Monolith Crashes

Gonna keep posting my crash reports in this thread from now on.
Validated steam files.
Uninstall/install graphichs using DDU.
Tried change virtual memory to no effect.
Reduced graphics settings.
Player.log (84.2 KB)

I am still having the same problem, I have reported it and also commented in other threads but no one seems to have an answer. Just lost another 12 echoes this morning :sob: perhaps a penalty on death of 4 echoes is a little high at the moment, especially given this issue too.

It isnā€™t a CTD that I am getting, the game just freezes and I get a ā€œprogram not respondingā€ error message from Windows. It always happens at exactly the same point, when I have just spawned into the Echo

Keys

Crash outside monolith.
Player.log (65.3 KB)

First Monolith run om my second character and the game crashes, unbelivable,.
Player.log (23.4 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (473 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (104.5 KB)

Monolith Echo Ruined Shrine
Player.log (90.4 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (473 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (104.5 KB)

Heyā€¦ saw another guy with a very similar setup to yours also posted about crashingā€¦ He mentioned that he was running an overclock on his system and maxing out all the settings and getting similar crashes to what you are describingā€¦

Changing his settings to low/medium and temporarily disabling the hardware overclocks helpedā€¦ his words were ā€œHelped a lotā€

Maybe something similar will help with your issue?

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/freezing-crashing-constantly/30811

Hey.
Im running my Nvidia 3080 Stock. i have lowered the resolution ingame aswell, i will try with even lower settings aswell.ā€™

@vapourfire I donā€™t have any OCs on CPU or GPU, everything is stock, i have tried the various fixes that other players have suggested, but to no avail.

Just logged in again today, 1st MoF, froze again as soon as I spawned in, another 4 echoes gone. I canā€™t uinderstand why i have never seen a response from a dev or a tech guy, or is this forum just for players to post to each other? I have posted my logs etc a few times before, canā€™t see the point in doing it endlessly.

I am just disappointed that there has been no response from EHG to be honest, I have just stopped playing now because it is just pointless, I canā€™t enter MoF anymore without losing at least 4 echoes a session if not more. Oh well, I tried anyway, I will come back after the official release and see if things have got any better - I am not blaming the game, could well be an issue with my set up, but some response might have been nice, even if it proved to be unhelpful!

Take care

Keys

Take care

Heyā€¦ Sorry that you are having all this hassleā€¦ Honestly, I donā€™t have any answer for you and I cannot speak as to why someone from EHGs hasnt respondedā€¦ You could try contacting them directly via the support hubā€¦

Below is all speculation really.

All I can say is that it really does seem random how certain systems/configs struggle and others dont - without much sense to it. Touch wood, I have never had a single problem with this game and I am running on a 6 year old system (i5-7500/1060/16gb/NVME) that is rapidly becoming a potato when it comes to performance but it plays LE fine for me. I suppose I dont expect very much of it so I tend to very conservative when gaming.

Lets face it, LE isnt complete/released and is filled with issues that require optimisation and fixes. No-one is gonna argue that and the devs WILL have to address the issues properly at some point.

As I see it, (excluding graphics probably handled by different type of staff) it looks like the focus is on game balance/mechanics & multiplayer right now so its likely that the hardcore devs are stretched too thin debugging the more technical issues that, from reading forums posts, are seriously random and finding common denominators is likely pretty difficult - especially if they are not focussed on itā€¦

I see this as a positive thing, as they, from what I have seen, have not indicated that they are pushing heavily into stability and optimisation fixes yetā€¦ Its always just a side note on a content update.

Soā€¦ there is probably hope that they will get to focussing on this some time and quite honestly the hype around multiplayer probably means that they are already working on changes that will affect the kinds of problems you and others are having because - lets face it - multiplayer is gonna nail LE something vicious if they dont fix optimisation/performance/random crashes.

I had monolith crashes a few times. I cant find a anwser or pattern to it. It only happens rare to me. AMD Ryzen CPU, 1080 NVIDIA. I dont know where I can find log-files .

https://support.lastepoch.com/

https://support.lastepoch.com/category/35-useful-files

Another crash, now when just standing idle after finished a echo.
Player.log (32.4 KB)

Another crash on timeline when entering - I feel like it is often on that same timeline Level 75 where you meet lagoon at final boss.

DxDiag.txt (87.8 KB) Player.log (804.0 KB)

So i progressed to Monolith today. Game ran pretty smooth so far but Monolith is unplayable for me. 10 trys 5 crashes

Player-prev.log (50.1 KB)
Player.log (48.9 KB)

And another crash ā€¦ damn thats really bad endgame. I also made a tickelt via support hub now ā€¦

Player.log (30.9 KB)

And againā€¦ Player.log (25.2 KB)

same problems for me, every 2-3 monoliths game freezes.

Not sure this will help everyone but atleast it helped me alot. From a crash every 3-4 moniliths to one crash and sometimes no crash at all even when i played for hours.

So i have been able to play alot more without crashes when i set the LastEpoch.exe as real time priority. i just start the game, tab out and start activity manager go to information tab, right click on LastEpoch.exe and set priority to Real Time or High.

Your problem sounds exactly like mineā€¦ Random crashes - #36 by greenpowa
After digging down for several months(!) now, my best guess is a combination of an AMD CPU, Unity and unoptimised codeā€¦
Guess weā€™ll have to wait 1-2 years until they set their priorities to bugfixing and optimisations :wink:

Player.log (27.5 KB)

Makes game really not fun. Bad bug :frowning: After gambling a lot for items and then entering the monolith crash ā€¦ maybe memory issue in LE?