Patch 0.9 Echo Rewards Spawn Rates are way too high!

Since Patch 0.9 released I played several chars through Normal and Empowered Monolith and I do not like how many good rewards are spawning too early.

Stuff like this happening on 100 corruption didn’t happened once to me in over thousands of hours in previous patches in way higher corruption levels.

If this would happen on 300-500 corruption I could see this as the rewards for grinding that far and having characters that can cope with that difficulty.

The current spawn rate for both Vessels and Rare Rewards(Specific Unique/Set + Exalted) is higher than 400-500 corruption pre0.9.

I have not yet pushed a character far beyond 200 corruption to see how the rewards scale up, but from 100-200 corruption I didn’t really notice any difference. It just stayed that good.

Also during my normal monolith playthroughs I often discovered multiple Vessels, even though I just filled up the timeline stability for the boss.
I think there was not a single normal timeline that didn’t have at least one vessel.

On one side I could see Vessels being more common in normal as a learning tool for new players to see these advanced mechanics.
But on the other side I really like if the deeper parts of endgame actually have “new” mechanics, that a player can “discover” after he thought he already seen it all and then all of the sudden there is this “new thing” he didn’t know about.

Also the amount of Specific Unique/Set and Exalted Rewards are way too high.
It is just too much and simply doesn’t feel special or exciting.

This is even worse in MP as a guest, because you effectively get twice the rewards and there were many instance of a guest having multiple Specific Unique/Set Rewards in succession.

This whole situation combined with general imrpoved drop rates of exalted items will flood you with enourmous amounts of good loot before you even need it.
Before even getting the chance to push beyond 200 corruption I already have multiple exalted items with good stats. By that time in my progression I didn’t even need them before but now I have them without doing anything specific for them.

TL:DR

• Rare Echo Rewards spawn too common in normal monolith
  • Rare Echo Rewards spawn way more common in 100 corruption empowered monolith compared to 400-500 corruption monolith pre0.9
  • This makes rewards not feel special
  • Kinda makes corruption farming pointless
3 Likes

Interesting, that was not my experience at all, I discovered a single vessel in the entire journey towards empowered.

2 Likes

How do you uncover the echo web?

Straight away from the starting point or spiraling/seeking good rewards regardless of depths?
Vessels cannot spawn before a certain depths (roughly ~10 depth)

If you go straight towards the boss and try to finish the timeline as fast as possible you usually need ~21-22 echoes for normal.

So only the last few echoes can even spawn echoes.

I don’t want to discredit your experience and I love to get different perspectives, but I played hundreds of echeos in dozens of timelines and can confidentitally say, the chance for Vessels is waaaay higher than pre0.9.

If its too high? Well that is up for discussion, but that is why I created this thread.

But for having a well grounded discussion I think it is important that people also detaisl their strategies.

I haven’t discovered any. I just rushed to get the required stability with an occasional Shade.

2 Likes

i’ve went to 250 corruption in this update and farmed reign of dragons empowered a lot with 50+ echoes per “rotation” and have never had 3 special tiles in a row. i have also only had the reroll tile reward (the red thing) 2 times and the “reset” blue thing twice aswell.

you are honestly just extremely lucky so your experience is very unrealistic, i’d recommend you to play more empowered rotations to get a proper feel for their rarity.

imo the specific special tiles are in fact a bit too rare, seems to be about 1/20 at 200 corruption

I really waited with my feedback until I have a good sample size, because I know how luck (or bad luck) sometimes can work.

It is also funny that you mention playing more at higher corruption, which would be something I will definitely do in the next few weeks, but I prefer playing all new builds first before diving deep into one or two specific builds.

But another user did state some simialr experience that I have with grinding at 100 corruption:

I really hate confirmation bias, but there might be something if people with higher corruption farming experience less of what I experience.

I did play one character to 200+ coruption already and it truely didn’t feel more rewarding, qutie the opposite.

I also double checked with my friend who I played some MP with and he also had a lot of Vessels during our normal monolith runs.
Right now I have several devloped webs with several Vessels.

I really hope a dev could bring in some confirmation here, if this is actually some weird bug.

mhm so it might actually just be bugged then, i think 1/15-ish echoes per special node would be okay and not too broken if youre at like 300-400 corruption, but whatever you had in your screenshots seems too good i’ll agree

I played 70 hours of MP during the week, upgraded 4 timelines from 100 to 250~350 corruption , and only once saw 3 unique rewards connected (at 340 corruption in black sun) as you did :joy:

I think its very hard to generalise all these special nodes.
Also there is more to the system than simply “every 15 echoes”. because depths does also matter.

Specific Unique Items, Exalted Items for specific slots, Vessels, they are all not equal and have different weightings.

Something like Vessels would not be good every 15 echoes.
Unique and Exalted Rewards might be.

Maybe I should not have a screenshot of that extreme case attached. because my general feedback was not purelay based on that one single extreme case.

The over all frequency of Specific Unique and Exalted Nodes is just too high.
me and my friend were having 3-5 Specific Unique Rewards within 15-20 echoes.
Sometimes 2 in succession.

oh yea i was specifically talking about the unique/set of x gearpart nodes, not the exalted/reset/reroll ones

Am I the only one who cant understand what is the “problem” there.
The whole idea of the genre of such games is to kill mobs and farm cool loot.
Its not like every node drops 4 legendary potential perfectly rolled usefull uniques.
you always can refuse to click a flowing crystal with main reward and start the next node.

