Massive often desync, rubberbanding, skill+animation delays. Game unplayable

I’m having this exact same issue. I will do one echo, then the next one I do it has a brief period of rubber banding and my spells take like 10 seconds to do the animation, but after that it usually settles down. The third echo I do it literally unplayable. The spells either take minutes or don’t cast at all then I die to a random monster crushing my skull in. Hitting “escape” and then click “leave game” and then go back in and do one echo before I have to reset again. I see you have elemental nova as your profile picture. Are you playing a sorcerer by any chance? I am and am using glacier, teleport, focus, and arcane ascendence. I wonder if it’s tied to the mage class perhaps. It’s weird I see nobody talking about this, but yeah I started getting this same issue I think 3 days ago on the 14th. Hope it gets fixed soon as I’m hopelessly addicted right now and it takes me like 4x as long to play with the leave game solution I found.

1 Like

Am a mage. Teleport, ascendence, lightning blast, elemental nova. I do wonder if there is an increase in issues when movement skills like teleport are often used, though it definitely seems like there’s more going on than movement skill issues.

1 Like

Also sorcerer, running into exact same issue. Static, focus, static orb, arcane ascendance, glacier.

2 Likes

I took teleport off of my bar to see if that was the issue. I think it might’ve been better because I got 2 echoes before it got really bad, but it definitely still got bad on the 3rd one.

1 Like

same issue and mostly same build here, when i stop using arcane ascendance the issue is gone

update: i remembered roughly when the issue started ocuring so i experimented a bit with my talents… seems to be that supe conductor is the issue now that i dropped it no rubber banding has occured so far (fingers crossed)

update: unfortunately still rubberbanding but it did delay it a lot

update 3: removing acuity seems to have helped a LOT, my educated guess would be that the server (sometimes?) does not recognize you have shot 4 spells thus thinking your still self-rooted leading to a desynchronized player

update 4: its definately acuity, ever since i dropped it i havent had any rubberbanding for 2hours, superconductor probably worsened the effect because it throws extra spells making it harder to track the 4 spells

LBlast Sorc using TP here as well. Exact same issue. Internet stable, first two are fine, third one falls apart. Hope this one gets support fast!

Just take off the acuity node on arcane ascendence for now.

This is my best-case scenario when trying to play online. I have a similar setup and if I try to play online, I often can’t even load the first screen. The loading screen just spins eternally.

if I DO get in, the desync gets so bad so fast in any kind of play that the monsters disappear and my animations stop playing when I use skills.

Offline works fine.

I been trying to do the boss fight lagon but the desync forces me to relog to play to fix the desync as you can imagine that means the boss resets and I have to run 3 zones back to boss fight. at this point I realize I probably should have take the early access seriously and figure since this is the first major patch for multiplayer/online mode this would happen but still is really irritating to have to constantly run back over and over with using relog to continue playing.
My ping is 20-50ms so pretty sure its not a internet problem I just desync and cannot interact with anything and enemies just get locked into whatever they were doing before the desync. I also have no rubberbanding.

I wish I would just have 100% desync the time that way I would just be forced to play offline but it works enough that I keep trying to play a online character and after 15 hours its starting to wear on me having relog/run back non stop. 2-3 times a hour.

Experiencing all the above, just wanted to add player logs in case it helps.

Player.log (109.8 KB)

Interesting. My friend is having the same issues with the same build. Going to pass this on to him and see if it does anything for him.

it should definately help i’ve had no issues ever since dropping acuity

1 Like

I decided not to play online due to problems. Other games don’t have this problem

Can confirm that him removing Acuity from Arcane Ascendance solved all my friends issues. Something with that node (and the skill in general) seem to break things and desync the player from the server.

That you found this as a source of some of peoples issues should be able to help the devs to pinpoint what the issue is behind the scenes so lets hope they see this.

Ya Im still getting desync online problems even after the patch 0.9g today

Similar issues as described above, also getting progressively worse echo by echo. After echo 2 I usually quit and stop playing.
Sorcerer build speccing fireball + meteor + focus + black hole + flame ward, no movement skills.
Including my logs in the hopes this gets resolved. Can provide more information upon specific request.
Playerlog.zip (1.3 MB)

Thanks for the reports, everyone. There’s definitely something going wrong here, but we haven’t sorted out what it is yet. From initial tests I couldn’t cause desync using Arcane Ascendance with Acuity in moderate intensity combat scenarios, but it has been reported often so I still suspect it’s involved.
Additional reports with details of what skills you’re using are helpful, especially if a certain skill or node seems to result in more desync. It would also be helpful to know if this occurs when playing together with other players, or when playing solo online.

1 Like

My friend who was effected by these issues is running this build: Link
(the skills most used other then Arcane Ascendance by him is teleport and spamming a lot of lightning blasts.

As mentioned above things stopped happening entirely after swapping away from Acuity.
It happened in both solo online play and coop (with me as the only other player) and we tested it both in the campaign and Monoliths.

In the campaign he could play normally but every 4-5 zones or so it would start desyncing him, often quite early in the zone and if he continued playing it would desync/lag him so bad it would take minutes for the portal to even show up and for him to leave the zone. Only fix was to re-log.

In Monoliths he could at most play two echo’s in a row, most of the time only one, before the same thing started happening so whatever it is…its more likely to happen in the Mono system.

So compared to what seem to be happening with teleport where the rubberbanding seem to happen on occasion this almost feels like its something accumulating over time until it just becomes too much for the game.

Kind of feels like it has something to do with:

• Movement skills (like teleport) since they have had some rubberbanding issues
  • Arcane Ascendance locking the character in place

With the high stacking of cast speed + Acuity ending after 4 casts (which is really quick( you go from being locked in place to being allowed to move over and over, followed by teleporting large distances and repeat the cycle. Wouldn’t be surprised if it somehow confuses the game/server/whatever about where the character is etc.

Will gladly supply any additional info if it is needed and I know its a lot of random speculation in there but we have been quite curious as to what might be the cause.

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

This is exactly the build and bug I’m experiencing. It seems like some combination of Teleport and the Arcane Ascendance node that makes it last for a set number of spells just throws the whole game off.

1 Like