Nova boy 0.8.3

It’s very rare. Out of 10k gambles, you’d likely get 3…

I didn’t keep count, that would have been soul destroying.
Basically I gambled everything apart from a 100k reserve every session I played for about a week. So, yes, it’s very rare. I’d almost began to give up hope, but a few posts moaning about my luck seemed to turn the corner. Golden rule of rng for games, post some moans :smiley:

Got it, consider this me moaning :frowning: I stopped counting how much gold I was spending because it was depressing me.

1 Like

Hi, I am wondering if Ucenui’s sphere would be a good item for this build?

But what I am wondering is if the bonus from having attunement = intelligence, triples the bonus of lightning damage. So would it be 90% per 3 seconds, up tp 360% bonus if you maintain it for 12 seconds? Anyone knows?

It wouldnt change a thing for clearing trash mobs, but against boss it may help a lot, especially if the bonus really scales with the triples effect.

Hey man! The build seems awesome! Im kinda new to the game, may I ask, where can I see the passive trees - skill trees of the build?
You might have said it in any of your replies, but I didnt manage to find it.
Thank you for your time.

That would be in the build planner in the first post.

You are right, the skills werent selected, so I misunderstood having in mind other builds in the forum.

Man that amulet … any pointers on how to best acquire or just stick with farming unique nodes and highest possible corruption + gambling?

I can’t speak for others but it took me days to get that amulet, and it was from gambling. I had the uniques and the amulets blessings and it didn’t help with drops for me, all I got were the common unique ammies dropping.

I gambled almost every penny I made for days on end, every session. In the end, after making 2 jokey moaning posts about my luck it gambled for me. So, I would suggest making a couple of jokey moany posts about it, sacrificing a few goats, and praying to the rain gods. It’s a tough nut to crack, but once you get it, it’s fantastic not having to worry about crafting one resistance any more, plus the mana :smiley:

In that case, consider this me pis$ing and moaning about it not dropping.

2 Likes

Giving this build a go! Would anyone happen to have an importable loot filter I could use?

EDIT: Found one I managed to overlook in the comments, though wouldn’t say no if someone had a different one just for comparison’s sake!

Patch notes are up and we got hit with bug fixes. Build is still alive but we do lose around 50% nova damage + lightning blast damage. Will update the build to reflect the changes to gearing when patch is live / lastepoctools are updated

1 Like

sorry about the probably dumb question, but im new to the calculations, is it correct, you have only 64% critical chance on the stats? or there is something not accounted into that? and if there is, could you explain? because on the video is kinda 95% crit chance

The video is with 83% crit and the chest piece has Increased Spell Crit (Doubled If You Have Over 300 Max Mana) - Item prefixes - Last Epoch Item Database
Instead, of vitality.

I opted to go more defensive route for the planners since people were saying it was too glasscannon

oh i see, so if i want, what bases / mods would u recommend for full single target? for helm / chest

@FoE: I saw on ladder that you had used Static Orb instead of Ele Nova for your Arena push. Care to share some info on that? Skill point allocation and pros/cons of using SO instead of E.Nova?

I am using static orb since it’s something new! I am going back to nova boy again once i get “tired” of orb
Pros: Mobility, Good aoe burst, not channeling
Cons: Mana management, must target the explosions to do good damage

In your static orb build, what is the purpose of keeping the three ele nova points on the teleport tree? it seems like they wouldnt be doing much damage and maybe investing in the armor and ele resist nodes for more defense would be more valuable. Is it for applying more shock stacks or something?

Its used for the passive leech but if you are not using prism wraps then those points are pointless. The new chapter 9 monsters are pain in the ass to deal with and armor wouldn’t do anything since the issue is dot damage so every bit of leech counts even if its only 160 regen per second from teleporting

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.