just in case this reaches devs ears, thank you very much for your hard work. This game is shaping to be real contender to PoE and Diablo which probably makes many people very happy! Any suggestions below are coming from player with over 10000 hours in Diablo3 and PoE alone not counting other arpgs like Grim Dawn, Wolcen, Tourchlight or older Diablos so not everything might be suited well for casual player. Now, enough with introductions and to the point.
- Current Endgame - Arena / Monolith
- Gameplay - Skills / Classes
- Monolith - i assume the idea was to create similar endgame experience to D3 rifts or PoE atlas with monolith as its “base”. Currently monolith are taking too long to get you to the “good stuff” which are the bosses and the completion of timeline reward. Normal non-quest monolith at the moment is just boring and repetitive rush to complete the objective and get out as soon as possible. The fact that you need 20-30 of those just to complete timeline is just adding to the problem. Cut the amount required for quest echo by significant amount and in compensation add multiple objectives in echo to complete for more variety.
Random map generator for monolith layouts will also improve greatly replayability - i honestly was suprised to see this is not the case in monoliths as this is pretty much standard in any other game. It adds to the diversification of experience even if you run the same base map but with slightly altered layout it plays much differently than running from A to B with most of your interest on other screen since you know exactly where to go.
Density - while i understand that philosophy is much different than PoE or Diablo where you zoom through hundreds of mobs, some of the monoliths have just abysmal density, you can run sometimes for 20-30sec and encounter maybe 10 white mobs and nothing more eg. Ice Caves layout.
Arena - most of the map layouts in arena are just too big for the amount of mobs spawned. They can be easly half the size and will greatly improve the sense of actual challenge where you get hit from all the sides if you arent prepared and didnt position yourself well.
Arena checkpoints - while addition of the lvl90 key was move in the right direction, its still not enough. The simplest and best solution for arenas to not be a few hours journey if you are pushing for ladder is simple checkpoint like every 100 or 50 waves. Remove the 90lvl start key and let us pick the wave we can start at bases on this checkpoints each time we enter the arena. Challenge should come from increasing difficulty, not from “will i have enough time to push far enough?”.
- Base movement speed of characters - While i understand that rouge is the speedy girl, supposed to be quick on feet compared to other classes, the rest feels just too slow. Base movement speed in such large layouts (especially in those empty monoliths) feels way too low. Its way, way, WAY worse when you enter monolith with mobs chilling you and you can move literaly from your movement skill CD to movement skill CD. I would suggest either increasing movement speed bonuses on boots on all tiers or simply increase base movement speed.
Skills interactions - skills procing other skills - here is some design inconsistency that i just dont understand and might be missing a point but eg. shadow cascade + synchronized strike interaction, why was it nerfed? You clearly wanted people to use synchronized strike as initiator for high burst aoe shadow cascades, this playstyle is completly imposible now even with 4 idols for mana efficiency. You need to run mana generator for the build to work where you are dependant on shadows that disapear after few seconds. This makes for awful gameplay that just doesnt add up in the end. You could have just nerfed the damage of cascade when casted from synchronized strike to compensate the big aoe it could do.
Another example is disintegrate + lightning blast, why would i ever use disintegrate as main source of damage if i can take the no-mana cost node + defensive nodes and focus on scaling lightning blast which does more damage then any disintegrate setup and to proc it via disintegrate i just use 4 mastery points?
Mana - i understand the philosophy behind the mana costs of some skills but not all classes should have mana issues. At the moment every build you do the first question is how do i get this to be actually viable mana wise - while sorcerer, druid or even paladin should very much be mana hungry, why does the quick and jumpy rogue or tanky boi forge guard or even our lovely melee mage spellblade should be so heavly taxed on mana if some of them barely got any way to recover it or way that just breaks your gameplay. Eg forge strike is completly imposible to play as main strike (non-minion) skill, doesnt matter how much you try.
Also mana should definately be suffix instead of prefix. It really makes no sense why it is prefix for any class other than mage.
- Misc - any crafting reagent should be on autopick up like gold or health poitions directly to the forge. It makes no sense to have tons of them in bag just to press one button in your inventory to send them to forge.
DPS tooltip - currently to the best of my knowledge its imposible to check what portion of your damage is in alignments you do and what part in your main skill or even just what is the current critical strike rate for the skill. Definately needs improvements and more depth.
Mastery respecialization - you already have 5 different classes which makes you go through leveling 5 times, its more than enough for avarage player, forcing someone who likes to try out new things to level 15 times where 10 of those are on thesame character is poor decision. Eg. is myself in this case i leveled up sentiel to try warpath, i mastered it into forge guard thinking i can go with some tankiness as melee, turns out the damage is extreemly low and i want to try out void knight instead. Now i have to level up exacly thesame character with thesame skills but different mastery, this isnt fun and honestly pushes me personaly out of trying new stuff.
Thesame stands of losing XP when you respec your skills, why would you punish player for trying new stuff? If i change my skills i need to get to monolith or arena on subpar half-assed build and run multiple runs of those just to get xp to get my real build going, this is just waste of time that serves no purpose.
If anyone survived till this point, thank you for reading and have a great day/night ! Cheers !