Nova boy 0.8.3

• Updated Arena gear planner + added couple gifs

Thank you for fast answer man. Iā€™ll try it with that tree and your advices.

@FoE: You might be aware about the unintended interaction between the Mortal Capacitor nodes for LB & Spark Charges inflicted by other skills.

If I were to spec 5/5 Mortal Capacitor, what in your opinion would be the optimum Lightning Blast tree to still do respectable single target damage? What is your opinion on Mortal Capacitor in the Lightning variant overall?

1 Like

Do you have a Lootfilter? :slight_smile:

I am very aware of it :slight_smile: if you went for that then youā€™d sacrifice either shattershock or quad cast so u would ditch quad cast. As for what I think about it, itā€™s pretty cool but I never lack aoe damage at all.

Hey, thanks for replying. I bet with the kind of gear you have on in your planner itā€™s no trouble at all.

Right now, Iā€™m lvl 86 Sorc in SSF with this build. A lot of my gear is pretty badā€¦around 600% inc. lightning damage, 255% crit multi & 58% crit chance. I see the spark charges in the default setup hitting mobs in lvl 100 monos for around 800-1000 damage.

Iā€™m also grinding hard for an Orianā€™s Eye, along with all the empowered blessings, so I have a loooot of monos to grind ahead before I can start hitting arena. Thanks for the advice.

Iā€™ll drop the quadcast nodes and also the 1 point in Lightning Aegis (no idols yet so itā€™s kinda only there for the damage reduction) and see how it goes.

But I have to say, the build is just superb. Blowing through lvl 100 monos like itā€™s campaign leveling.

Yeah i can see sparky charge effect being stronger if you are not yet at its full potential (Mainly the idols) Once you get it fully going your elemental nova will 1 tap trash monsters and the spark charges donā€™t really do much at that point (Unless arena)

Good luck with the orianā€™s hunt :slight_smile:

Do you have a lootfilter you could share for this build?

Hey, great guide!

Right now I just hit level 78 and farming/gambling Orionā€™s. Instead im using an Amulet with flat mana to break at least 200 Mana but I donā€™t see me breaking 300 with Orionā€™s even with a great mana roll - do I miss something or do I just have to spec some more into the +Mana Node then?

Hello! I am currently at 301 mana with 144 mana orianā€™s (this includes 1 point into wisdom) at level 100. If you are unable to hit high roll (such as mine) You can move points from Brainstorm to wisdom (at the loss of damage but breaking 300 mana is crucial for the idols, archmage)

https://pastebin.com/mZVxs1RY
Disable ssf uniques and all exalted rule if you donā€™t wanna see everything

1 Like

If you dont have a VERY good orians you need 1 mana roll somewhere.

I am lvl 89, have only a 104 orians and run 1 t5 mana roll on shoes - 314 mana.
I wouldnt burn passives (at least not before lvl ~95 when you run out of options anyway) to force the 300 mana without gear.

TLDR: If orians has less than 130 mana run one mana roll.

Considering how rare orians is atm (People been saying they spent 20 mil and still no orians) Might as well run chest, boots, Amulet with flat mana. at t5 rolls that would be 183 mana and itā€™ll replace poorly rolled orians and flat mana roll

somewhere around 3-4 million i seem to be on the lucky side :wink:

If you dont have an orians at all the real question is:
Do you have good enough 300+ mana idols that you should invest so heavily in mana at all?

I would use even a very poor orians to free up the void resist (you save at very least 1 affixe, if you want max void 2 affixes) and you free up 2 more affiixes for the at least 75 mana you gain. Thats basicly 3-4 affixes you save on other gear.

Best case alternative would be something like that i guess:

Do you have any item filter for that build?

For the record both the Lightning and Ice versions of this build work just fine without Ashen Crown / Orianā€™s Eye - you just need to take care to cap your ele resists+some void, take a bit of dodge, and spec 1 point into the DECOY nodes in Teleport (just pull 1 point out of 3 of the other nodes). The decoys help a ton with damage mitigation, and the playstyle feels more rewarding to me. You do a lot of teleporting into packs and blowing them up / stun-locking them.
Additional tweaks that help the close quarters playstyle are putting ~2 points in the Overcharge node for ele nova (hitting 5x per second at 16% chance to proc means youā€™ll get a +75% aoe and 200% chance to shock hit about once a second) and grabbing a T5 ā€œ+% Chance to Stunā€ affix on your weapon instead of chance to slow.
You wonā€™t be able to push to the tippy top of Arena since youā€™re in close quarters, but it works just fine and you donā€™t need to use other skills to level. The increased chance to stun means both Ele Nova and Lightning Blast can both basically stun lock any mob, so between that, you making 3 clones of yourself every time you teleport, and casting ele nova 3x every time you teleport, itā€™s honestly fairly safe.

He linked it like 2 messages above yours.

https://pastebin.com/mZVxs1RY
Disable ssf uniques and all exalted rule if you donā€™t wanna see everything

Ah thank you, sorry i just came here and wrote it just like that. Didnā€™t look above haha.

hey, nice build ! sorry if it was asked by someone already, but what would you say would be a good time to switch from Glacier to the ā€œfullā€ Ele Nova ? (dont have the crown + amulet atm)

As soon as you have the crown you can switch. The amulet is not mandatory for the build to work. I donā€™t have the amulet, level 80 and running monolith 90 without a problem.