Loot Filters in Last Epoch

This has been a huge hurdle preventing me from spending many more hours in the game than I already have been. RIP my social life.

YES !! It’s finally there and it looks really good. Already having community aspect implemented, and it looks quite flexible. I can’t wait to test it out and finally really start grinding.

May i suggest something ? One my prefered feature of a grim dawn’s mod is “rainbow” colours. It changes the colours of the displayed affix test in order to facilitate the reading.

For example fire resistances / damage would be red. Lightning light blue etc.

I assume that what we’re getting is the first iteration of the loot filter. Once we’ve got to use it, feedback & requests for additional functionality such as changing colours, font size, new things to be able to filter by will be absolutely good feedback.

I wouldn’t really class that as quality of life mate.

Maybe I’m just getting tired of the moaning lately. It must be hard being a game developer trying to keep everyone happy.

2 Likes

nods sagely
When an Englishman is tired of complaining, he is tired of life…

TBH, that was the only thing I could come up with short of scouring the patch notes when I’m supposed to be working.

Another “nice to have” thing would be to have level requirements on the filters. So after character lvl 10 I don’t want to see bases with a min lvl of 1, but after character lvl 20 I probably don’t want to see bases with a minimum level of 10, etc. This would help filter out the Burning Branches with T7 affixes.

Also, @Sarno, is it possible to hold down a key to show all loot even if it would have been hidden?

i’m with @dobster on this, its a nice to have feature but nothing that is really that important (I accept that other people have other priorities for what they want).

I’m sure it will be useful and lets wait and see what it looks like before making a million different suggestions on nice to have’s.

I know that listening to customers is important etc etc but getting sidetracked by customers isnt always a good thing either.

Yup, which is why I said that here:

yes…and then you came back with two other posts of feature requests to it.

Loudest voice and all that matey :wink:

my point being, its a nice to have but not, in my opinion, a critical feature. It will mostly be of use to those wanting to finalise builds and specific item needs because they’ve already got the basics covered in their stash. Nice to have for sure.

Lets see whats its like when it gets released is the other point. Heck, under stress testing it might not work at all!

1 Like

Muito empolgado com essa atualização, o jogo esta cada vez mais promissor e empolgante grandes expectativas

Propably the dev that created the lootfilter is not the one desinging the Rogue skills. But who knows…

I have to admit that I, too, was of the opinion that all the nice to have things and QoL features could / should wait untill release. And if EHG announced “We will do this untill 1.0” it was absolutely fine for me.

Now I think the character of Early Access has shifted a bit. There are more and more people joining. And while they all (should) have read the terms of EA many people are treating the game as if it has already been released. They play the heck out of it for fun, not only for playtesting and good feedback. And with the delay of the release date EA will last a lot longer as it was planned.

The recently introduced Community Tester Programm is another sign for this. Why should EHG bother to release experimental content and tweak things purely on the community feedback? They do because they dont want to drive off people that don’t like the new content.

I already saw a lot of post like “This sucks, I quit playing LE because of XXX”. Thats unfortunate because the feedback about why people think things are unfun and a healthy discussion about it is most important. People should not quit, but instead discuss their feelings to try to change things into better. But many people dont have this mindset.

To be on the save side EHG has to implement QoL features even if they are not that important. It’s to keep the player base satisfied and carry the LE hype to the release date somewhere in the future.

which is a real shame. In game you see a lot of people expressing wishes and yet when they get recommended to come post about it then never do.

Some of it is probably fear of being “shot down” by fanboys, keyboard warriors (not that i think we have any of those on the forum) and reddit culture.

It sort of links to Sarno’s posts about community and moderation, I’m glad we dont have community moderators (yet). The time will come for those, but with community mod’s you have to be so careful of not changing the culture of a forum because of bias (either conscious or unconscious bias)

1 Like

This bangs. Thanks devs!

I don’t see anybody being bashed down here. Instead I see a lot of people that jump in and help with advices.

1 Like

Some of the threads can be taken that way. based off perspective. But majority you are correct

Don’t post much but this is a game changer.

Thanks Devs for once again listening to the community and accomodating us.

2 Likes

thank god help with less complaining on forums with #lootfilterwhen threads

game company full of GODS

I have to 100% agree with this statement and i hope i dont bring any negativity in here with my opinion.
But i think the reason why 1.0 has been postponed is because many players demanded ‘‘small’’ things that could have waited until the release. I mean, yes, a lootfilter is a nobrainer today in an lootbased arpg game. Stash tabs are absolutely necessary to enjoy the hunt for perfect loot…BUT… i dont think a lootfilter or stash tab is the reason to keep me more excited for continue playing the game. I am really waiting for Rogue, Multiplayer, Trade…big things you know, that are changing the game. I compare it alot to PoE, they also brought in the lootfilter and stash tabs later, and now everyone is happy. ( Even though i hate to pay 20 bucks every league for a stupid league specific stash tab :wink: )
I’m still really happy that they pushed the release date back, i never wanna see a horrible launch like wolcen ever again and i’m happy for every element coming into the game. I can wait, i can play other games in the meantime if im getting bored and i still will continue to support LE!

1 Like

No, I really don’t think that’s the reason for the delay. Given it’s September & they’ve not implemented multiplayer yet, I’m expecting that to be a cluster **** for the first while until they get things fixed (which I’m sure they will because they are good at fixing stuff). Do you think that adding things like the updated stash & loot filter have delayed the release of everything they’ve not yet done? There’s a lot they need to do there! I’m not going to list them out, but there’s an aweful lot there.

I agree, the big things are the ones that bring us back, but they can’t be focussed on just the big things all the time.

2 Likes