Leveling, loot, and alt accounts need to be fixed

• Loot is a problem in Last Epoch.

Loot table is for every class, every mastery. Meaning your average drop is going to be terrible for the character you are using. How many times has a unique item dropped and your first reaction is “Eh, i’ll check it later, it’s probably garbage anyway.” That’s NOT how loot should feel, especially with a more single-player focused game.

Players should either have the option to pick “Class loot drops” or fix the remaining problems so that having a bad loot drop isn’t so much of an issue.

• Leveling is a problem in Last Epoch.

It is tedious to level in last epoch once you approach levels 70+. You gain not even 1% of the exp you do prior to that because you guys felt the need to stifle the experience you gain and want us keep you repeating the monolith in order to drag, scrape, anad grind that experience. EXP rewards barely give 5% of a bar as well. That’s just not fun. It’s tedious and boring and frankly this design choice is kind of insulting to the players in a sort of “we are forcing you to waste your time” sort of way.

• Alt characters are a problem in Lost Epoch.

I like the story. I do not like playing it every time I make a new mastery for a new character.
I like putting skills into things, I don’t like having to re level skill points after I’m maxed level already.

Please realize that these are HUGE Quality of Life problems in Last Epoch, some I would dare say completely discourage players after they start to hit monoliths and burn out on them because the progress is so slow from just an experience and loot standpoint.

Anyway, hope this helps and hope you address it in the future.

9 Likes

I honestly prefer this to what D3 did with its class focused smart loot - which I assume is/is similar to what you’re asking for. It made loot feel worthless and totally unexciting for the opposite reason - it gives you way too much, way too fast, and you gear up so rapidly that you just end up feeling like every item is garbage anyway.

Are you willing to accept much fewer drops, of much lower average quality/power, to compensate for the more favorable loot pool? If not (and I would be surprised), then advocating for “class loot” is not actually asking for QOL improvements, but to get better gear faster.

Bad faith interpretations and weapons grade hyperbole are not a very strong foundation for complaints.

I think you’re exaggerating significantly.

5 Likes

I have experienced this as well where I find very few relevant items for my spec and class.

3 Likes

I personally never had any serious problems with the loot system in last epoch but I do have some thoughts like getting a unique item with much worse stat compared to the ones I found in lower level or corruption. Or getting duplicates which I hope we could shatter like this thread here.

I do not mind having other class’ or unrelated items dropping for me since I think that’s the point of aRPG, kinda tempting you to make another character using that unique item you found on your main character. It kinda stimulates the brain too, like theory craft a build revolving around that unique item you got, which I also think a good thing to learn more about the game.

Making/enabling class-specific drops might just make the loot unexciting and progression might be too fast eliminating the grind, thus might quickly result getting bored fast. Besides I think Last Epoch has one of the most generous games out there when it comes to loot. I’ve played other games that outright disrespect players time and rewards them with nothing even with days or weeks worth of grinding. Like I said on my previous point, I don’t think it’s a bad thing.

Although I agree that monolith needs some kind of rework, I don’t dislike it but it’s my least favorite part of the game due to how repetitive it is and how slow corruption farming can be. I have 6 online characters and 20+ offline, the monolith quite burned me out, again not because of loot but due to its repetitiveness. Other than that, I think the current loot system is fine.

3 Likes

There already is kind of a smart loot system in place. Regarding class specific items like helmets, body armour and relics, the vast majority of drops match your class.

I’ve seen complaints from people the other way round, as they feel they aren’t able to farm gear for alts properly. I’d say the system is in a good place right now.

Also I’ve seen players complain about how easy it is to reach lvl 100 with a character compared to other games. Therefore it doesn’t really feel like an achievement.

It’s all a matter of your personal preference. So I can’t support your points.

5 Likes

Can’t say I’ve ever seen a legendary drop to be honest.

2 Likes

He meant uniques. It’s a common mistake/typo for people more used to D3 than anything else.

1 Like

Or just use the in game loot filer and only see what matters for your build.

You know you can hide class specific gear right?

1 Like

I cant find any loot…
Why are the loot drops so bad…?
Guys im level 62 and i still have on gear from lvl 19
I just cant seem to find the right weapon for my character

These are all the same things I thought, felt and queried myself when I first played Last Epoch. After playing the game for a little while you will start to understand that you should NOT be trying to loot all your gear and instead use the Forge to upgrade your existing gear while you look for other gear to possibly forge up.

