Patchnotes wording

I would like if the way changes to skill nodes are worded would be more consistent. For example in the patchnotes for 1.1. there were changes to mana cost through skill nodes and in some cases the wording was that the node “grants” more mana cost, while in other cases it was worded with “adds” mana cost. Also sometimes there was “adds x mana” and in some cases “adds +x mana”. I think it would just add to the be easier to read and understand if the wording for the same change is always the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed, for a ARPG - which is all about precision in terminology for such things - it’s not a ‘nice to have’ thing but a mandatory aspect.

Hence 100% on your side if the mentioned parts (no, I won’t re-read the whole patch notes again to make sure it’s not actually a difference there, my brain either took it in right or I autocorrected mentally) relate to the same mechanic but under different wording.

1 Like

I agree. There needs to be consistency with wording in diablo likes.

@Kulze ya i think my brain did the same. Not about to re-read them to check as well.

Agreed. This is has been a fairly common comment for a long time and they’ve gone to great lengths to try to standardize all of the tooltips. Many of the culprits can sometimes be thing that have been in the game for forever. They’ve got room to improve upon this but I assure you, they do know it and agree as well. I’d also recommend filing in game bug reports when you see one that isn’t standardized because it helps them to know exactly which one they’ve missed (in a specific scenario.)

1 Like

Big agree. EHG please.

Just to show the difference in those wordings

2 Likes