Legendary Items and Eternity Cache

Wow, builds just got exponentially stronger.

So the endgame is quite D3 like now. Full legendaries everywhere. (i guess itā€™s quite unlikely to happen butā€¦)
I love the design space it opens. I love the way you make one. I love how crafting and low level uniques will feel relevant.

Iā€™m just a bit afraid that once the powercreep is there, it becomes a bit like D3 : you want legendaries everywhere with some nasty combos here and there, and some well chosen affixes.

But i think this will be offset by the work to get just one legendary : it might be crazy, just trying to get the one you wants with 3 or 4 affixes from a well crafted exalted itemā€¦

Iā€™m curious (and i donā€™t know if this is something you can communicate on) but at the end of a season (or whatever their name will be) how many legendaries do you estimate a character would get ?

1 Like

So Legendarys are nothing else than better Uniques?

1 Like

Technically no but thatā€™s because it isnā€™t a problem because you already can. You donā€™t have to match the exact base type, only the slot it goes in. So, you can use any exalted body armor and any unique body armor. They donā€™t need to be the exact same body armor sub type.

3 Likes

Really depends on how much you are playing. If youā€™re playing every day, Iā€™d expect that you would have full Legendaries. If you just play a bit here and there near the start, probably only a couple and you could probably make arguments for straight exalteds or other uniques being better in some cases.

3 Likes

Come and find out :wink:

3 Likes

Does this mean the main purpose of the dungeon is to access the eternity cache? Will other future dungeons add a new spin to the eternity cache system? Are there any plans for eternity caches to be accessed outside of the dungeon environment?

This is going to be insane! Love It :heart:

Almost exactly how I figured the system would play out given some of the hints weā€™ve gotten leading up to the patch. The mention to keep some of our best exalted bases, and Mike mentioning ~12 max affix legendaries, (Omnis(8) + exalted(4) = 12).

This changes the entirety of how I intend on gearing builds, (Iā€™m secretly happy the new Electrify uniques are low level so Iā€™m going to have me some fun this patch) now I have to consider unique flexibility to throw in some slots here and there to see if I can get anything to help some lackluster builds move over the edge.

A little sad that sets canā€™t be used, (was looking forward to juicing up a Shard of the Broken Lance) but I understand.

For the concerns about balance, Iā€™d wager a huge balance pass is awaiting us once weā€™re content complete and the egregious outliners are found with all masteries and skills in their place closer to release.

All in all the gear hunt just got real.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m bummed that halvars will be left out :frowning:

1 Like

What about set items? Can they be transformed into legendaries?

Now this brings things to a whole new level. Hyped as hell :grin::100::star_struck:

Q: How many bee related legendaries are there?

A: Ah, two that I know of ā€“ off the top of my head.
Source: YouTube Link

If heā€™s not trolling and referring to the same Unique twice, does this mean that there will be a second bee-related Unique item coming next week? Bee Keeperā€™s gloves have a good resistance, so itā€™s not a terrible idea to use a Legendary glove based on it. What will the second one be?

Nope, only a unique item+exalted item

1 Like

If this is the case, which base will the result be on? I would assume the unique base, but just want to be sure.

The last questionā€¦

It was added after my reply :slight_smile: Heā€™s editing the FAQ based on questions here and the stream.

By the way, yes, they asked an interesting question.
With the new mechanics, the current sets are turning into trash (although they were before).
Are there any plans for changes in this direction?

Among other things, quite a few builds do not yet have the appropriate uniques for this type of item equipment.

And if, for example, all unique armors end up existing with ā€œ4 Legendary Potentialā€ each, theyā€™ll pretty much all end up being better/stronger than ā€œThe Falconā€. :upside_down_face:

Itā€™s time to mothball the old stuff and look for new stuff with Legendary Potential.

What happens if you put a Class-specific affix onto a different class-specific Unique?

Example: a Necromancer-specific affix on Artorā€™s Legacy (Primalist unique) ?