Your gear actually gets level locked when you forge it up and the forge will tell you that you need X level before you can continue. This removes the dependency on finding everything you need on the ground.

I do not personally think that LE should change how we get gear but instead they should work on highlighting to the early player how important the forge is. I recall playing when we could only forge items by visiting a town and to alleviate those issues the devs changed it so you could use the forge any where you want by pushing F.

To reiterate, I think what is actually needed is a small UI tutorial to illustrate how important it is to forge, the current forge quest is diabolical but to my understanding mox said there is a complete rework for Act 1 and Act 2, soo im hoping they can come up with a better way to guide players early on into using the forge as its a huge part of the game, why do you think we are collecting all those shards?

2 Likes

The main thing I don’t like right now that you didn’t mention is that every online character shares the same storage. Meaning if you keep every unique / set drop you see as well as the idols you like for that specific character, you spend 99% of your gold on tabs and still don’t have enough room if you start a second, third, fourth character, etc.

This problem is compounded by the fact that shatter runes are not fully unlimited, meaning how much you can salvage of items you don’t want to keep is limited. So either you sell them at a pittance and miss out on the shards, or you salvage until you can’t anymore and run out of room. Either way, you’re being discouraged from picking up loot you might actually like in a game that is at least 30% about picking up loot.

I’m not sure what the calculus on any of this is I personally am not getting, but I’d prefer to just either have unlimited (or just lots of) tabs on characters, or unlimited shatter runes. Maybe both? I dunno.

1 Like

I think that loot filter being taught is more important, almost all the loot issues of “I am only seeing trash on the ground” are solved by having a strict loot filter

maybe putting the button for it in a far more obvious place(like in the inventory screen) would get more players to actually use the loot filter

1 Like

I do not personally think that LE should change how we get gear but instead they should work on highlighting to the early player how important the forge is. I recall playing when we could only forge items by visiting a town and to alleviate those issues the devs changed it so you could use the forge any where you want by pushing F.

Ugh, no, LE really needs to have a better gear focus or at least fix something around crafting (which is a whole different mess entirely).

The fact that LP invalidates 99% of your gear drops later.
The fact that specific weapon types invalidate 99% of your weapon exalted drops
The fact that a lot of the unique gear is outdated and based on general stats or “safe gear design” that is so neutered it won’t even be viable even with LP 4 drops.

SO much of this game design is alt-focused, but SO much of it is not alt friendly.
That’s my main point. I think the insistent desire for veterans to say stuff like “they just don’t understand, they should use the forge” is ignorant in and of itself. You hurt the game in the long run and these are major reasons why the playerbase is lower than it could be, major issues that don’t even require that much developer focus.

Allow players to skip the story once they complete it.
Allow players to get more EXP from Monolith rewards. Change it from 5% to 20%.

That fixes the loot problem. If those aren’t fix then allow the loot to be focused for your character as an option.

2 Likes

Certain people are complaining but LE is generous to a fault with loot

Yes its you being ignorant sorry, this game gives you so many tools to succeed, not like other games where they want you seemingly to fail

The amount of RNG involved to get the same quality gear in another aRPG namely PoE compared to the gear in LE is so much easier

Just in the last PoE league alone to get one single affix on a Wand I was crafting I had to do about 30 maps to move Betrayal members around etc

I just rolled an Aurelis Paladin Smiter in LE, I started with a 2LP Devotion/1LP Aurelis/Culnivars Claim and no gear at all by the time I got to Empowered at 78 I have 2.5k HP, 6 resists capped, 56% Endurance and about 60% crit avoidance, I also had zero ‘Smite/Vengeance Damage’ idols and needed 4, I now have 6

Got kinda bored and wanted to try Scorpion Beastmaster, I already have a 97 Thorn Totem Shaman so I have some gear ready. Got to about level 75 with 1400 HP, raided my stash and walked away with 2600 HP.

All my gear is loot filtered to show 2 affixes I need on a rare base. I then Chaos Gylph all my bad rolls and I end up with Health% all the time on Armor bases, all my best gear is crafted from gambling Chaos Glyph rolls, sometimes I brick decent gear trying to hit 4affixes I want but I dont care the gear just rains down on you constantly and you never need to ID it, its amazing for someone who actually wants to craft their own gear

2 Likes

I can’t really tell how loot and exp straightend out in the last months as all my offline-chars are unavailable since weeks and my new ssf rogue ist, due to not so much spare time, only level 38 right now.

