Leveling, loot, and alt accounts need to be fixed

I do wish there was a campaign skip button or the like. I love making alts and I don’t mind the story as it is, but I wouldn’t mind being able to get straight to the grind or having a way to accelerate the early stages.

Loot stuff I find less frustrating.

Loot, as many people have said, you can turn on the filter make it very directed to what you want. That way loot will drop, you just wont see it.

A common misunderstanding in this game, is that we should be picking up lots of items. shards are plentifull without the need to store items.

In fact you are activly wasting your time by collecting everything.
Shard drops, take less space and have a value of around 12 - 15g each per 1 slot.
So long as you dont dump them instantly into your infini mat bag.

Items for the main part are Crafted, you could craft gear for all your alts on one character and dump them in your stash for them to use.

Leveling I reiterate a previous point, just pick up shards pretty much ignore everything else unless its a Unique so you don’t waste time. Theres your gold and item problems sorted.

People activley waste their own time by engaing in activities that arent necessary in this game, if they actually bother to look at how items work and how the forge works.

Repetition and boredom, every arpg current and former requires you to farm the same content over and over and over again.

POE maps, Wolcen pick between 3 options on a map rince repeat, DIablo 3 monolith, diablo 2 classic same 3 bosses infinitly, diabo 2 current 3 bosses or terror zones. Grim dawn honestly farm bosses from memory, nothing special.

The main thing last epic doesn’t have (yet) is seasons/cycles, which will help alleviate the grind of alts, well add flouvor / reason to roll them.

Destruction shards drop like candy. My only conclution is you pick up way too many items. which is counter productive to just grinding and collecting shards.

Reaching the max level should be a feat, if you just get there without a challenge youl more then likely complain that the games too easy.

Youl ask why bother leveling too the max level if i already have all my items before X level or whatever.

As others have said this game is very generous in comparison to other games and this game will never be diablo 3. It’s the only game my mind can fathom that your realy comparing too.

This is not to attempt to invalidate you claims, more to highlight that you could change your perspective on how to play the game, and even maybe get more out of it.

I suspect you’re talking about me. Who told you I’m “he”?
At this point I have just over 30 characters. And yes, I did enjoy it, otherwise I wouldn’t have done it.

Why don’t you stop using that kind of dummy arguments and instead simply speak for yourself? “I don’t like repeating the campaign over and over and therefore I suggest…”. That might even lead to you feeling less of a need to getting personal with people that disagree with you.

2 Likes

Of course. All the time. Everyone does.

But I go back to most of them. Most people do.

Well I have more chars than you and I have loathed the campaign from many many chars ago, but I still did it. It’s a means to an end. But one I despise.

But my point is that assuming people enjoy repeating the campaign just because they have 30 alts is a fallacy. I am not saying you did that, but you insinuated that you enjoyed repeating it otherwise you would not have 30 alts.

3 Likes

Give Grim Dawn a try.

It has one of the longest campaigns in any ARPGs and one of the best. The story is great, the enemy density is good, it is challenging, and you can freely change your build as you do it, so it actually serves its purpose of letting the player discover his build using his own creativity. In short, it is everything that the Last Epoch campaign isn’t.

I have many more GD alts than I do LE alts, and yet I am not remotely bored of the GD campaign. Says it all really.

1 Like

Sure, that fine. My statement was targeted directly towards Godzilla who pretended to know me and my preferences better than I do.

I am not saying you did that, but you insinuated that you enjoyed repeating it otherwise you would not have 30 alts.

That’s not just an insinuation but the way I would have treated that specific case. If I wouldn’t enjoy repeating the campaign I would have stopped creating new characters or even playing the game altogether. I didn’t mean to imply that would be the case for other players as well, though.

Sounds like…

I wanted 30 alts, so I tolerated the campaign

You enjoyed the campaign, so ended up with 30 alts.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Size of the character is too small, ui to small, can’t see a shit and every time I see GD it’s fking rainbow of skills effects, literally. Bright green, red, blue, purple and other. Puke

I feel like those kind of complaints only come from casual players or people who don’t know the game really well or have’nt sunk much time into the game.
I have never had this kind of problem, I use the great loot filter tool and most of the time I am really pleased with the drops, neither are they too frequent nor too scarse.
Maybe just learn to use the loot filter.
As for the leveling complaints, it’s great where it is, it has to take time to push a character beyond the 80 level and even more to max it so that people do not play like a ton of characters and switching every 20 hours of play into the game from a maxed classe to another.
Until 80, I feel like the exp is really going on a great pace, and it’s fine that is slows down after that treshold.

I agree that it can be annoying to play ten times the campaign in a short amount of time but do the dev want people to play so many characters in such a short period I don’t know.

