New Year, New Patch, New Mods!

To start 2021 with a :boom:, Patch 0.8.1 will introduce significant itemization changes!

Among these will be new modifiers which raise the current & maximum levels of skills. These modifiers will be available on a range of item rarities.

Here are previews of an upcoming unique and a class-specific piece of rare gear;

Please note these are in the design phase and may be subject to additional balance passes.

28 Likes

Wooty McWooty-face!

How does the +skill work? And what happens when you remove the item?

Wait, Void spells? Who even has Void spells at this point, much less a staff userā€¦

Oh my god please tell me this is for the Runelord. :smiley:

Sentinel/Void Knight.

Hype!

WutFace! excitement raises

1 Like

Holy, oh my, jeeeeā€¦

not sure what to say

1 Like

Absolute hype for that! Iā€™ll be playing the 3.13 season in PoE, but Iā€™ll have some weekend sessions once this goes live!

I would not be pleased either thematically or mechanically using a staff on VK, and I donā€™t think they have enough spells for a global spell effect like this to make sense. We donā€™t have enough Void-using characters or classes at this point, so Iā€™m trying to be optimistic instead of looking at the worst-case scenario.

On a VK caster, a staff is what you use, itā€™ll give you more damage than DWing Forgotten Knight swords.

Edit: Smite, Devouring Orb, Abyssal Echoes would all make good use of that. And Sigils of Hope as a damage skill.

Really curious to see, how those will work, when uneqipping/changing items.

Would be awesome to ā€œsaveā€ spent points, and just disable them while an item is uneqipped.

So you donā€™t need to spend points again when swichting gear around.

1 Like

Nice! The hype is real. Bring the multiplayer soon as you can pleeeeease.

Well VK is the only Void Caster we have currently access too.

We donā€™t know yet if for example Warlock would have access to void spells.

But i think sentinel has more than enough in regard of spells, especially paladin and void knight, even spell caster archtype are not the first thing that coems to your mind, when thinking of those.

But staves are actually really strong for VK, especially when going hybrid spell/melee with abysal echo for example.

Looks great, reminds me of D2.

YES! Diablo 2 styleā€¦ extremely smart Devs! Love It!

1 Like

Really awesome! This adds a lot of excitement to items! Love it already! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yeah. Iā€™ll bet. :smiley: This is going to open a whole can of fun-tasting worms. Yum!

1 Like

This is actually pretty cool, because +2 levels to a skill in LE doesnā€™t just mean 20% more damage, but 2 more points you can spend on the passive tree.

Do we get affix shards for these? If yes, I hope theyā€™re very rare - could make for an expensive item when the AH comes out.

Hoping for more skill points is a stretch, unless they state it somewhere. Probably just increases skill level to 21-22 damage levels without the skill talent levels. Nice to see EHG confirm or deny this.

Skill level inherently do nothing more than giving points. They do not increase damage or any stats.

So this needs to be more skill spec points that are spendable

2 Likes