One-shot and Lost Caches | Coming in Runes of Power

Chests with just loot is a bit boring, we already have echo chests with semi-determined loot. Maybe they should have various effects and spawn some strong monsters from the box? Anyway, alongside with Exiled rogue mage essences, a good start. Looking forward for more echo content diversity in the future.
Do you plan something like a POE atlas skill tree to improve these random events? Make them more common and rewarding? An easy temporary solution would be adding a new mono with appropriate blessings.
More density is more packs or denser packs? Mainly large distance between packs and backtracking made echos feel empty sometimes. Anyhow, both are addressed, so this is a big improvement.
Wish you a successful patch without any rising server flames.

And again, no changes to the shaman. This is very unfortunate. A lot of little things added to the game is good, but a whole class with big problems that are ignored is bad.

1 Like

Lost caches state not every echo has one, I assume rune prisons are the same? it wasnt as clearly stated in the last news post.

Edit: Also just some semantics from my end, why are these items “Rare” they feature no forging potential, they feature no crafting, and they have their own special affixes you cant get any other way. Why are they simply not uniques with inability to obtain LP similar to gamblers fallacy or avarice

2 Likes

If the crates isn’t on “roads” gl for me bc exploring is pretty meh when is basic as go from point A to B to kill some enemies or to change zone.

The “rogue exile” content + the crates make monolyth diferent of each other but i hope some day clearing a map will be beneficious bc rn you have zero to not kill only the needed monster to end a mono rn

But that is the entire point of both of these new additions. To add something to make it “not meh” exploring.

If those chests are sufficient, that is another discussion to be had, after we have some hands on experience with them, but anyway, this is a step into the right direction.

2 Likes

One-shot caches?

Someone on the team likes Grim Dawn :slight_smile:
Can’t say I blame them.

1 Like

Let’s wait until the actual patch notes drop in, shall we? :slight_smile:

Only in hardcore mode

Hell yes

God LE has evolved so much from the first alpha, its truly impressive. This patch is an absolute fuckin banger, cant wait!

I never really felt the maps needed to be fully explored. I just thought they would add stuff you’d discover naturally like Vaal side areas in POE or maps within maps. I definitely don’t think full map exploration should be a priority.

Do some of the one shot caches contain uniques specific to that box?

The fixed seeded items in the One-Shot Caches you find throughout the campaign are Personal Items. These are kinda like “light” uniques as they have specific stats and a set of affixes that you can’t find elsewhere but are not actually classified as unique items. It is possible for a unique item to drop from one of these Caches but they aren’t guaranteed.

Nobody’s said anything about fully exploring zones, just that now there’ll be some reasons to go off the direct path to the quest marker/next zone.

Besides, these will all be found and mapped out in a few weeks then youll be able to find out whats in them and where they areand include them in your run if you want.

So im curious…

Can an experimental affix be t6 or t7?
If so…
If a glph of insight is used on a personal item on the affixes other than the personal affix and it becomes exalted…
Could you then…
Have a chance to place that personal affix on a unique when making a legendary…

P.s. im having a hard time falling asleep thinling of the possibilities if you can do the above. Thanks…

Personal Items always drop with 0 Forging Potential. Sorry, can’t pull those personal affixes onto a unique.

1 Like

Sad day.

Did the map overlay actually got reduced or did you guys simply put like barricades on some paths? I mean, I saw some maps that seems to be “connected” but can’t be passed through because there’s some barricade or some invisible wall on it. But this is probably the best part of this for me lol. Solarum Ascent, Burning Forest…what else… Hopefully these have been modified too.

Cursed chests! “Better” loot but risky. I’d love to see this in LE. Reminds me of Grim Dawn’s totems places all over the world where it gives you loot if you defeat all the supposedly-power mobs spawned from it.

One comment here stated that the devs are showing Tempest Strike on the preview, and one said we should just better wait for the patch notes. Maybe they have something more in the update but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Shaman is one of the classes I wanted to try but it’s so outdated. Though if they’re going to make an update about Shaman, it will probably something thematic like this upcoming one–Runes of Power or something they did with Druid rework update. Probably a future update focusing on balance and overhaul.

Personal items seem to be a great idea, it will make speedrunning the campaign a lot more interesting, since there would be some fixed content to route around.
One curiosity: Are one-shot caches the same for all classes?
So the personal item in the mage oneshot caches would be the same as the one in sentinel?

This is great to hear, backtracking through monoliths was an absolute chore.
I personally would have preferred a better compass, one that points the way accounting for the geometry of the level (so one that does pathfinding). But this also works.

We pray its 1.0

According to the unofficial roadmap, this is the last update before 1.0 other then small tweaks aka bugs, slight balance changes if something on runemaster is op etc.

if its further out then 1.0… That is a struggle.