Depends on whether the devs give a damn about people continuing to play their game after purchase. Encouraging alts is the absolute best way to retain players.

I agree with you, they should encourage alts, but not like 30 alts level 90 with let’s say 150 of play, it does not make sense. But a good compromise is always for the better.

Nope, your are totally wrong here. Making another character is your decision only. Devs don’t give a shit how much alts u wanna play and they don’t even think about pushing you to make alts. That’s just your wild imagination only. Wanna know why? No one cares, that’s not important at all. What important is gameplay itself, they doing it and doing good.

And the best way to retain players - make a good interesting fun game.

I find that unless you want that unique anyways, you do not actually use LP uniques.
A high strictness filter results in the loot you do see being insane to the point that few uniques compete.

did you put the “show all exalted” above your generic “hide unused weapon types” rule?
Because you should hide loot you do not want

It is the devs fault for not teaching proper filter Strategy in game, also for making loot filter hidden away so you cannot find it unless you know it is there.

a lot of unique items are levelling items, or are useless outside of their specific build. But things like Exanguinous exist, and most of the cool uniques require farming specific bosses or dungeons/arena. I think there is actually a good variety when it comes to uniques, but there could stand to be some more good generic ones.

1 Like

This is an issue, but some of these arpgs make the optimal farm have some variety in how they work, or have a meta system that makes optimal farm strats need to be varied a little(poe for instance has the atlas passive tree, it also has randomised extra map objectives)

Though LE is one of the games which kinda needs a little more flexibility in optimal farm strat, for one thing dungeons do not give much reward outside of their special bonus and boss uniques(even at max tier), monoliths have no bonus objective and the closest thing to a meta system in monos is curruption which just makes it harder without changing the core gameplay.

I think that he may be comparing it to chronicron, which is an ARPG with such high loot and ultra powerful forging, that it is fundamentally different from everything else in the genre. Endgame for chronicron makes PoE map farming with a headhunter look slow.

I agree with having to replay the campaing is a problem for alt toons.
There´s a lot of classes, builds to try out but having to play thorugh the campaing only for the passive points/idol slots and then rush the monoliths only to unlock empowered as early as possible I don´t see the point.

I would love to see Empowered to be unlocked account wide and then either Idol Slots/Passive Points also be awarded account wise or introduce a system of Idol Shards/Passive Point Shards that could be obtained as loot or salvaging items and then invested on new toons. So after spending enough time playing a toon you would have gathered enough fragments to start a new toon and unlock the passives/idol slots and rinse repeat for following toons.

Then it´s up to the player how they want to level up their toon but they are no longer forced to tick some boxes to get there…

1 Like

That is not true one bit. Most builds use a few uniques and there are exceptions that play with like 6 of them, but the majority of the bis gear is exalted items. LP is so rare, that getting 3-4 LP on all your slots would take tens of thousands of hours.

Bases are important, but they aren’t more important than t6 and t7 affixes. In the end game, you are literally playing with whatever is the best item you have at the moment.

There isn’t a single unique that would be unviable with 4lp. If you get 4lp unique, chances are, it’s better than 99% of the gear dropping. There really are like 2 items, I can think of which would be useless even with 4 LP. Beekeeper gloves and The Slab. Also you are contradicting yourself.

I don’t get how “let not have alts have to replay the whole campaign” could even be a discussion point. Unless you have some specific conditions, nobody likes to do the same exact thing over and over.

The campaign is nothing to write home about, not that it is a big deal, it’s an H&S, the maps are always the same, not dynamically generated. The density is not enough to warrant the “fun” of exploding enemies while exping. The Timelines uses the same maps of the campaign again. There is really no reason to force a player through the same ordeal for each non-first character unless you want to make that a pay-for service, which would be quite ugly.

Even just allowing alts to start from the story when the timelines (non-empowered) are unlocked would be a good compromise. Just implement the enemies scaling which is something I don’t even know why it’s not been implemented as it would be order of magnitude easier than dynamic maps.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying here but it’s somewhat ironic considering the monotony of monoliths at the moment.

I think the leveling process of a new class is important, but I would say that having the ability to skip underpowered monoliths is something I want, the campaign is already super skippable since you can start monoliths at level 25.

I totally agree with you they are monotone but that’s why I said “it’s a compromise”.
At least it will allow to skip a dull main campaign in which you literally steamroll anything but have zero control over your reward (which you somewhat have in the timelines at least)

Didn’t know you could simply start monolith at 25. Does that allow you to go into the empowered as well? Of course you’ll lose some passive points I guess. Mind linking where I can read how to do that :slight_smile: