Loot Filters in Last Epoch

Thank you so much for the loot filter. It is going to change the way we play the game a lot.

how come is complaining asking for a game feature or change during early access?

I saw this post of you after i wrote mine and you made a pretty good point with customer needs that i can agree with from the developers perspective! You are probably also right, already being in september, that fixing and balancing MP/Rogue/Trade until december would be almost impossible in that short period. It’s hard to tell without being a dev or having experiences in game developement, definitly not an easy job to make every player happy.

Yeah, if they were still releasing in December, they’d need to add 3-4 big things in each patch - multiplayer, trade, a new class with 3 masteries, 3 new end game systems (Epoch’s Call, Gates of Memoriam, Eternity Caches & WTF Lost Memories are), dual wielding (with all the attendant animations & fixing whatever DW breaks), chapter 9, game optimisation, Runemaster/Warlock, Legendary items (& all the coding for the presumably new & funky affixes) and skill dps. In 4 months. Each of those things will probably need a (big) patch or two to get settled down. But yeah, updating the stash & loot filter totally pushed all of that back.

2 Likes

Confirmed in this thread:
Rule order YES
Import export filters YES
Name/description to filter YES
Duplicate filter YES
Sweet UI for the filter YES
Filter by Arena Keys YES
Filter by Rarity YES
Filter by class that can equip YES
Filter by affix YES
Filter by implicit values Unconfirmed
Filter by affix tier YES
Filter by item level YES
Filter by specific affix of a specific tier Unconfirmed
Filter by weapon type(2h swords) YES
Filter by base item type Unconfirmed
Filter by exact unique Unconfirmed

Number of individual factors each rule can check Unconfirmed
Number of rules the filter can handle Unconfirmed(but likely a large number)
toggle filter off on via key press Unconfirmed

1 Like

This is not “only” a loot filter, but that is THE Loot Filter. Great News.

This looks deep, while still easy to pick up/easy to learn.

Four Words: Easy, deep, customizable, awesome

2 Likes

Agreed. As we got out of Spring and MP wasn’t available in some capacity I knew release would be delayed. As I said in the Road to 1.0 thread, first impression is too valuable in today’s marketplace and they can’t haphazardly release the game with important features not being in the oven. The sheer amount of iteration needed on the systems you just mentioned is going to take months to make sure they’re nailed down. God you just bringing up dual wield made me chuckle thanks to the hilarious problems it can bring.

Being able to filter out whites and low level drops is worth it alone. Being able to target specific affixes like “increased physical damage and bleed” makes it awesome! Thanks Devs!

Yes mate I think it probably has. They set out a Forecast and as you can see the loot filter was in phase 4. We knew one was coming but an overall lack of patience has caused them to move it forward which would surely mean they had to pause work on earlier forecast things. To me this has meant that other additions to the game will be have been pushed further away. They came up with a plan and it feels like we have forced them to change it.

This is spot on and I really think we should all remember that this game is early access and stop expecting to be able to play it full time like a finished product. I wonder how long before the next “add X to the game now or I will quit!” thread will take to appear?

3 Likes

Yeah, but they gave us chapter 8 & the updated monolith which were from phgases 3 & 4 without anyone whinging about it.

1 Like

Which was their decision not ours. Also they are main parts of game content, not quality of life stuff that could be left for later.

1 Like

Great job

Looks very nice

6 Likes

pogchamp! This is amazing

Thank goodness!!!

This looks and sounds FANTASTIC. I sincerely hope the masses are patient with this because this is going to introduce a lot of “OMG, I’m not getting any legendary drops, wHYYYYY!!!” Let’s remember it’s a beta, it will need fine-tuning, it will also need learning and understanding how to implement it in the best ways possible.

So was the MoF rework. They have stated already that they aren’t going to be doing them in exactly the listed order.

You also want things that are in phase 3 when phase 2 still has a lot missing.

Everyone has the things they want to see. No individual’s opinion is worth more than another. I think the loot filter was a small thing that was very high in demand among the vast majority of players.

Loot filters are an in game system in aRPG’s just as much as trading and multiplayer now. Multiplayer in aRPGs adds nothing substantive to the game. It just lets you play the same content with another player on the screen. (Although I really hope LE goes a different route with multiplayer. I hope they take some design from MMO’s in that regard.)

1 Like

Loot filter was needed earlier than planned more than anything else. If blue items are useless, then I can filter using my eyes (yellow, purple, orange only). But blues do have value based on their affixes. In a loot based game it’s a rotten feeling to know you’re possibly missing something important. But scanning through each item is a rotten experience. Take it from someone really wanting the rogue class, I’m ok with that being delayed if it meant loot filters came asap. Thank you EHG for getting this done.

5 Likes

That sounds fantastic. Thank you!

The way you’ve quoted feels like you are trying to take what I posted out if context to make me sound bad.

I certainly do not think my opinion is more important than anybody else’s so please don’t try to imply that. I’m just going along for the ride and enjoying the game developing. Everyone has the loot filter soon so I’ll leave it at that.

Can’t wait!!