Money and Crafting Ingredients should drop directly into stash

Glyphs and Runes become less and less important over time, but are really meaningfull at the start. On normal character with shared stash, they will have very little importances, especially if it’s not your first char.

But on solo chars they still are very exciting things early on.

While they re not as important as gear, they still have enough importance, that i want to know what i just dropped. When stuff is automatically collected and i don’t pay attention 100% of the time you can easily miss if certain things drop.

Also the “mindless drone task” analogy just stays more true IF stuff is autocollected.
Even in the current implementation looting crafting shards, glyphs and runes from the ground is very far away from being tedious IMO.

With an auto-collect feature it pretty much becomes something that is totally forgettable and will have absolutely no impact on you, neither positive nor negative.

1 Like

Fine. Atleast then let us have shards being picked up upon walking on them instead of clicking. Also Runes of Shattering will have meaning for the majority of time, especially if youre affix hunting.

1 Like

My opinion is shards should be auto pickup when you walk near them exactly like gold, however there needs to be improvement on shards with loot filter such as minimap icons and general filtering - but theres nothing interesting about having to backtrack because your DoT killed a mob behind you and it dropped a shard - I also play on a controller so I need to drop my control to use the mouse to loot.

So I dont loot much and have a strict filter, this game is designed with full controller support so there needs to be allowances for players on controllers as I dont see them adding a loot button

5 Likes

I think it would be more reasonable for controllers to get something like that.

Just make it optional, as it seems QoL is on devs’ minds. There are so many other QoL features like an anywhere forge and extensive search and comprehensive filters… so add the controversial shard pickups as options please.

If you want it to go to stash, have an option.

If you want it auto-pickup, have an option.

Then there can be no argument about looting experience because everyone can choose for themselves.

IMO it should auto-pickup more than anything else, because they are a pain to stop and pick up especially if you are trying to go through maps quickly. And a literal wrist pain!

9 Likes

I really believe that the way the loot funtion works for the moment is the best I have seen in aRPGs for a long time. I will explain:

-Gold > auto-collect all
-Shards > 1-click to collect all from the ground
-Crafting mats in the inventory > 1-click to store all

Guys we are talking about like less than 1 sec to do anything loot related. I cannot believe that this decreases efficiency in a game that basically you speedrun everything. If you just take a tiny moment to do anything of the above list, you get a minimum immersion and not feel like a vacuum cleaner doing dps…!

I also get to have an option in the settings for this “QoL”. You know that if there is one, at the end everybody is going for it hence, removing this tiny bit of immersion. PoE devs have done a good job to try to resist community pressure over their developing and gaming philosophy and I hope LE devs will do that too. Otherwise, there is always the D3 dev story who completely lost their vision to satisfy every complaining gamer (if they ever had any vision of course…). There are my 50 cents and sorry for the long comment!

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

While i do have big understanding for people with medical conditions wanting to have as few clicks as possible, i do not want such feature, even if it’s optional. Just when such feature is present it already ruins the immersion for me.

With all the stuff i suggested in my previous posts, we already should come closer to a state, that even people with medical conditions can be happier with, without losing too much immersion and loot excitement.

And if people find it “tedious” or annoying to loot, they probably should rethink their choice of genre.

3 Likes

Just 1 sec, for thousands of times.

4 Likes

Nice gatekeeping bro.

3 Likes

You are playing a looting game my friend. This is a really small price to pay for your main goal which is… looting!

1 Like

what? literally in grim dawn, components have an auto loot toggle in the options.

1 Like

completely agree.

1 Like

there is not a single reason anyone “Doesn’t” want to pick up crafting shards. there is no reason that they should not be auto collect like gold.

2 Likes

Yes but after 3 years from release. zantai and the team were against it (didn’t fit their desired play of the game) for a long time and only added it as the life cycle of the game was far into maturity.

1 Like

it was there even before (through modding) they decided to put it in. zentai recognised the importance of Grim Internals QoL upgrades.

1 Like

im not saying force it on people, but anyone arguing that that it shouldnt be an option (something that wont affect them in any way) is arguing just to argue.

You might want to go back and read why they didn’t do it for three years.

1 Like

ZantaiCrate Employee - Designer

Jul '19

V1.1.4.0

[Special Thanks]
The team wishes to express our sincere gratitude to the modding community for not only providing our players with new content to enjoy but also new features and utilities that they otherwise would not have access to.

With today’s update in particular, we wish to thank GlockenGerda for their hard work in creating Grim Internals and inspiring the team to incorporate several quality of life features that have proven to be a staple within the playerbase. We hope that these now baseline features will be a boon to all of our players!

2 Likes

You are utterly missing the point. They only changed it AFTER three years. Those first three years they felt picking up loot was PART of the playing experiences. They said that repeatedly. That was still there philosophy. They added it because the game was at a maturity level, and enough new stuff was added, that they obviously felt it no longer affected their idea of the gameplay.

But for the first three it did.

Last Epoch is so young right now that item picking is still very much a part of the game. Turning on auto loot for everything right now, given the content we currently have, would speed up the game so much it’d feel like D3 seasons. OKAY 3 DAYS. GOT MY NEW PET. SEE YOU GUYS IN THREE MONTHS WHEN NEXXT SEASON DROPS111!!!

And even in D3 it took forever to get certain items auto looted. Virtually every RPG does this ACROSS THE LIFE CYCLE OF THE GAME. not out of the gate.

1 Like

it is literally the same as if there was no gold auto pick up like in D2. having auto loot as an “Option” for shards/glyphs removes pointless busy work. and like i said auto loot was there through mods even before they decided their idea of holding it back was pointless.

Edit: there is no reason to not pick up shards just like there is no reason to not pick up gold.

3 Likes