Mid-Cycle Build Balance Survey

Guys, it’s too late. We cannot bugfix the survey form because everyone on mobile already said not to fix bugs during a cycle by accident.

Checkmate?

1 Like

Nerf/buff/balance should be always on time!
Let the people play what they want. If some build are gonna OP for a long time ppl would attempt to play this OP builds and not others. All builds should have playable and enjoyable.

1 Like

Problem is if they nerf ward then all the farming the casual players are then *****

i can barely even survive without ward on my werebear even with max resists 3.9k Armour and 3.5k HP

but in ward i get 10% less dps but i can survive level 100-150 monos

and to be honest it took me 24 runs (of the boss remember so 24 x 15-20 echoes over and over) to get my Ward food items and i would hate to see it lost for the sake of EHG not doing there own research into the "mechanic " they created i mean this game was EA for years… and alot of items were still about for some time before 1.0

1: fix were bear skills
2: add decent damage upgrades to other classes
3: fix drop rates and most important

PLEASE fix druid/ idols the humble and small ones are 100% utter rubbish

2 Likes

Curious to see the results as well. If i had to bet, i’d think most want the bugs to be fixed. And will agree to nerf highly overperforming builds, while being more lenient towards the mildly overperforming ones.

In the current state, with 2 classes released with 1.0, it’s only logical it went overboard.

Imo, the “no nerf mid-cycle” rule is great in general, and should be followed. But it shouldn’t exclude the right to bugfix, and to nerf if something is totally broken.

1 Like

I think underperforming skills should be brought up to the so called “over performing” skills that are actually fun to play. In a few cases obviously some of these need to be brought down. All bugs should be fixed regardless.

Lol mine too. I am really too stupid to fill out a survey xD. I can do it again though. I hope only the last one counts^^

I am confident the vast majority do not care about cycles enough to want to delay bug fixes over the leaderboards they aren’t even trying to be on.

A bit of notice before major balance changes is probably ideal though.

• If its a bug, it should be fixed regardless where its at in the league.
  • If something is “overpowered” it should never be nerfed regardless where its at in the league. Instead buff other skills/passives/items to skills from classes that are not being used at all.
  • Corruption should be account wide
  • Waypoints should be account wide
  • Campaign should be account wide
4 Likes

Please make underperforming masteries viable while keeping the rest strong. And please nerf the extremely overperforming masteries such as Warlock and Falconer. Make Corruption account wide and add a campaign skip please.

1 Like

kinda weird Survey tbh…

1 Like

Hmm…

During a Cycle, you would like us to fix bugs that cause skills or items to highly overperform.

This likely won’t have any controversy. The super majority of people want this. I would additionally like to point out that bugs impacting skills shouldn’t be seen as linked to performance unless you are intending to keep those bugs as permanent mechanics.

During a Cycle, you would like us to fix bugs that cause skills or items to mildly overperform.

Another one that I think will be overwhelmingly one-sided in favor of “Yes please.” Bugs are different from imbalanced skills. Unless the bug is seen in a way that could be beneficial to the game, I see zero reason of keeping it or delaying the fix. Most people will agree that balance shouldn’t be affected by bugs.

During a Cycle, you would like us to nerf skills or items that are highly overperforming, even if it is not caused by a bug.

You’ll likely also see the majority (not super majority), agreeing with NOT nerfing skills midcycle if they were OP or overtuned. If a skill is just overtuned or overpowered, keep it for the season and fix it for next season. When people look at leaderboards for 1.0 and 1.1 and 1.2 people will see “Oh yeah, that was the patch that X class was pretty OP”.

During a Cycle, you would like us to nerf skills or items that are mildly overperforming, even if it is not caused by a bug.

Most people will agree that skills which are strong shouldn’t be nerfed mid-cycle. In fact, I would even go further to suggest that “mildly overperforming” or “strong” shouldn’t be nerfed at all!

During a Cycle, a full reset to Leaderboards should be done when builds or items are nerfed that are highly overperforming as a result of a bug fix or balance change.

Now we are getting into the controversial ones.

Leaderboard resets or partial leaderboard resets should only occur EARLY in the season IMHO. If you are in the 2nd half or near the end of the season when you realize that a class is overperforming, there shouldn’t be a leaderboard change IMHO.

