Money and Crafting Ingredients should drop directly into stash

Mate you are missing the point again. Everybody wants to loot, this is why we play loot-based games. If you make the looting process completely insignificant, you are missing from immersion.

I hate to repeat myself but if they add it optionally everybody is going to opt-in since it is faster. Faster is not better. Think about other applications :wink:

dont need to think about it when it already exists in grim dawn. im not missing the point at all.

it is something that will not affect you. why do you even care if people use it? who are you to decide if its better or not?

the loot filter removes the busy work of having to sift through countless trash items. do you see anyone complaining that it makes looting faster? absolutely not. its also optional.

2 Likes

ill leave this last thing ill say here

1 Like

And for the first 5 or 6 years there was no reason in d3 not to pick up Death Breaths but they never got autolooted.

Round and round. Some want it, some don’t. EVERYONE has given their feedback either way. EHG has shown they’ll listen to everyone’s feedback and decide how to implement the feedback but I think this point has belabored long enough so I’ll move on.

I hope they remove loot filter in next patch. Loot is the point, so no point in hiding anything that drops.

The looting process is about gear, and your decision whether its worth picking up or not. Shards, runes and glyphs are not a decision, if you dont take it youre hampering yourself. Whether a lot by not picking rare shards or runes of shattering or a little to none by not picking up common shards. But still a bit. So you have to click that much more. To me its not that it slows down gameplay, its the fact that I have to click on them.

4 Likes

So why are gold/affix shards auto-looted but items aren’t? I would assume the answer would be that items are a more tangible thing that the player needs to concider & equip, but personally, I gamble bases with one or two decent mods on them then craft everything else so affix shards are more “useful” than the vast majority of items. So from my perspective it’s switched round & the affix shards are what I want & items, probably not. Therefore why would affix shards be auto-looted for me? Am I not missing out on some “player experience” by having the valuable thing auto-looted?

1 Like

Please make shards and glyphs auto pick up. IDC if they even go to forge stash. Just auto pick up would be amazing.

They do, you just have to click on one of them.

what you just said isnt auto

1 Like

I read through all replies to this post and have decided to create a summary of what’s been said thus far.

Should an auto-loot feature be present for affix shards?
Many have expressed what they think of as “auto-loot” as the following:

1. 1-click an affix shard and all shards in a radius are picked up
  2. Mob dies and deposits the shards in the players inventory / stored crafting materials area
  3. Loot by running over/near the shards.

There are mixed feelings about each of these.

Those against such a feature have said the following :

1. It destroys the immersion the player feels within the game.
  2. It destroys the immersion the player feels within the game if its even an toggleable option.
  3. It is a part of the game to allow players to learn the game itself, its a core feature of how player crafts new gear. Players should care what affix shards drop, and know which ones did.
  4. It turns the game into a simulation. The players are just bots
  5. People will just use it because its faster, not because they want to use it. Faster is not necessarily better.
  6. Shards are more important than items later in the game. Differences in game mode are also potentially important, such as solo-self found.

Those for such a feature have said the following:

1. There are people with health conditions/disabilities that are affected by the presence of such a feature.
  2. Shards are no different from gold. Gold is auto-looted.
  3. The developers of Grim Dawn have implemented this feature, despite years of saying they wouldn’t. Players were using a popular mod for the feature.

This post is meant only as an aggregate of what has been said (more or less) from both sides of the argument.

3 Likes

I would like to add my opinion on this matter here.

I believe I sit in the camp that we should definitely have the choice of an auto-loot feature. When I say auto-loot, I mean automatic pickup without any extra clicks.

I will address what those have said before that are against such a feature.

1. It destroys the immersion the player feels within the game.

So long as it is a choice (toggleable), then this shouldn’t be much of an issue. Play the game the way you want to, it makes no difference to me.

1. It destroys the immersion the player feels with the game if its even a toggleable option.

This is ableist. There are reasons why companies like Microsoft are trying to make gaming more accessible disabled persons. From a developers viewpoint, not having this option could leave them without that potential part of the market (even if its admittedly small). Additionally, why wouldn’t developers offer an option that could help disabled persons? They deserve to be accommodated, even at the expense of someone else’s immersion because the option is even there to begin with. (EDIT: upon reflection, my initial statement about this being ableist may not be quite correct, but reflects the anger I felt against this argument. My apologies, I have refrained from editing the original text).

From a personal point of view, it breaks my immersion in the game every time I miss something and have to go back to get it. Not because I need it for this build, but because I could need it in the future. I also suffer from relatively minor hand/wrist issues that cause me to quit play games occasionally due to pain. More clicks add up. More clicks equal potential for pain.

1. It is a part of the game to allow players to learn the game itself, its a core feature of how players craft new gear. Players should care what affix shards drop, and know which ones did.

Of all the arguments here, I like this one the best. This is important. But not so important that this feature should be left out entirely. I think this could be worked around by adding a quest to craft a piece of gear, to introduce the system to players.

1. It turns the game into a simulation. The players are just bots.

Honestly, I don’t really see this. There’s more to the game than loot. The gameplay and story should make you feel like you’re not a bot. Affix shards are a means to an end.

1. People will just use it because its faster, not because they want to use it. Faster is not necessarily better.

Doesn’t this just mean that they prefer it then? It doesn’t change the game or the fact that everyone is advocating for it to be optional.

1. Shards are more important than items later in the game. Differences in game mode are also potentially important, such as solo-self found.

I think this argument is kind of pointless. Shards are important, probably more so than gear (to an extent) later in the game. But there is literally a list of them. You can search through it for each individual piece of gear. Additionally, later in the game, you generally have an idea of what you’re looking for, and when you store them they tell you which ones you’ve stored. You could also hover over them in your inventory. That’s a lot of exposure. We could stand to lose them being click to pickup for sake of convenience (optionally), and still get the same information about which one’s we’ve picked up.

Outside my opinions/arguments above, I did think of another, potentially more neutral solution. In Pathfinder Kingmaker, at the end of each zone, they show you a list of all the loot that you missed in the area. I think this could be an interesting solution. You could probably even tie it into the story in one way or another. Its not quite auto-loot. But you could auto-collect all of them from the same screen before moving onto another area. It allows everyone to feel like they were rewarded (and if tied into the story correctly, it might not break peoples sense of immersion).

2 Likes

The choice is not real. Not needing to click has a clear time advantage over clicking and players will be forced to choose auto loot because we all know most players choose the most efficient way to play even if that is not what is enjoyable or immersive to them.

I don’t think that LE is competitive enough for the time spent clicking to pick up gold/shards/etc every few seconds.

There will also be a “clear time advantage” to having fibre to the premises compared to copper due to the speed of light through the fibre to the cabinet/exchange as compared to the wave propagation speed down the copper wire.

That’s because the game is in early release my friend :slight_smile:

Is there any aRPG that’s competitive down to the microsecond?

Try POE and you’ll understand why clicking matters.

1 Like

That’s a good example, what’s the difference between the people who win the various races & those who come second? Is it in the millisecond realm? Also, PoE makes you pick up everything individually which is fundamentally different to clicking once every second or two to pick up all runes/shards within range.

you’re thinking of one specific instance of picking up loot. A hardcore grinder will be grinding monos after monos as efficiently as possible. In one mono how many times would you be clicking? In 100 monos how many times would you be clicking? I am absolutely sure choosing auto-loot will be considered a best practise/advice for new players if this option comes to pass.

1 Like

It still feels like saying that in a loot-based game, the best way to progress is to not pick up any loot…

Exactly! That’s the mantra in POE. Keep your loot filter as tight as possible.

1 Like