Massive often desync, rubberbanding, skill+animation delays. Game unplayable

This is exactly the build and bug I’m experiencing. It seems like some combination of Teleport and the Arcane Ascendance node that makes it last for a set number of spells just throws the whole game off.

1 Like

Think I have seen a handful of people specify that specific build now and a few others mentioning mage (but not mentioning the exact build). As these skills are very good and very common I wouldn’t be surprised if a good number of the people experiencing these issues are playing just variations of the same build or at the very least playstyle.

As I’m neither running arcane ascendancy or teleport (the most often cited potential culprits), I did some testing of my own unrelated to those two, after thinking it might be a queueing issue (with some posts describing similar issues referring to using numlock to autocast).

I managed to do a full timeline without resestting the game, experiencing only limited stuttering/rubberbanding by stopping my autocasting. The issue occurs when I use right click for my fireballs (main DPS) and hold it. By only casting deliberately most of the time (i.e. single clicks), I managed to reduce rubberbanding to occasional (less than once per minute, less than 2 seconds), with some serious hickups (longer than 10 seconds) during the first minute of an echo).

My running theory to explain this, based on the desyncs and extraordinary bandwidth reports in multiple places: autocasting queues up a lot of events that all want to be transmitted to the server, eventually overwhelming the connection continuously by blocking the download rate through egregious uploading (blocking confirmation packets, etc., etc. → basic network stuff).

The only question that leaves is why the queue isn’t reset/scrapped whenever you finish an echo, as that would seem standard programming practice to me. But assuming it isn’t, or somehow fails to be, the compounding queue could easily block out incoming data, leading to the rubberbanding.

Potential solutions I can think of: regular action queue clearing and network queue sanity checks for a more robust networking system, or making autocast impossible by blocking additions to the queue until the cast time of the currently cast (same) spell is finished, thereby limiting action queue length.

Of course, I’m making some serious assumptions about the back-end here, so I could be way off, but I hope it could at least inspire some debugging avenues. Included are once again my player logs.
Player.log (1.3 MB)

1 Like

I run into my desync issue as a fire minion necro build and necro lich build. Also on my bow rogue build.

Like I can play the game it just requires constant relogging ranging from 30 seconds to 15/20minutes apart which is very frustrating but I am hopeful a patch will fix it. Just gonna have to wait.

Still having issues after yesterday’s update. Some skills feel wonky and desync-ey (maul especially). And rampage still sometimes rubber bands massively (like I give it even chances that I’ll just warp back to where I first cast the ability). And Temporal Shift is still sometimes double casting on Julra or whatever her name is. Teleport felt better when I was playing earlier, but… That’s the only improvement I’ve noticed.

The issue was instantly fixed for me when I removed Acuity, but it’s likely that there are one or more other skills or skill effects that cause the same issue. All I can suggest is to do some gameplay while not using one skill at a time to figure out which one is causing it. It might be something else entirely but I think it’s worth trying.

i respecced my mage so its kinda trash build right now stuck between old/new and havent played(this char) much since i ran into the issue.
Altho it wasn’t happening as fast/bad as it happened before theres def. still something wrong.
Besides the rubberbanding i also noticed weird things(gear desynched?) such as slower mana regen and weird damage numbers before this recording while trying to reproduce the issue (meteor only hitting 10k a whole echo while its doing 40-70k in the vid)

Here is a recording I did with acuity on a fresh game start:

you can see it happening a little bit around 2:45 when the legendary drops and then massive when i join the next echo

for good measure i rebooted the game and dropped the acuity talent and there were no issues afterwards as you can see here:

1 Like

I’m having major rubberbanding or just lagging out after I use a movement ksill like teleport or focus. Don’t have the arcane ascedance node nor skill.

My character can still cast spells/damage enemies after I use a movement skill. My model can move, but my character is stuck where I teleported to. I can keep teleporting and it wil update my location, and all my interactions will remain where I teleported to. moving will just move the model, but not my actual character.

Still experiencing huge desync with character using Arcane Ascendency + Acuity. No issues on my 4 other characters in empowered rifts.

