New Player Feedback

Hi there! I started playing Last Epoch like 2 weeks ago and have since been having a great blast. I can usually can be found playing Path of Exile, but Last Epoch has some thing I like that PoE is lacking. So… I’ll be sticking around, both here and on Twitch. :slight_smile:

For background: at the time of this post, I have played about 90 hours of LE.

Here’s a list of suggestions, including both new features as well as changes I’d like to see.

1. Unique Idols are a thing I’m very curious about. Is that something you are thinking about? The regular equipment slots are quite competitive already since rares are so good thanks to the deterministic crafting system (which is fantastic btw).

2. Not all Specializations for skills feel meaningful. Take the Sentinel skill Lunge for example. It’s fantastic mobility, but what you want your movement skill to do is be a utility. Even with the CD reduced by 30% through Tactician, you can only use it once every 2.3 seconds. You will not use the skill for damage, even less so for clearing. A large part of the tree focuses on using it as a damaging skill though, which doesn’t work out well in my opinion.
    The same is true for many other skills unfortunately. I’m sure I can bring up more examples if you’d like me to.

3. Sense of progression - Going through the story the last time took me about 7 hours roughly, which is a good length before progressing into endgame. What’s less good is not knowing what act you are in. You jump between different eras all the time, so it’s very easy to lose track of what Act you are in. A system like in Path of Exile where you open the Map and switch between the different Acts isn’t feasible for this game, but the Quest Journal could provide such information.
    I’d suggest the Quest Journal to contain one line with the Act that the quest belongs to (maybe even the ~level) and information on what Era it lies in. The new player experience is really important and you don’t want to waste time checking 4 different Eras for the correct quest location.

4. Affix Shards - In short: I love the crafting system, but some shards are more useful than others. E.g. I won’t need Strength for my Rogue or Intelligence for my Sentinel. What if we could trade in 3 shards of one kind for 1 random shard of another? That way you don’t feel like you are picking up something useless and potentially acquire something that has value to your character and build.

5. Migrate All - Migrating from Solo to the corresponding parent league right now appears to be very punishing as you lose all your Shards as well as your Stash. Stash Tabs could be added with a “remove only” tag to prevent people from abusing the system to get more tabs than they should be able to get.

6. Lagon - I love the boss fight and I love the concept. The difficulty is perfect imo. Beat this guy and you’re ready for endgame! But if there’s one thing I’d like to see changed for the final release… that’d be his voice. He sounds… dorky at best, cringy at worst. I can’t put a finger on why I feel this way, but he lacks the epicness of what fight is supposed to be - which is you against an ancient deity, trapped in a tiny arena with no where else to go.
    This fight has to be the highlight of the campaign. Make it epic. <3

I’ll make sure to add more as I go. All of the feedback provides is coming from the personal experience of someone who’s still learning the game. :wink:

I want to also thank the devs for making such an amazing game and the community for being so wholesome. I feel truly welcomed by each and everyone, especially on Twitch. Keep on rocking! <3

4 Likes

Welcome! As a long time POE player as well, I’m curious to know what you find in LE that POE doesn’t have :slight_smile:

Hey Jerle. :slight_smile:

I only play SSF (solo self found) in Path of Exile, so I love having deterministic crafting in an ARPG. Harvest provided us with a level of crafting that we never before had the pleasure to have, and so that was one of my favourite leagues to date.

Path of Exile has a bad new player experience thanks to its convoluted mechanics. Sure, its the complexity that I stay for. But if you’re still new, it’s really difficult to take all of that in at once. At this stage, PoE is just overwhelming. I didn’t feel quite the same with LE. Of course, I am looking back at 5k hours in PoE, but this still is a completely new game to master.

Visual clarity also is something that I found out I really like. You have so many effects at the same time in PoE. LE just has a different kind of game pace that is growing on me.

Cannot say more yet, but it’s impressive how good the game already feels in beta!

1 Like

Absolutely!

There was a poll for redesigning skilltrees

The winner was Tornado and thus will be redesigned with help of the community, while the other skills (Lunge included) will also get a redesign just not in cooperation with us, but hidden in the dark dungeons of the EHG headquarters.

@Sarno still wondering when the redesign will start. Did you change your plans regarding this?

Yeah, some of the skill trees are a bit jankie & don’t feel great. You mention using Lunge as utility, by which I assume you mean the Initiative buff, which has a 4s duration, so even with Lunge’s base cooldown you can keep the Initiative buff up easily. Though I’d also like some other buffs on the skill tree, not related to Initiative.

They have implemented something for this, when you hit Esc it says which act you’re in, unfortunately it’s bugged & only shows chapter 1…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.