Legendary Items and Eternity Cache

Very hot news!!!
I am looking forward to play 0.8.4!!

By the way, Can I get LP+ unique that rewarded from quest, such as Gambler’s Fallacy?

No matter how you front this, its powercreep. This is slowly turning into a codling baby game with mindless garunteed crafting success and now this.

Theres nothing creative about dumping more stats on uniques that already have a lot of stats.

I guess creativity has its limits…moving on…

By that logic, adding uniques during alpha was power creep.
And adding Exalted during early beta was power creep.

I mean, seriously, how can something be powercreep when EHG is literally still working on finishing the initial version of the game? You have no idea what new End Game options will even be like yet.

I’m not sure if this is necessarily a good or bad thing… Will see how things continue to evolve. But I do get the impression that itemisation in LE feels very “straightforward”, in that the gears and affix you want for any specific build is easily identifiable and the game becomes a grind towards reaching that perfection. Will try to spend some time with LE in the new patch. And if it reinforces my impression, I think I would be concerned.

1 Like

What if Legendaries were just the next higher level of rare drops, just like exalted and uniques. Just “another item level”. Wouldn’t you expect the game to be designed in a way to account for those items in builds, and therefore make the next level of harder content to go with it?

I distinctly recall players feeling the campaign was too easy (except Majasa… hehe) and normal Monos too. And then Empowered was too hard, or too build-limiting, especially with high corruption. Same for high arena progress.

Personally, I don’t think the game has enough content quite yet, and another level of item power seems to make complete sense to me if EHG is going to fix that content problem by adding another, harder level of content. This may be Dungeons, or it may be something else.

3 Likes

I am not talking about power tiers and power creep. I am simply saying the itemisation and gearing choices in LE feels too straightforward and simple and not enough of a puzzle to figure.

3 Likes

Or even just give them max 2-3 LP since set bonus is kinda an extra mod.

I hope EHG have some other buffs for sets incase that’s not happening. They’re more costly than uniques due to losing life, res, and sometimes even offensive stats in more item slots.

1 Like

I have the same opinion. The legendary item looks great at first glance as a straight upgrade path to the current system. But, I always have the feeling that LE lacks layers in its mechanic.

I don’t know what you are talking about. It would probably take me an hour to explain all the item and crafting mechanics to somebody who is new to LE. Yet it is intuitive and achieves the overarching goal to keep finding loot as well as crafting relevant. It even open ups more potential for trading, because an exalted with good stats might be now a valuable trade item.

I’m really curious what mechanic layers you think are missing. Would you mind pointing them out for me?

With this and the crafting update, I may finally have something to do with the endless stash tabs of items I have collected… hmmmm… now where did I stash that T6/T6 exalted…

Wonder if 0.8.4 will retroactively update existing uniques with a legendary potential… or if we all have to go farm a new Bastion of Honour… arrgghhh…

No, it will not be updated. It’s written in the FAQ above if you want the source. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That feeling when you realized that the last week of grinding turned into a waste of time.

1 Like

I think this is a good way to upgrade good exalts on bad item bases. It’s also giving further use cases with the new crafting changes to craft on perhaps not as desired exalt bases to make some decent gear with the possibility of making any exalt base a build defining gear. Which I really like as it solves two common experiences when playing:

1. Leaving 90% of uniques on the ground

2. Leaving sub-par exalts on the ground.

Based on the drop chance of a 4 potential Ravenous Void and the information in this post, I view this system as a way to bring another dimension to useful low-level uniques and make them end game viable. This system also does bring the ability to augment extremely useful and powerful uniques, but perhaps for higher risk and more modest returns (this is mainly speculation on available information)

Honestly, I think this system brings a refreshing risk vs reward aspect to uniques and exalts. Would I risk a GREAT exalt base that has two desirable t6 affixes and is on a higher level base? Probably not, I’d probably try and seal an affix and make that base as perfect as possible than use it on a 1-2 potential unique. Unless that legendary would be for sure better no matter the result.

As for power creep, will it bring some? Probably, but it will also bring a lot more builds to viability and open up intriguing build options that will be able to push higher end game content.