Transplant does the same thing causing any build that runs transplant for Acolyte to be a suicide mission in high density Echos.

You Transplant somewhere and if you move too quickly after teleporting, you will rubber band in place for a second or two.

This doesn’t happen when using Reap in Lich form and testing on my Rogue, same thing with the dash.

At least for me it appears that skills that move your character like a dash, don’t rubber band (as often anyway), as those that just change your characters location like teleports do.

I do play online and this happens by myself or with other people.

As far as my network goes im running 1200mbs down and 40mbs up, hardwired.

PC Specs
Windows 10
32GB Ram
RTX3080
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

Hello all, thanks for the continued reports. We’ve found the problem with Arcane Ascendance and will be working on a fix.

We’re also aware of issues with mobility skills like Teleport and Transplant causing desync or rubberbanding, but that still needs further investigation from us. Additional reports about that bug are helpful.

1 Like

What can we provide that helps? I have this issue 100% on teleport, I basically rubber band back every single time I use it.

I’m currently running a shatter build that I got from here:

I don’t even have to be in combat, I can just teleport in the monolith waiting area and I rubber band backwards 100%

So I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but my desync stopped this morning. The only thing I did this morning that was abnormal was I changed my game resolution from 5120x1440 to 1920x1080, I played one map like that and then switched back to 5120x1440, and I haven’t had a desync since.

I don’t know if the servers are just doing better this morning, or if that had anything to do with it. I’ll see if it comes back and experiment more if it does.

The game feels SO much better without the pop back on every movement ability :slight_smile:

Nope, I was incorrect. After about an hour of playing I had the teleport desync come back. Restarting my client got it to go away.

What about druids - this is happening just as bad with charge on Druids (or is that tied into the druid charge skill?)

I’m not familiar with the issue and how it occurs with Werebear’s Rampage, so any information you can provide there will be helpful. Is it similar to Teleport’s issue where upon loading into a new area it will either cause problems every time it’s used in that area, or else work fine for that entire area?

I have a video from last night - sometimes it’s really bad but it only happens on charge (like the game can’t handle the speed).

Example of charge rubberbanding

Basically this shows 2 example of it: the first is the charge not working (lightning bolts should be flying around the bear - I’m using Action RPG’s build: Druid, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.9.0i) - Last Epoch Build Planner

The 2nd example part is more of the same; but (at least to me) the desync was so bad, I was taking damage from mobs back where the charge was initiated; but the game was displaying them in my client (then I died…)

This happens a lot of late - I also had one where I was charging back and forth so much; my character’s animations just died (it would show me walking east to west - even though I was travelling north to south… And then I rubberbanded back to where I was… (but strangely, everything had died from the lightning damage…)

Now, as for when it happens: random throughout the map (both in an echo and in regular areas question; and it’s not always after initially entering the map - it could be 5-10 minutes later; I can make it up to a quest “area” (ie. where the circle shows to go on the map), ‘charge’ 5 times; and 3 of them will work… The other 2 will rubberband me (or for instance, I won’t seem to move - then suddenly I shoot across the map… That one I’m sure is normal lag; BUT it only happens with the charge…

Thanks! I can more more videos if it helps :slight_smile:

if it helps figure this out - it’s definitely not my setup: I have spectrum internet (so 300 down, 25 up) and I’m running an i9, 64gb - wired directly into an Asus Wifi6 router (which is also right next to the modem from spectrum)

And these ‘rubberbands’ only happen with travel skills: ie. Necro’s (skeleton mage teleport) and the bear charge… No other rubberbanding ever happens during normal gameplay - the game is perfectly smooth.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hi Justin - can you let the dev’s know: Close, but not close enough :wink: I played in today’s patch (5/10) and the bear charge is WAY better - but it’s still not 100% (the longer I used it (in a game session; I went through like 4 or 5 echos), the worse it got. (sometimes the charge wouldn’t work - sometimes I would be pointing left; it would shoot me off right…) - things like that.

But it’s like 90% better - I mean the difference made it playable again :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.