Freezing/crashing constantly

I’ve been freezing and crashing constantly. The screen just freezes but I can still hear my character move around and attack. This lasts for maybe 15 seconds or longer before the game just crashes.

I also crash in the Rust Lands every time I approach the portal. I can’t get around it or go near it because the game just dies.

le_graphicsmanager.ini (482 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (101.8 KB)
Player.log (46.8 KB)
error.log (82.5 KB)

The only thing I’ve found that helps crashing has been reducing my resolution to near unplayable levels but even that doesn’t really help because I’m still crashing, albeit not as often.

Thanks for any help.

Hey… just chipping in here… Not a developer so I cannot really help beyond some suggestions.

Your system spec should obviously be able to handle everything although you are definitely not holding back on pushing res/settings - LE is still in early stages when it comes to optimisation so you may benefit from a conservative tweak here or there. I know you should be able to max it out, but redlining the mustang is not always a good thing :wink:

You didnt say if you had tried anything other than resolution change, but have you tried to verifiy the game files? Maybe there is a corrupted file causing this issue.

Also, you seem to have the latest graphics driver, but dxdiag is reporting that there is a sound driver that isnt digitally signed - probably nothing but worth checking - I hate messages like that on my systems.

last suggestion… perhaps change some of the graphics settings - maybe there is one particular setting that is causing the issue - e.g. some people better stability with AA off etc…

Hey thank for your reply!

Yeah I toned down my system and set everything to low/medium. Not using a hardcore OC with this game right now and that seems to be helping a lot.

I run the standalone launcher and I think that checks the files right?

No problem…

Probably a good thing… With LE in EA, its still effectivly a “Beta” product (damn fine beta but still beta) so I personally would not trust it to handle a OC system properly - every little problem in the game is likely to be magnified tenfold. The reports that some people posted about maxing out CPUs & GPUs etc, is definitely gonna be a factor when you are already pushing your machine to the edge… The temperamental nature of unoptimsed code is likely to just give up compared to a more complete/patched game so I’d definitely disable OC for now when playing LE.

Not sure how the EHG launcher handles file verification… I was thinking of the steam option.

Here is a link you may not have with one or two more things you could try:

Last Epoch Support (crash specific page)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.