Legendary Items and Eternity Cache

It was added after my reply :slight_smile: He’s editing the FAQ based on questions here and the stream.

By the way, yes, they asked an interesting question.
With the new mechanics, the current sets are turning into trash (although they were before).
Are there any plans for changes in this direction?

Among other things, quite a few builds do not yet have the appropriate uniques for this type of item equipment.

And if, for example, all unique armors end up existing with “4 Legendary Potential” each, they’ll pretty much all end up being better/stronger than “The Falcon”. :upside_down_face:

It’s time to mothball the old stuff and look for new stuff with Legendary Potential.

What happens if you put a Class-specific affix onto a different class-specific Unique?

Example: a Necromancer-specific affix on Artor’s Legacy (Primalist unique) ?

Okay, I’m concerned with this change.

First of all, I LOVE the idea!
Having stuff to grind for in endgame is amazing, even maybe upgrading uniques can be good (although dangerous for balance reasons)

But being able to put +1/2/3/4 full power affixes on a unique that often carries it’s own weight, is astronomical power creep and it will make balancing uniques super difficult going forward.

I don’t see any way where this can stay in the game long term and I’m a bit worried that we’ll have a “Harvest” moment (controversial powercreep league from PoE) if this gets pulled back after players had too much time to get used to it.

IMO although this is super exciting and fun short term I have major concerns for long term health of itemization if this goes through unchanged.

1 Like

Humming Bee

also remember that not all end game content is in right now. this will probably be a time they can gauge how hard to make other systems depending on how often legendaries are collected before the new systems become relevant to progression.

It’s won’t let you. I’ll add this to the FAQ.

2 Likes

We are seeing a lot of concerns about this. getting a high power unique with 4 exalted affixes on it is almost impossible. While the top end potential is way higher, it’s not realistic to even talk about. We had similar concerns raised about T28 exalteds. I’ve still never seen a real one and don’t expect to any time soon.

5 Likes

It is not just concern about +4 legendaries…
+1/2 is already extremely crazy since most item slots depending on build has 1 or 2 really high value stats/slot.
Being able to get that on any unique of your choice is insanely strong, and removes a lot of interesting itemization choices.

A lot of unique items in LE already holds their own AND have unique affixes available to them.

Reasonably being able to get 1 or 2 rare affixes that is within your control is very very very strong as most builds only has 1 or 2 super high value affixes for each item.

Right now only certain items has stats like “armour shred, shock, frailty, +skills” the list goes on, any stat that has a limited number on slots they can be put on makes gearing and using uniques way more of a “choice”, since you’re always balancing what you’re giving up against what you are getting.

With this system most of these choices will be gone, because we can reasonably fit all of those stats across our item sets even just getting +1 or +2 legendaries.

Yes, everyone talk about the wet dream full 4 Pot Legendary like it’s already a thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

But strong unique with 2 Pot is already really good. And it’s here that we need to gamble if we want 2 specific affixes. It’s a extra layer and i really like the design.

I don’t know what you are worry about. You itemize based on your build not the other way around. So you don’t have many itemization choices to begin with.

But, you don’t have the item right of the bat, you climb and update your item little by little. Legendary is just another layer. For the very Endgame, with -it seems- a very low chance to drop + having a chance the ‘fail’ the merge with the ‘wrong’ affixe.

2 Likes

The chance to “fail” is not high enough since we get the pick the stats and we only have 4 stats.
You can get the stats you want with that kind of odds reasonably easy.

+1 or +2 is waaaay stronger than it sounds at first glance…

Not even talking about the mythical +3/4

Like i said yes +2 is really strong already but it seems the odd to have that on strong unique is really really low. Then, on that really rare unique you have a 1/6 (if my math are right) chance to have what you really want for a 2 Pot.

I’m just saying, most people will probably never achieve that on every slot even just at Pot 2. Yes it’s strong but it’s also very very rare and really rewarding when you get one.

1 Like

I am biased, I’m a super high time investment gamer (#no life)
So my opinions will always lean towards more interesting choices and longer meaningful grinds.
In simple terms I like games more like PoE and less like D3.
This feels like a D3 change to me. (Removing choices/concequences of using uniques and huge powercreep all in one)

I don’t know about D3 but PoE have also a heavy focus on Unique. Not full Unique, but having 3-4 is not uncommon. I also know that they add others layer of itemization but i don’t know the detail but let’s not compare a game with many year of added content with a early access game.

But, having already that much, you need month for your ‘perfect’ gear, years for more casual player. ^^ And by that time, maybe something change and you need to update your ‘perfect’ gear.

And personally, if my endgame gear do not break the game i have a bad taste in my mouth. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I understand what you are saying and there is nothing wrong with having that opinion at all :slight_smile:
I just wanted to voice some of my concerns with the system!
I don’t ever want to give off the impression that I am not super excited for LE or this patch at all though!
I want the game to succeed which is why I try to give the best feedback I can!
I feel like I made my point in the above posts already but just to give you an example of a “choice” I made on my most recent char to illustrate it again.
The last char I played I was running ~300 corruption in HC and due to using some very powerful uniques in other slots I ended up having to plob on “Stormtide” to have any access to shock at all - at a huge cost to surviveability stats - not something you’d normally do in HC.
This is not the best example but the one that was most recently in my mind - I feel like choices like this are interesting!
Now if I had been able to just +1 craft “chance to shock” on my weapon for example I wouldn’t have had to do that.
Before if you couldn’t fit it within your blessings/items/idols it was a very impactful not having access to.
But now stats that are more limited like the ones in my post earlier is not really something you ever have to make a choice to skip anymore.
It loses some depth from the game imo and make uniques super hard to balance.

1 Like

That’s a big mistake.

Set Items are already hardly competitive, with some very few exceptions.

I totally get, that you don’t want to make sets too powerfull
But this will give the death blow to most of them and the very few that will still be used will be even more niche.

I would be ok with making it very hard to get 3 or 4 LP set items (even low lvl ones), but at least 1 or 2 LP should be realistic for them.

5 Likes

Oh don’t worry I don’t want you to say ‘i’m wrong and you are totally right’ especially when we don’t have the insight on them being live yet, only time will give us answer. ^^

Also don’t forget that we will get to have Exalted with 5 affixes (with the sealed mechanic) who will be more ‘accessible’ so more chance to have highter roll for them. You will have the dillema bacause they will tend to be on the ‘safer’ side having more affixe to stack defensive one.

Sounds great only downside is that set items will become worthless after you get legendaries, or will some other system improve those?

1 Like