Leveling, loot, and alt accounts need to be fixed

It’s not really skippable since you will lose a huge number of passive points and idol slot from quest rewards.

That generally shouldn’t matter as there are significantly more quests that give those rewards than you can “use” before you cap out of the passive points from quests.

As for the other issue, as long as you can port back to where you would pick up an earlier quest you can go back layer and do them.

2 Likes

Actually forget all the other problems. Do people realise we are limited to only 20 online chars in this game? I just hit this limit while moving (i.e. remaking) all my old offline chars to online.

That is a game-killer for me. Last Epoch offers less online chars than there are classes to chose in Grim Dawn.

If you spent the time you took typing on here and instead used it to research the game and how the systems within it work, you would be in a much better place. Saying that you shouldn’t have to use multiple key systems within the game is silly. The more you learn about the game, the more you realize how incredible it is. The last thing you want is for everyone to look at your posts and think that you are rudely-dismissive of any advice, or for them to think oh jeez another lazy player not wanting to use their brain and just wants perfect gear in a week without having to do anything. When you learn how to use the basic systems that the game provides you, you can extremely-efficiently farm very strong gear specific to your character. I have been playing for a few weeks and have had no issues with this. If you got more things specific to your character, you would enable people to fully gear at the highest level in almost no time at all. So your options are really 1) break the game by making it way too easy to find any item, or 2) see less gear by not seeing gear for other classes/builds if you don’t want to (which you can already do by using a loot filter). I would recommend the Youtube video by Dread on how to quickly make a highly-effective loot filter for what you want: How To Make Any Loot Filter For Any Build in Last Epoch 0.9 Multiplayer - YouTube

paragraphs you bastard! paragraphs!!! (I’m being funny, but I’m not joking).

I have been playing for a few weeks and have had no issues with this

With what?

Again, this sort of reply is why I make a general statement, you guys come in here with every suggestion post and say “NO THUR GAME IS GOOD” but that’s not even addressing the topic.

If you got more things specific to your character, you would enable people to fully gear at the highest level in almost no time at all.

Yeesh the dumb replies I get. Nothing about this is “I want to spend less time looking for gear.” It’s all about finding gear for your character OR enabling alts, which I guess a lot of people here are just not at that level where they understand basic game design choices and then what the developers should do about them. Ugh.

Leveling is a problem in Last Epoch
Combined with annoying skill respect system

I gave a response here that seems related Opinion: Levelling alts in Last Epoch is soul crushing - #86 by Reimerh_QArts

I’m at 1,000 corruption. I understand the basic mechanics of the game. You are ignoring the points that people are making and claiming there are no points. If you got more gear or specifically more of the gear you need, it would be WAY too fast (given I’ve collected most of mine in a few weeks of grinding hard). Other than that, you can set up a loot filter. This is my last post on this topic but it’s crazy for you to say that you need gear faster or that you only want to see relevant gear but that you refuse to use in-game systems such as loot filters or crafting. You can’t be a real person…

We aren’t your mommy, and you aren’t getting candy to quiet your temper tantrum.

1 Like

Just commenting on this statement, not the rest of the post.

I’ve seen this specific suggestion quite a few times and I never understood how telling people to use loot filters improves the quality of loot that drops? You’re just seeing less of what’s dropping, not more.

The problem for many is that 99.99% of the loot that drops is completely useless. I filter out all white and blue items an hour into a new character. Yellow stuff gets reduced to only the types of items I’m interested in but even then once you find a semi-decent one and forge it a bit that’s it - be prepared for almost all the yellow loot to be completely worthless apart from deconstructing some of it.

Granted I’m not at 1000 corruption, from what I’ve seen other people playing on high corruption say is that the quality of loot isn’t really that much different from corruption 100 so what is actually the point in pushing it up if you’re now getting 99.98% of junk?

I was thinking about this yesterday and I realised that what’s missing in Last Epoch is the adrenaline rush of seeing an item with some amazing affix drop. Something that makes your character powerful, something that changes the way you play. All we get is increased crit chance, increased cast speed, damage reflected, etc. I’m at the point when I’m not even excited about exalted items dropping because I know they won’t change anything, just increase a stat that’s already pretty good to be slightly better.