During a Cycle, I want to be notified via public forum posts in advance when a bug fix or balance change will end up nerfing a highly overperforming build.

Again, there needs to be separation of mentality between “bug fix” and “balance changes” and their link to “performance”. I feel like this is the primary thing you guys should take away from this survey.

2 Likes

Before using a term like “Overperforming” you should decide an evaluation to do or is useless, something could be overperforming for someone and not for someone else.
Test before the cycle is the way to solve these king of problems :slight_smile:

Your own philosophy was no mid cycle nerfs. Don’t let the vocal minority change your philosophy. After the first cycle, probably month, most of the toxic players will move onto the next ‘new’ game and people that have been following and supporting you for years will still be playing.

The vocal minority will be voting on this survey sadly. Most people that don’t care are enjoying the game and not keeping up to date on forums/discord.

Out of my group of 10, only 1 is even a Warlock Ward Build. Most people do not care. It is an ARPG not COD.

8 Likes

first time. left is agree, right is disagree.
but now, left is disagree, right is agree.
I am confused now.
If you change the order like this, won’t the survey results be mixed up?

1 Like

I did the survey, but I think doing a survey to begin with on this topic is intensely flawed. I like that EHG communicates, listens, and adjusts more than other game devs often do, but I think this is too much listening.

Less than 1% of the players are going to take the survey, and that demographic is heavily skewed towards people who care way more than they should care about “overperforming builds” that in reality do not affect them at all but that they have a dysfunctional level of FOMO about video games. The outcome is really obvious but it’s absolutely not going to be reflective of the majority of people playing the game.

I would hate to see EHG become another game dev that kowtows to permanently online gamers who have lost all possible perspective about the stakes involved in their video games.

8 Likes

First of all, I really appreciate the effort that you guys put on communication. Its a really good direction. I submitted the form, however I also want to add some written feedback on this.

Its pretty simple, there should be a lower threshold between classes/builds, when it comes to defeating content. What I mean is, I don’t mind if my build can only clear corruption level 1700 when other builds can do 2000, its perfectly fine. However, if my build is hard stuck on 500 while other builds are face rolling 2000, that not okay.

Most part of this community already have seen how other developer teams are breaking there game with stupid nerfs and we don’t want that, but please be reasonable. If something is greatly overturned, that’s not healthy for the overall state of the game.

Also, if a build over performs due to an actual bug, that’s more then okay to get it fixed, but please don’t break the build too much. As an example, if my build can clear 2000 corr. with the bug, make sure that the fix doesn’t make it unplayable, and push us back to rock bottom. I understand its a lot of work, but since you guys seem to care so much, I think you can manage.

There are certainly some work around balancing that is for sure, but even with all of its flaws I enjoy this game far greater then d4 or even d3 ever…

4 Likes

I think you guys need to solidify your stance on what baseline you want to balance around. What is your intended farmable corruption? Around 300 corruption? 500? 1500? The current balance does not seem remotely intended compared to what I feel was planned earlier. Unless you’re fine with these power levels, then whatever. Mid-cycle balance changes, for both unintended and intended interactions/numbers, are imo completely acceptable. Personally, very welcomed even.

3 Likes

I mean i only mind bugs which are able to make you do 2000+ corruption. Even if you nerfed them, if it’s too late, damage is already done, economy is inflated, these people are rich and can just buy and switch up their build to the next op meta one.

You need to not hesitate and nerf those builds immediately, people who are gonna be upset are selfish and shortsighted, don’t cater to them.

There’s also another point of separating leaderboards to trade one and SSF one, just like in PoE. Otherwise it’s unfair and makes the ladder pointless.

7 Likes

Fix bugs mid cycle, but also please buff severely underpowered skills. When its underpowered, it isn’t fun. Overpowered stuff can be address following cycle so long as bugs are fixed

I’m definitely proponent of fixing OP builds mid cycle and at least wiping the competitive leaderboards of runs that used them. If they still have their characters they can rerun the content.

They could alleviate this by having fresh leaderboards every two weeks with an archive of older ones. Or just have a pre-patch leaderboard and post patch leaderboard each cycle.

2 Likes