difficulty. Again…you can give me a huge difficulty wall I’m willing to climb to “unlock” this feature.

People really need to stop projecting.

No they put it behind the worst designed dungeon. One that you have to do 100’s of times which just ruins the excitement of playing LE and getting awesome items.

2 Likes

I agree, the dungeon is atrocious imo. I have had so many problems while running it, and it just completely kills any excitement to play the game. To explain, I ran the dungeon about 12 times this cycle. 5 of those runs ended in the middle by just randomly getting stuck in place everything staying at 1 life and me being unable to move/die or do anything really. 2 other runs ended because after the first floor I got stuck in a permanent loading screen. Another one ended in me dying, because on the second floor I had a good second or two stuttering every few seconds, which made the game unplayable. And the remaining few times I have actually managed to get to the last boss. Horrible experience. A friend of mine had a similar experience.

3 Likes

I agree 100%, the bugginess of it just makes it that much worse. The white knights are out in force on this one.

It’s a dumb upgrade mechanic in an otherwise brilliant game.

2 Likes

You’re straw-manning his argument.

How is pointing out that doing difficult content isn’t unreasonable to get the best gear a strawman?

I also think this dungeon (and the other dungeons as well) need a proper rework. It’s a real pain in the ar*e to stuck in 2 out of 3 attempts.
The Sanctum is crucial for ones progress!

I played 800+ hrs. in Cycle 1 with countless dungeon runs. Without ANY issues in any dungeon.
Seems to me this problem came with 1.1.

Also sometimes out in the world, I stuck in a loading screen or have invisible enemies and then the game freezes.

Only the Monoliths run flawlass so far. If this phenomenon will appear in the Mono’s as well, I’m done then.

This situation is disappointing and frustrating. I don’t wonna frustration in a game, I prefer fun.

2 Likes

Yea it’s the usual suspects in every forum post offering nothing like usual. I’d actually like the game to be better so it’s worth continuining to play it. Most of the player base is about to be done with this cycle. Same problems different tune.

I do love LE and there are many dumb mechanics that ruin the experience or WASTE OUR TIME. There is no need to waste players time with some nonsensical time sink mechanic. If it’s a good game we will farm for 100’s or 1,000’s of hours.

The Devs got it wrong and hope it gets fixed before 1.2.

3 Likes

Temporal Sanctum takes 15 minutes.

Run northwest, and keep an eye on your minimap for the door icons to appear …

I haven’t noticed any bugs in it either :confused:

No. You’d like to make the game better FOR YOU. Even if that would make the game worse for others.
Which is fine, is what people usually advocate for. But you can’t be dismissive of other people’s opinions when they try to do the exact same thing you do.

There is for some players. Some players actually want the chase of something hard to obtain.

D3 is a great game (for their target base, which are the casuals). And yet many people left it. Because it was too easy, everything was handed to you and there was no chase.

Different games offer different things and different experiences. Not everyone has to like them. That’s why there are many choices in the market.

As I said before, LE is much closer to PoE than D3.

1 Like

True! It seems more significant to EHG to fix and fix again this very importand controller feature in a PC game.
If any one finds sarcasm in this reply, he can keep it.

1 Like

Why do we have to waste 15 min over and over again torturing ourselves though? I could be just playing another game or doing something that is fun. You aren’t making a good argument. We are still wasting 15 min… 100’s of times which gets in the way of actually enjoying the game, farming, playing alts etc.

Tons of bugs. Freezes going down, being stuck, ablities not working when shifting dimensions. All of this ontop of the worst designed mechanic of a dungeon.

At some point I’m gonna quit because of Temporal Sanctum just like I did before. Last Epoch is competing for my time and there are other things that are fun I can do with it. I just can’t be more clear on this. It’s sad because LE at it’s core is a great game but it has several things that will keep driving players away.

Maybe 1.2 will be better… I just hope we get there faster which again is the point of this thread.

Honestly, because some people have fun doing that. If you don’t, you’re right, you could be playing another game.
Much like you don’t have fun in PoE, so you play another game. And apparently the same for D3/D4.

ARPG games are niche and each tries to appeal to a different crowd. There are many out there, including torchlight, hero siege, grim dawn, etc.
If you’re not having fun in one, move on to another.

Much like I stopped having fun in PoE and left. Much like I had fun playing D3 for a few days at a time(since that was enough to have everything) and then left.
Much like I regularly play D2 (usually PD2) still. Or Grim Dawn.

It’s fine that you don’t like that mechanic. But other players do. It’s not objectively bad. Or good. You just don’t like it. Others do.

1 Like

To be fair, a lot of people here DO complain about Julra being a hard gatekeeper, but this particular poster is not one of them. This is a select group that wants to play LE 8 hours a day every day for the next 5 months, so anything that adds seconds each run across thousands of runs will be perceived by these sweatlords as a catastrophe.

This particular player wants 1-button, screen wide, 1 million damage nukes where you just press a button and everything blows up. For this type of player, the first two rooms of Temporal Sanctum are mind-blowingly boring, especially if the dungeon happens to have barriers that force the character to make a wide-sweeping arc around them.

If the dungeon were more interesting, I’m sure the OP would be praising the dungeon instead of “slamming” it (hence the comparison to D2 uber fights). Instead, combine the pointless barriers (I mean the actual barriers in the dungeons) with the chance to get disconnected or frozen, alongside the 50/50 chance you go through the dungeon and get screwed hard by RNG, and it can lead to a frustrating experience.

Though I’m not sure how to placate the sweatlords that want to play this game every minute, as they get hung up by the tiniest of things most players don’t even take a second look at.

Allow me to explain. When the only thing you know about about logical fallacies are sound byte level information you got from infographics on the internet, you redefine them as synonyms for “NO YOU”.

1 Like

Because it unlocks the most powerful gear in the whole game.
You just want it for free without effort, and that’s boring.

Removing the gameplay is not a cure for the gameplay.

And why are you running Temporal Sanctum “100s of times” that’s a gross exaggeration. Running it several times due to RNG may be true per item, but how many uniques could you possibly be wearing? There’s only 11 equipment slots in the game. Are you running TS 8-10 times per item? Why are you only wearing uniques?

I must be blessed by the RNG gods because I usually only have to run TS several times when I’m very unlucky, to get the slam I need. Several being around 5+ times…

This is pretty accurate. I don’t agree with everything you said in your post but you did nail a lot of it. Temporal sanctum isn’t difficult. It just is a badly designed atrocity in the way of enjoying LE. That you have to do over and over and over again. Which eventually causes myself and others to quit because Temporal sanctum strips all excitement of finding cool items and making new builds.

With that said I’m on the forums instead of playing the game this morning. I’m not looking forward to a lot of the pointless grind that I have to do. LE and Devs need to stop making players waste their time instead of getting too the good stuff.

That’s only your opinion. I have no issues with TS and actually think its kind of fun.

I recognize some people are experiencing bugs with it, although I haven’t. That’s fair. But saying it’s design is bad because YOU don’t think it’s fun is just incorrect… Not everything you dislike is “bad design”