Performance issues with rogue skills Shadow Cascade/Dagger Dance build

I would post my logs as it is suggested here but the 3 post links don’t exist anymore

What happens is I’ve noticed consistent FPS drops whenever I use shadow cascade when there are any number of mobs on screen, getting much worse the more mobs are present.
When there are just a few mobs it’s barely noticeable, but on moderate to big size packs sometimes the game straight up chokes for a second

I’m not sure if it’s a problem with Shadow Cascade itself, the dagger nodes, or if it’s just way too many bleed calculations at once and the game derps out, or something else entirely

My pc is a bit old but I did not have anything even remotely close to this happen when I was playing werebear druid just a few days ago

Here is the build if it helps in anything: Bladedancer, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.1e) - Last Epoch Build Planner
Here is my pc specs:
i5-3570
GTX 1070ti
16gb DDR3
game is on SSD

I can post the other logs if anyone can tell me where they are since the posts that do that don’t exist anymore apparently, can also record it since it’s very reproducible if it helps with anything

Just to rule out possible new patch related issues I’ll play my druid for a bit and see if a lot of mobs do anything performance wise, will edit this if I find anything new

Thanks in advance

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

LE is in obviously in beta and there are known performance issues - pretty much what you are describing… However, these are general and not usually specific to using a particular skill. There definitely are skill related issues but these are quickly noticed by the player base and the devs tend to patch them relatively quickly.

So I am going to assume (correctly or not) that because there are not lots of players posting about Shadow Cascade specifically that this issue is the more general performance problem - at least until we have more information…

With the beta unoptimised state of the game, the general performance issues are both CPU & GPU related… So you may notice FPS spikes in game when there are lots of visual effects (GPU) or you may notice problems with lots of mobs or minions proc;ing various skills (CPU & GPU) or you may notice things like your bleed example (CPU)…

Your system CPU is barely 5% faster than the minimum CPU required by the game… So it is likely going to struggle in the busy moments. Your GPU in contrast is over the recommended required for the game and should be fine for the GPU related tasks… however its likely that in busy moments, your CPU is unable to keep up with the processing required and your GPU is waiting for it to catch up - all situations which present as FPS spikes, freezing, lag etc… This bottlenecking can also be related to the settings you are using…

Skills like cascade that hit lots of mobs at the same time require more processing from both CPU & GPU and its likely that this is what you are experiencing.

If you post your details, I can see if there is anything else to take note of but the following are my recommendations:

1. If you are not already doing so, set your in-game settings to the absolute lowest at the res you want to play at - i.e. very low with all things disabled or set to their lowest option… Be sure to check that framerate limiting is enable and dont go higher than 60fps.

2. Make sure your GPU drivers & OS patches are up to date. Gpu drivers from the last 2-3 months should be ok.

3. Verify the game files if you are using steam

The files you are looking for are in:
BootDrive:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games
(EHG updated the support site so now the older links on the forum no longer work)…

Please post: player.log, le_graphicsmanager.ini and your dxdiag output report.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.