Nova boy 0.8.3

HI , new player here having a blast with this so far ! Can somone explain to me the difference between the 2h version with the 1h+catalyst? is 2h+legendary chest a more tanky approach for arena ? or more dmg? what does the 1h version does better ? just trying to figure out which version i should go for 1st .

if u were me what would u try to craft first? which “version” does better in both endgame systems? Excuse my noobiness and thanks for this build !

I would recommend the wand + catalyst first.

The staff version is tanky approach without losing any damage (in fact more damage than wand)

wand + catalyst allows you to reach 100% crit chance for your lightning blast and gives you extra suffixes that the staff version cannot give. Easier time to cap resistances etc

Both builds can do all content in the game without any issues

thanks, i don’t have it yet, but i switched like 1 day ago and am still currently blasting through lvl ~60+ monoliths and arena also around ~60-70 (didn’t really try to push yet)
is there some (easy) way to get the crown? I tried gambling Silver Crowns and crafting till it fractures as i saw someone mention you can get uniques that way too? but both without success yet. Does it drop somewhere/from someone?

Oh you don’t get Ashen crown by fracturing it. (That would be Fractured crown it is the only unique that can be gotten by fracturing an item)

Your best chance is by gambling for silver crowns since it is the only way to target specific uniques

oohh ok thanks, nice to know!

btw, does the “Shred armor on hit” work for EleNova/Lightning Strike? Because i’ve read in the description that it lowers physical resistance?

It lowers armor…
Armor works against all hits.

But it is twice as effective against physical hits compared to the other damage elements.

@FoE Going to try this build :star_struck:

Thank you for the guide and information!!

Tried the lightning version, made it to lvl 96 & wave 227 on softcore ladder, the build is legit!

I’m now trying out a fire version in SSF just to see how the experience is. Any recommendations for single target dmg spell instead of lightning blast?

Fireball with flame burst or volcanic orb

1 Like

Any tips on getting defenses better for my build. Been following yours, and starting to notice some deaths could have been mitigated with better defenses. Resists are okay, just not sure where to go from here: dodge, large ward pool, focus on endurance? What’s been your best bet when hitting the level 90+ game.

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/rBrEnmQp

Focus on capping your void and necrotic resistance ( I recommend trying to get a bone amulet with crit multi and void res at least) focus on getting dodge on potion belt. You can drop the poison resistance since that shouldn’t kill you. You want either hp or threshold over any other defense layer (ward, dodge)

Does this build still work at full capacity with Orian’s? I obviously would need to sacrifice a lot of affixes in other pieces of gear for mana. Is it worth it to chase those idols and use mana affixes on my gear, or just not other getting 300 mana and use other idols?

Orian’s is not necessary. It makes it easier to hit 300 mana, but otherwise the build works without it. I’ve easily spent 1m gold trying to get one, and still don’t have it. At the same time, my Nova Sorcerer is lvl 91, pushing 200’s in arena and taking on lvl 100 monolith without an Orian’s. Lack of DPS isn’t the issue I’ve run into, it’s surviving fights. The build by itself is a bit of a glass cannon.

Hi everyone! I really love this build. I feel like im a bit stucking, can someone help me a bit how i can improve my build? Im not sure which stat should be better - elem dmg, lightning dmg or spell dmg? Which one scales better?

All sources of % increased damage are added together then applied so you’re only looking for the biggest numbers you can get. Element-specific affixes (such as % lightning or % fire) and spell damage have a higher numerical range than more general modifiers such as % Elemental damage (which will buff lightning, fire & cold) so you can go with either % lightning or % spell damage and do slightly more damage than if you went with % elemental.

3 Likes

Can I get those unique itens for the build only by random drop and gamble? I already lvl 80, but didn’t drop the helmet or the amulet :frowning:

The helm and amulet can only be gambled / random drop. Also The amulet is no longer exactly easy to get so you are better off using rare amulet and get 300 mana in other ways+ void res

So I was keen to try out a fire version of this build. Rolled a mage in SSF, reached lvl 96 with it now. I just wanted to share the build planner in case any one else was interested in a fire version.

Pros:
Don’t need Ashen Crown
Don’t need Orian’s Eye
Don’t need crit avoidance blessing
All res capped (except poison, but nobody cares about poison)
Damage is insane
Meteor is pretty much a guaranteed stun and high damage, so I use it on high priority targets, bigger the hitbox the better!

Cons:
Single target of Lightning Blast is sorely missed
Not being able to take Arcane Current hurts, but you can still stun lock mobs with Ele Nova

I tried Fireball & Volcanic Orb, both left a lot to be desired.

I’d appreciate some input on where I can make some improvements to my gear.

Idk the drop rate was nerfed or not but from the gambling simulator site I can clearly see that it’s nearly impossible to get the necklace now lol. Do you plan to make a version of the build without it? I get the part we need to get void res and mana on the other parts. Would this shift this build from really strong to okayish levels?