1 Like

Not gonna rationalize so much since LE is early access and more features might be coming. I believe you are talking about complexity while I am talking about layers of mechanic on top of another. Looking at it in the bigger picture, LE craft are straight upgrade in 1 path.
Collect item/shard in random chance->upgrade tier with some optionality-> rinse and repeat.

The new runes at first glance just add to the optionalities. But I would have to try them out first.

Think more like PoE for layers in the craftong mechanic. PoE is one extreme of too many layers, and LE is near the other extreme

Просто огонь патч! После рандомов в ПоЕ смотрю на эту систему крафта с огромным удовольствием.

After having a night’s sleep and reviewing the post again, I can’t help but feeling a bit let down if I’m honest.

Initially I was very excited for Legendaries the way it was talked about on earlier streams. I think it was compared to WoW legendaries, which are hard to get and only a few people would have them through long and arduous work, but that’s not the case here at all.

It was answered on stream that if you would play a lot, it wouldn’t be impossible to gear most of your character with Legendaries. Which to me sounds somewhat dissapointing but I’ll have to wait and see how rare they exactly are.

And I can’t help but feel dissapointed about them just being Uniques with some affixes slapped on to them. I thought they’d be something crazy like having multiple proc effects or make your bleeds chain explode and spread to enemies etc. But it’s literally just the same old Uniques with the same old affixes…

I knew it was too good to be true when the answer to “how many Legendaries are going to be added?” was “Waaaay more then you think”.

Maybe if it would enhance the Unique even further like Riverbend’s Grasp now throwing three axes instead of one. Or just an entirely new mechanic. It just doesn’t feel or look like something “Legendary”, more like modifiable Uniques.

I’ll have to wait and see how the system all plays out in-game but yeah, this was not what I was expecting at all. Not to mention how little depth it actually adds to the game.

I want the game to succeed just like everyone else, but I’m just getting concerned with some of these additions and changes. Like another poster said, it’s going towards a “cuddly” ARPG with these guaranteed, straight-forward mechanics like the new crafting system and now just affix adding to Uniques.

It all feels a bit to strict and neat without any room for depth/creativity.

2 Likes

I was expecting more tbh… true legendary items make them like “chase items”.They are like reskin uniques, but let’s wait and see how the system will work.Why we need to craft a legendary items i dont’t get it rly

2 Likes

Power creep is real.

But these seem more like empowered uniques than legendaries with powerful effects.

Not only does this cause balance problems(Dreamthorn+Exalted with added void = most OP weapon ever), but it has no impact on what items you would decide to target farm, there are no items that are legendary that are not uniques, because uniques is how you get legendaries.

All it does is make us farm the same unique a few more times to get a better roll.

I would have preferred if legendaries were traditional legendaries - such that it could be a unique with a pre-defined extra stat. Because this will just result in PoE level power creep where those without legendary gear die instantly to random mobs and those with it are unkillable.

1 Like

I’m likely not in the majority here but I’m not a fan of crafting being the only option for great gear. PoE is the obvious example of an ARPG with an overly complex crafting system. It is also not very accessible to casual to mid-tier players.

This system feels like needing to hit multiple lotteries for exceptional items. Well rolled unique, well rolled legendary potential level, well rolled and crafted exalted…. Perhaps an argument can be made for that being a good thing long-term. I suspect what we’ll see are dedicated players with insane legendaries. Either they’ll stomp content or more casual players won’t be able to do the content.

I’m not arguing that sets, uniques and so forth need to have equal power compared to the proposed legendaries but they shouldn’t be an order of magnitude behind.

1 Like

They aren’t rare at all. It is just a classification of item. You can take any slop unique with LP and any crappy exalted item and create a “legendary”. It won’t be worth the slot to equip it, but it is still technically a legendary.

The important part is that the variance in the quality of Legendary items is the biggest variance in items thus far. The high end, 4 affix, Legendaries will be truly legendary. Mashing a useless unique with a useless exalted will still get you a useless item.

This is honestly the first update to the game that has actually made me want to grind items. Bravo for that.

3 Likes