But i do admit that it feels kind of bland to have around 10-15 bows drop on each level, that all are inferior to the one that i carry around since level 15 or so…

And concerning uniques and sets: i won’t complain about the quantitiy, as i had dropped 12 uniques and 2 set-items up to now - but those uniques often were the same: two boots Mourningfrost, two boots Darkstride, two Tomes of Elements. The set-items were exactly the same two Relics Pebbles Collar,

So, i’d wish for a little more change and a slightly better chance to find something for your class - at least with ssf-characters, this would be preem.

If i spend the gold from my offline account for tabs (and I wiped my complete offline progression 3 times) I would most likely end up with over 1k stash tabs. noone needs that many tabs. When I spend enough gold for 50 tabs it’ll be enough. I don’t hord crap items.

Le is build arround giving you 80% trash loot all over the place untill you are equiped very well. When you have optimised gear you get good items once every blue moon. I had some level 100 chars that never got and item update since lvl 82 that’s fun… not.

I think the guilds will change stuff a bit or at least i hope it because right now it’s a game of “Hopefully I don’t loose that much crafting potetial when I upgrade my… oh well it’s trash now. back to looking for gear.”.

2 Likes

This is a common perspective problem around here. Endgame gear is T20 rares with maybe a unique or set item. Anything more than that is above and beyond what is expected. Fix your perspective and stop thinking that 2/3 LP Legendaries and optimized Exalted gear is the standard. It isn’t.

1 Like

I said it in other threads, modern day ARPGs should not be forcing the player to go through the campaign more than once. It is a turgid waste of time. Especially this campaign which is more boring than most for the following reasons:

1. The enemy density is so low you take forever to level, and it is rather dull fighting so few enemies.
  2. There is no challenge. Only the crappiest build will ever die in campaign.
  3. Due to the extremely punishing (time) cost to respec at earlier levels, the player cant even have much fun during the campaign, experimenting with builds, which would at least make it tolerable.

It is a major problem.

Other ARPGs found a great solution. In both Grim Dawn and Wolcen, there are mechanisms to skip the campaign once you have been through it at least once with one character. Wolcen takes it to the max and lets all characters after the first go straight to a scaled endgame. It is WONDERFUL. This is the future, I think.

Devs need to make the LE campaign more interesting (or challenging) OR let me skip it but give me all the passives and idol slots I’d have earned by doing it.

Making players go through the entire campaign with every char to get all the points is just BAD design and will not help keep players long-term because it becomes such a chore to level new chars. (The very thing ARPGs should always be encouraging players to do).

btw I am only asking for the OPTION to skip the campaign. Those who enjoy repeating it should not be affected. But when you’ve been right through it 30+ times, it is just BAD.

4 Likes

Class drops sucks, may be I want to farm items for my mage with my templar… And we “soon” have targeted drop from trade system, just wait for it.

Leveling is not a problem, you doing something wrong. I am lvl 87 casualy playing with 2 common uniques equipped.

Don’t do the campaign skip. It’s like making another game in this game. Just enjoy your campaign expirience on another build.

BTW, guys, this is not QoL problems. QoL is something like “Damn, changing size of minimap would be great” or “I want gold to autopick”

modern day ARPGs should not be forcing the player to go through the campaign more than once.

Oh, cmon. We all know only one decent “modern” arpg. There is no campaign skip in that game. Just modern ppl want to skip skip skip. Do you even talked/listened to every NPC in LE? Feel the game, it’s role playing game at last, accept your new challenge and go! But all u want is faster easy farm :frowning:

I don’t think a campaign skip is the only ask with these comments. Yes, the campaign is boring after doing it 20+ times, but what is the alternative? Infinite monolith? How is that not equally or more boring?

I think what is implied by these request to skip the story is accelerated leveling.

I actually don’t mind the idea, I just wish people were a bit more honest about what they are asking for. (Maybe they haven’t actually thought it through enough to know exactly what they are wanting.)

Marvel Heroes back in the day had an amazing system for alt leveling. For example, every 10 character levels on your account increased EXP gain by 1%. So if you got a character to level 100, your second character would get 10% increased EXP. It would be an account wide EXP bonus based on the number of character levels on your account. Offline and Online would obviously be separated. As would leagues/seasons for racing purposes.

1 Like