Monolith Crashes

Another crash on timeline when entering - I feel like it is often on that same timeline Level 75 where you meet lagoon at final boss.

DxDiag.txt (87.8 KB) Player.log (804.0 KB)

So i progressed to Monolith today. Game ran pretty smooth so far but Monolith is unplayable for me. 10 trys 5 crashes

Player-prev.log (50.1 KB)
Player.log (48.9 KB)

And another crash … damn thats really bad endgame. I also made a tickelt via support hub now …

Player.log (30.9 KB)

And again… Player.log (25.2 KB)

same problems for me, every 2-3 monoliths game freezes.

Not sure this will help everyone but atleast it helped me alot. From a crash every 3-4 moniliths to one crash and sometimes no crash at all even when i played for hours.

So i have been able to play alot more without crashes when i set the LastEpoch.exe as real time priority. i just start the game, tab out and start activity manager go to information tab, right click on LastEpoch.exe and set priority to Real Time or High.

Your problem sounds exactly like mine… Random crashes - #36 by greenpowa
After digging down for several months(!) now, my best guess is a combination of an AMD CPU, Unity and unoptimised code…
Guess we’ll have to wait 1-2 years until they set their priorities to bugfixing and optimisations :wink:

Player.log (27.5 KB)

Makes game really not fun. Bad bug :frowning: After gambling a lot for items and then entering the monolith crash … maybe memory issue in LE?

No idea. Just tried it again with a different graphics card (3060 this time). Still crashing out. I’ll give in for now and will be back in a few months just to crash again for sure :slight_smile:
Good luck to you mate!

are u guys tried to run the game with vsync on - > graphic settings?

This is what i have already tried - from October last year to now.
The Vsync option does not change anything.

Yes, I agree V Sync seems to make no difference one way or the other. The freezing seems to occur for me if I make a mouse click immediately after spawning into the monolith, it is usually ok if I give it a few seconds before starting the echo after spawning in.

I only originally posted here because the category said “Technical support”, but it doesnt seem to imply EHG support, more just a kind of community support forum, which isn’t quite the same thing. I must have misunderstood I guess. I think best thing is for me to raise a ticket direct with EHG. I have seen more than one thread with this issue, and unless I have missed it, I havent seen one response from a Dev, so I am guessing posting crash logs here isn’t really going to make much difference. We can all speculate on the cause(s) of this issue, but it really needs an official response I think.

**Edit: I’m still enjoying the game anyway, so I will just plough on and hope this gets resolved at some point before full release

Stay safe
Keys

1 Like

currently has the game so many problems with crashes that it is only almost unbearable for me forum clearly seen in this is the fault here seems less by negate player I hope for a quick solution / update

I uninstalled(!) TeamViewer. If you got TV or Citrix on your PC, try uninstalling it. Then try again…
Might be worth a shot. Worked for me so far…

Why do you think it is related to TV or Citrix?

Google “unity citrix” and you will know why. Unity starts crashing with certain version of Citrix.
And for me it was crashing with the TeamViewer service running in the background.

So I am not thinking that it is related - I know it is (but probably depending on the versions).

The unity devs acknowledged this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2018-2-7f1-windows-standalone-crash-on-first-run-unityplayer-dll-caused-an-access-violation.556585/

Hi guys…

Have you guys attempted the suggestion that others on the Technical Support forum have had success with?

i.e. setting your systems to 1080p, 60fps (framerate limit - not vsync), all graphics to very low?

A lot of people are finding that this resolves the crashing immediately so its worth a try… Obviously with this as a starting base, you can then increase the settings and see at which point it remains stable. The general concensus (even on high end machines) is not to push LE eye-candy and things stay stable…

This is a very old version of both products and unfortunately it doesnt seem to be valid anymore… The Unity / Citrix issue was apparenlty resolved by patches in 2019.
Obviously there is NO HARM in trying this option tho…

Well, they are using what build of Unity? 2018 or 2019? :wink:
My TV was the most recent…

i still have most luck playing without crashes by setting the LastEpoch.exe as High Priority.
And i allready have the fps locked at 60

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.