Rewards should be exciting, especially targeted rewards.
Having too much of something makes it not feel special.

I want to have these “Nice another Unique Dagger Echo Reward!” moment.

Currently its like “Oh I don’t have any Unique dagger rewards anymore, just play 4 more echoes and there will be one for sure”

Artificially “skipping” rewards does not make them feel better.

My highest Corruption timeline is currently only 144 and I haven’t had anywhere near the experience you’re describing. I didn’t see a single Vessel or Rare Reward on any non-empowered timeline. Before the current level of corruption I saw maybe 3-5 unique/set nodes and a single Chaos Vessel.

I push straight outward, sometimes detouring for rewards if they’re right there in my face.

Ixnay on the Eedback-fay !

:smiley:

Heavy prefers his games to force him to crawl over broken glass and razor wire for his loot while screaming at him in not-German.

Honestly, that doesn’t change anything
That’s my point: you think there are too many ex or unique echo rewards, so to protect the “surprise” you think it should be reduced.
But the problem is that all the relevant systems in this game are offsetting the “surprise”
It’s not like POE, POE when you have a god roll base and can modify it in an infinite number of directions to perfection
LE has a lot of RNG requirements and extremely limited RNG opportunities (build potential, legendary potential)
So when an ex or rare drops, it’s not a “good base for long term use”, it’s a “build time consumable”
If you farm a character for a while, almost any reward is not worth expecting, because its ex affix does not meet the requirements in 95% of the cases, and in 90% of the cases you have no way to build it to the required level
Legendary potential is even worse, high level legendaries have less chance of legendary potential (and their drop rate itself is rare), and the chance of hitting the required affix is even lower
So all in all, they are not a “surprise” in the overall system flow of the game, it’s just a relatively rare “blood vial” or “rune”

I don’t know what to say.

I simply disagree with everything you stated :sweat_smile:

Especially the paragraph with LP is a very hard disagree

I really don’t get the negatives from a lot of people that critique the LP system.
If a unique drops with LP that was unexpected, that is a great moment.

Uniques with LP and the legendary crafting process are also 2 separate steps for me. And the crafting process itself feels worse right now with the exalted drop rates.

There is a a difference between already using a specific unique and then finding a LP version of that item.
Or having a unique that you would potentially use if you can put the correct affixes on it.

For me finding specific uniques with LP on its own already is exciting and then thinking which exalted items you would use. There is a lot that goes into this whole process in trying to find the best possible exalted item within a realistic frame.

Especially legendary crafting currently feels very boring because I have so many exalted items with good affixes that I can legendary craft most of my uniques without to much thought.

1 Like

According to your picture that’s a you problem. Stuff like that never happened to me on 100 corruption. For me everything seems alright and in line. Maybe the problem is that you activly look for something like this to happen because so far I’m happy with having a unique node or an exalt node in one echo.

Corruption farming IS pointless. I see no difference between 200 and 400 corruption and on top of it with the mob increases added through maps and corruption it would be widely unfair for average Joe to first grind to 800 corruption to get decent gear. 200 corruption is a sweet spot to build how you like and still be able to drop every item (If this haven’t changed in the past few days).

To me this is a non issue… on one hand because something never happens to me and on the other hand because it’s better to have good rewards early on to keep people intrested.

LE has a big issue: Progression! Not only the leveling that stops to be intresting after you have all your skills and arround 70-80 skillpoints but the item progression as well. Why should I farm on a lvl 80 toon that is equipped in such a way that a gear upgrade drops once in a blue moon? I would be happy to see monos like that lol.

From my understanding with higher corruption you get more higher tier rewards, like unique, exalted or mono specific more often, also the item rarity should make the mono bossses more likely to drop their uniques, and echo monsters drop more uniques and exalteds.

This should be noticeable between when you start empowered, and when you farm in 200 corruption to perfect blessings. And should be also noticeable comparing when you farm 200 corruption for blessing or when you push up to 300 to farm the nodes…

All I can say from my experience, is that exalteds dropped from monsters didn’t scale well from normal monos, and empowered then empowered with 200+ corruption, the difference was barely noticeable.

I didn’t go hunting for rewards, most of the time I pushed as far as I could to push corruption in every mono, rarely I got out of my way to get some exalted or unique reward.

I didn’t notice an upgrade between normal empowered and higher corruption, but I didn’t go for it, my initial conclusion is that was samey rewarding from high monos to high corruption, same happens with monster drops regarding exalteds, with uniques I did notice the increase clearly. I don’t know what’s going on.

Not at all.
I was noticing this stuff very early on during my playtime of the patch. I did definitely not looking out for any changes, but still noticed them.

I purposefully did wait long enough to make sure this is not a good luck streak.

After having notice the changes I talked to some other people and they all had similar experiences to some degree.

I cannot tell for sure how it is in Patch 0.9 right now.

But pre0.9 the difference of 200 and 400 was very noticeable.
Not necessary in-echo loot. But spawn rate of each rewards and vessels was very noticeable.