Lost connection at character select

Got to level 10. Crashed. Can’t connect to online character. Lost Connection. A week later. Same issue…

I have a difficult time believing this is solely on the player and their setup. I understand why people think it does but it feels too widespread a problem with too many factors to push it off as a misconfiguration of a device/isp/routing issue etc etc.

Over the past week I have managed to get past the character select screen exactly twice. When I did I played the game just fine for about 3 hours then logged off. Immediately I tried to reconnect for science and it was back to the same.

Hi there.

I too do not believe this is entirely the player and their setup, as indicated in my post here:

And here:

However, if the only thing that changes is those factors described by the other player, then those are clearly contributing factors. Further, as I originally stated, some of those factors are entirely outside EHG control.

Whoever is ultimately responsible for the issue (and it may well be shared), it would help everyone if those could be accurately documented in detail so that the issues can be diagnosed and addressed in some way as quickly as possible.

After trying port forwarding with no luck. I tried a VPN and it let me past character select. Able to play but VPN required to do so.

Alright so I am back where I normally play and after a week of the game running perfect on other internet connections I am back to not being able to connect without a VPN and the whole Lost Connection Error with LE52, and LE51 occasionally.

So there is nothing wrong with my computer. The game for some reason rejects certain ISP’s. This is the only game I have issues with. This has gone on for weeks.

1 Like

Just wanted to stop by and say I hope everyone is doing good. Know that you are thought of, missed, and loved. I joined a mental health support group over this issue. I think everyone else should do the same as it seems this issue is going to around for awhile.

Sometimes I wake up from nightmares where I couldn’t stop rubber-banding. Other dreams I just can’t log-in at all. I just want it all to stop.

Bump
Another patch and still no change. Just wanted to drop by and communally mourn. Hope everyone out there is being positive and keeping themselves busy with other things.

This issue has only become worse since last 0.9.1 update.
I’m at the point where the game is now unplayable due to constant dc.
And while I’m dc-ed (message on screen stating this) I can still press enter and chat with the community?! So which dc?!
Seems this topic is not included in current known issues.
What is going on EHG? Can we get a response please?!

I have not been able to play much Online yet. Constant disconnects. Since April.

I am guessing none of us can play still lol?

I have noticed something overtime, and every time there is a patch I can log in normal with no VPN the first time. Every attempt afterward just result int he Lost Connection error after selecting my character to enter the world. I refuse to use a vpn anymore to attempt to play.

This suggests you could have a DNS caching issue causing problems on your end. It’s worth looking in to…

1 Like

Holy sh@!! This worked:

How to Flush and Clear Your Windows DNS Cache

1. Press and hold the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type ipconfig /flushdns into the text field, and click OK .
  3. Check to see if your problem has been resolved.

I just logged in no VPN.

So I have to flush my DNS everytime and I can log in fine. I can alt tab and even do it. Mildly annoying, but this fixes the game for me. I have done it enough times that this is most certainly the issue for me and many others with the same exact log in issues.

That’s definitely a bit annoying but glad it worked.

There are a few things which can impact how long the cache stores records for:

• Windows settings (unfortunately can only be edited in the registry)
  • router settings (if it has a DNS server or overrides ISP settings)
  • your ISPs DNS servers (which tend to be what your router uses by default)

Good luck with any investigation should you choose to!

1 Like

I had given up months ago when this problem started with online play, since I’m not interested in playing offline or using a VPN, when I looked at the forums and saw that this workaround helped you I updated the game to try it myself, but unfortunately nothing changed for me, still the same problem since 4 months ago with 0.9/online release, can only play the game offline and online only works with a VPN, I’ve tried all the workarounds posted on similar problems on the forums and nothing works, and to add more context I play a LOT of online games and never had problems connecting to any of them, kinda sad as I was really looking forward to playing LE, but its just too frustrating and the fact that it isnt even a “known issue” or something that theyre working on just kills it for me, this whole pretending the issue doesnt exist is really unfortunate.

Player.log (85.6 KB)
Same issue. Got the game a few weeks ago and have never been able to play online. Always get “You lost connection to the game server” after trying to connect from the character screen. I don’t care much about playing online so I’ve been playing offline, but it’s still a problem that should be fixed.

Hello, did some of you already solved this Lost connection issue?

Nope, in fact now the game just crashes whenever I try to play online. Seems like a step backwards.

same dude. They are not prioritizing this issue to be fix because only few of us experiencing it I think. Assumption because this issue is not even mention on there What We’re Working On in Beta 0.9.2b Patch Notes - Patch Notes - Last Epoch Forums

haha very disappointed

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.