That is I think the problem with Last Epoch - there is no proverbial carrot to chase. It’s just +N% to one of the stats. That is what I’m looking forward to in Diablo 4 the most personally - finding that holy grail of an item that makes me go “HOLY S**T!!!”. I’ve not had that moment in Last Epoch yet.

The loot is substantially better at higher corruption than 100. Some loot doesn’t even drop until starting at 200 corruption. Higher corruption levels help you get significantly-higher rarity bonus which helps get good LP levels on gear too, as you get a lot more uniques. The OP wants to be able to farm not only his main but all his alts at the same time in one week total. Without using any of the in-game systems. There are many ways to target farm specific items via picking the right timelines or a certain dungeon. If you are having challenges in figuring out a good way to do this, I’m more than happy to help you out with strategy!

What would you say is “good” corruption? Surely you don’t need to get to 1000 to start getting good drops? My problem with pushing it is that it takes absolute ages. Getting it up 16, 20 or even 40 points at a time is just silly for those who actually want to push the difficulty up.

Just for reference, I think about a week ago I posted to someone saying I had 16 items with 3LP. Now I have 22. You continuously notice improvements in loot quality as you push up higher. There aren’t really any set break-points for that, as in the end it’s rolls (but rarity bonus is a key component to that roll calculation) – I noticed a big step up around 250ish and then around 350ish and it just kinda kept going from there. You also get more gold from higher corruption (my best echo so far paid out 39k from the chest at the end). Around that 350ish level I think is where I started seeing a bunch more unique drops from the rare mobs in the echos.

Edit: I’ve been playing a LOT the last few days, but it took me ~4 days to get to ~1,000 starting at 200. I have another timeline at ~400 so there was a little bit of bonus at the start, but regardless…

I would shoot for ~350-400 but when you get your gear if your are still just crushing it there, keep going until the point you worry you would have to slow down (in terms of the pace you are moving through an echo, not for the shades). It’s okay if you are slowing at times while getting the gear though.

1 Like

Do you do kill the boss multiple times before killing Orobyss or just kill Orobyss whenever there’s a decent node around? I’ve killed one of the bosses 4 times now I think and I can get +44 corruption (which is way too low imo) but I’ve not killed Orobyss yet as I"m afraid I’ll die, which will void all my efforts by not giving me the bonus points.

P.S.
I can’t even imagine how much time it takes to get to 1000! Must be weeks of non-stop grinding.

People have different strategies but there is an element of diminishing returns (I believe the cap is +50 corruption from gaze) – I think the optimal number is something like 3 quest echo boss kills. But that can change if you are pushing vs farming where you risk dying at the shade and losing those stacks of gaze. I just did them as I had the stability for them, but didn’t sweat it, in the latter parts of that effort.

For reference, I have 534 echoes completed in this timeline and just need a small amount more to get across the line (should be one more shade kill). In the echo I’m farming though, I have like 1,100-1,200 echoes completed and it’s ~400 or 450 corruption or something like that.

1 Like

Another way to potentially think about it – your ideal farming level will be one where you don’t have to think about which enemy modifiers you are selecting.

1 Like

I’ve dropped a few legendaries after getting the 2 worst affixes on the 2 lp

1 Like

here is a hint: armor is class specific, weapon bases aren’t

hide: class specific (other four classes)
show: has affix(list affixes you want)
hide normal, magic, rare

then you will see everything that is compatable with your class that has affixes you want

Time spent reading the item. Set to filter to only show things you would concider forging or equipping. Then you will not check every single item that drops because most of them are useless anyways. Why even see it if it is bad?

Also chances are that without a loot filter you would miss one of the really good items, because you either didn’t read it(why bother when you assume it to be as worthless as the rest) or because you read it wrong.

From personal experience I can tell you that it makes levelling a lot smoother.

• show unique/exalted
  • show shatter tier affixes(put above any hide rules)
  • hide class items(other classes)
  • hide item types(ones you aren’t using)
  • show list of idol affixes
  • show list of affixes (put ALL non-idol affixes for the build in here, you can adjust this rules strictness later)
  • hide normal/magic/rare

makes a good starting filter that is easy to modify and is not very strict

remember, if 99% of the loot is garbage, you only want to see the 1% that isn’t

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.