0.8.4 Set items and legendaries

Anyone concern here of set items?? I do not see myself using any of those or any other item types except for legendaries. Feels like they didn’t have time to think what they are gonna do with them, and all this personally feels very rushed, legendaries are basically unique plus exalted. Its nothing innovative there. I thought there are gonna at least allow crossover between masteries and classes or something more unique, so here u have 2 years of development to basically sum up 2 items together lol

1 Like

I already communicated my disappointment with this in the Dev Blog.

I think this is the first thing that EHG does, where I heavily disagree with.
I think Trasochi, their lead developer already said, that they will buff some individual sets to compensate, but still I think they just should get the same treatmeant as uniques.

Sets are already in a very niche place and just very few even get used on high endgame content (like 200-300+ corruption MoF)

I totally get, that they don’t want to make sets too strong, so I would be ok if finding sets with 3 or 4 LP would be very unliekly, even for lower levle sets.

But 1 or 2 LP set items should be reasonable.

To be fair, set items were in a really bad place anyway. They were in no way actual SETs. They were just green uniques. The set bonuses are pointless and the only time people really used set items were as singles. The set bonuses were never good enough to make you want to equip that subpar set piece just for the bonus.

1 Like

That’s what I just said in both of my posts.

But that people only use them as single items is not true.

Just to make it clear, I fully agree that set items are not in a good and exciting place currently, but there are some that see some limited use. (Which sets are very bad and which are at least good within a specific niche is a entirely different discussion, that could be opened)

Now to come back to the original point of the topic.

With the addition of legendary items, the gap from exalted items and uniques to set items will become even larger.

1 Like

exactly my point and therefor they will be useless

1 Like

They already said they will review sets, in order for us to want to use them. I’m confident.

yea it seams that the community had to tell them that this time, which is nothing like EHG that makes me concerned that this whole thing about legendaries is rushed

I think you’re seeing issues where there are not. They are aware of the sets falling in interest, they have plans to review them. The error on their part is not to have done that before communicating about Legendary items.

what makes u so sure? i think that info has same reliability as mine concern :slight_smile: although i would like to believe u are right

Mike said it during the stream on Friday. You know it, you were attending.

'Cause we’ve had conversations about it.

my point is guys that they didnt mention anything about sets in posts its like they werent thinking so much about it until the stream thats all

Which is fair enough & I can see how one might come to that (erroneous) conclusion.

thank u for the “scrabble” word lol

1 Like

Always. :wink:

I’d rather say that Mike, as a developer, is not totally aware of the plans of designers.

maybe so, I can even agree since snap freeze was mentioned by other dev in 1 or 2 streams ago that is getting vfx overhaul, I have asked Mike what about snap freeze he didnt know anything about it so yea I agree, faith is restored

Ha ha, Snap Freeze! I’d like to build around it, eventually.

me to, love the cold skills in any arpg, just dont like the visuals of it here that is what drown me away from it. Cant wait to see how it looks after Friday :slight_smile:

I have seen very very few sets that make me want to use them.
Set items pretty much suck except for a select few and even those are pretty niche.

I think they’ve left set items in the dust compared to the other items. They take up a lot of slots/potential affixes that end up being better than the set being on.