New Year, New Patch, New Mods!

The affixes grant additional points to spend on the skill’s specialization tree.

The number of allocatable points is what a skill’s level refers to. :smiley:

10 Likes

Ahh, gravy I’m always down for more points! Look forward to the patch!

What happens when you unequip the item?

1 Like

YESSSSSSSSS ! I’ve suggested the idea quite some time ago. I AM SO HAPPY THIS GET INTO THE GAME !
This is totally something i wanted to see at least tested. Now the itemization starts to get exciting

big hype, very excite

gonna be really interesting to see what that 1-2 extra points will make possible. i can’t think of examples off the top of my head but i know i’ve encountered a few cases already where just one more point would make something possible that wasn’t before (or at least wasn’t possible without sacrificing something else).

1 Like

So excited for this! :smiling_imp:

Very interesting new affixes just wish we had access to more affix slots :(.

Also shout out to the art team! I love the lovecraftian art design for void item! Gives me Bloodborne vibes. Can’t wait to see more creepy void stuff. Very very cool!

I personally always struggle with the prefixes especially on helmets and body armour, i often time leave them completely blank or just craft a fitting attribute on them.
Because there is only attributes and maybe dodge or armour or hp regen on them, which are all not for every kind of build.

Having the meteor affix being a prefix, makes me really excited, i hope all of those + to skil lX affixes are prefixes.

I was more thinking in the lines of playing hardcore where defensive affixes become extremely more valuable on gear prefixes and suffixes. The more affixes become available with a max 4 slots on gear, it might not really create as much diversity in gearing for hc or ssf hc. It’s clear these new affixes are pretty amazing… but it’s still something to think about. If Monoliths also increase in difficult in the future it really might even put more pressure on defensive attributes. I will be interested how this all plays out in the future.

I can definitely see the struggle for HC especially, but choices is what matters.
And i do not think that you can’t work those new affixes into a hc viable build.
Yes of course you lose some potential defenses, depending on your build. But it will be only helm and body armour and you still have 2 prefixes.

I don’t think it will hit build diversity that much. Some builds might struggle really hard working them into they build (like HP Regen/Armour Build or Armour/Dodge builds).
But dodge for example is easily soft cappable without all affixes where it’s available.

Also don’t forget, you might get +X to a defensive skill, which could be interesting for HC especially.

We only saw the + to X skil laffies now, maybe EHG coems up with even more skill specific affixes? Like +X seconds to Ring Of Shields and stuff similar to this.

I look at this in the context of what we might see with the game adapting over time. With updates in the future I don’t see why the developers wouldn’t be refreshing the pool of affixes every now and then with new additions to make their leagues more inviting. In a couples years after release are we going to have like 300 affixes and still 4 slots? It’s a pretty tough limitation and the harder the content you do or mode, the more limitations to gearing there is going to be. Less affix slots create less opportunities to fix problems and less ways to potentially transform skills to be interesting. For example, already in HC there is so many affixes that have synergy with my build(s) but realistically I don’t want to drop half my defense. I can but I rather not die.

I am also concerned about split mods: the one provided to us is +2 Meteor and increased spell damage. Is this type of split going to be on majority of skills? I am wary of what these will say because of how different the styles of playing certain abilities are. For example, if I wanted to play spell based warpath (scaling void and spell damage) is the affix that is going to be available going to be +2 warpath and increased melee damage? What if I am doing a ignite scaling Rive build, Is this going to be increased melee damage too? What if I am doing a throw scaling Shadow Cascade build with Hurricane of Blades is the going to be increased melee damage?

There is so many ways to play certain builds I interested what the final affixes are going to look like. It’s not a super big deal but depending on the power of these affix it might be a push for players to play a certain way and IDK if I like that. I am curious if the developers thought about this and if there is going to be multiple affixes for certain abilities like detonating arrow (increased elemental damage and also have one for increased poison damage).

1 Like

Can it be more specific, such as: “+1 level to Void spells”.

We agree that the text should be clearer, but we haven’t decided exactly how to change it.

It may remain as-is with an explanation provided in Alt text.

1 Like

Love new mods!

Love to see that adding additional levels to skills is finally in game, however…

Now that chest/helms can have 4 rare/very rare specific affixes to the class that will be very hard to achieve 4 of the type you want, it was already hard to get 2…

This has also now created a MONUMENTUS gap between helm/chest and all other gear slots.

What is being done to lessen this gap and make other gear slots (excluding weapons) more interesting?

I already find on my chars that everything but helm/chest I just transfer from 1 char to the next because there so universal, while this makes it easy and convenient, it also holds no interesting factors that keep a person interest in crafting them. It also lessens any excitement when these gear slots drop.

Hope to see new mods for all gear slots as well, sometime in the future, perhaps sockets will be something that can lessen the gap.

Anyways, Cant wait to play it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! Hyped for this

Smite void knight was one of my first characters and favourite builds of all time. I only gave up on it as I felt it wasn’t viable for high arena because lack of defensive layers (using staff, no block, no dodge etc) but if I had to choose among all the builds I have played, I would love to main this build again for arena. The only thing the VK tree is missing (off the top of my head) is some defensive talents. Perhaps something could be added that had a pre-requisite of positioning/playing well for VK’s that want to go the staff/smite caster route? Such as a stacking damage shield that gains strength/stacks per spellcast landed, but is removed upon being hit once, encouraging a playstyle of not being hit (similar to rogue dodge charge) except instead of dodging, converting some damage taken into void and absorbing void damage (or something along those lines).

That’s the only thing that was missing with smite void knight, some kind of access defense.

Anyway looking forward to these +level affixes to shake up the game. Open up the possibilities!

love it. cant wait to play it, lots of new ideas :slight_smile:

What happens if you remove the item after allocating 21 (or more given that Meteor affix) points?

From Twitter:

"You can unequip the item at any time, however the appropriate number of points will be removed from nodes allocated on the skill’s tree.

(This cannot cause a tree to enter an invalid state by removing points required by other nodes.)"

But which points does it remove? Does it retain a log of which points had been added most recently & just remove those or does it remove any 2 random points (not withstanding that the skill tree still needs to be valid)?