Last Epoch Patch Notes 1.1.5

If a skill is doing extra damage because of a bug and that bug is fixed it’s not a nerf. It’s the fact the skill wasn’t working as intended. You wouldn’t say Shield Rush was buffed in these notes. You’d say that a bug preventing it from dealing the damage it should have has been fixed.

Asking for a buff to shield Bash because it’s not performing well without that bug is a separate issue

1 Like

You are missing the point Earth shock bug was fixed so they buffed ita few 100% to compensate.

If you are going to fix a bug to Shield Bash reducing the damage of an already mid tier ability. Then where is the compensation?

It’s not a separate issue. They go hand and hand as highlighted above. Again fixing Earth shock then buffing it a few 100% to compensate is a good direction for EHG. So if you are going to fix other abilities like Shield Bash then where is that compensation?

Just removing all that extra flat damage feels bad. So would love a buff to adjust it like they been doing for other bug fixes. Make sense right.

You mean Shatterquake? It was buffed by 33% (from intended to be 30% more to 40% more).

Numbers don’t appear to be your strong point, but I’m pretty sure, a 33% incremental ('cause if you can’t cope with numbers, you’re unlikely to be able to cope with “more”) buff isn’t “a few 100%”. But what do I know? I’m only an accountant.

If someone who he’s not blocked could let him know about that, that’d be awesome.

3 Likes

I designed a skill to do 1,000 DPS. Hmmm, it seems to be doing 1,500 DPS, I’m going to look into that… Ah, I see. It was receiving a buff that was supposed to be for a different skill when this specific item is equipped, let me fix that… Aaaaaand done. Now it’s doing 1,000 DPS like I wanted it to.

This what’s known as a “bug fix”. The skill is now working as intended. No compensation is required. See Ballista’s explosion formula being corrected from scaling area to correctly scaling Radius. No “compensation” was given because it was not meant to work that way.

The buffs to Shatter Quake and other skills after the bug fixes were because they were not performing up to what EHG wanted them to. If EHG sees that Shield Bash needs a tune up after this bug fix, it will get a buff. Stop being so entitled.

2 Likes

That’s what he doesn’t seem to understand. It’s almost like he assumes that overperforming stuff is working as intended & that any reduction in any way for any reason is a personal attack that requires litigation amelioration or recompense.

Yes there is.

That is why EHG significantly buffed Earthquake and other abilities to compensate for the massive nerf because of a bug fix.

Except here is the massive compensation below. Sigh…

The reason EHG did this is because fixing the bug gutted the damage of the build making it not fun to play anymore. So to “COMPENSATE” they decided to follow up with massive buffs so that way players that “INVESTED” in those builds didn’t get shafted and quit.

You guys pick stupid hills to die on. Jesus. I’'m convinced a lot of you only argue on the forums and don’t play the game. It’s exhausting my ignore list grows.

• So can we get a buff for people playing Shield Bash to compensate for fixing a bug removing ALL the extra flat damage please and thanks EHG. It would be appreciated. So that way players don’t stop playing Shield bash or decide to not even try it now.

• Suggestions would be to increase the “Indomitable Force” node too 1.5 flat damage per 40 Block effectiveness per point up from 1. Compensating for the flat damage loss from the bug fix.

If there is no compensation then no one should bother playing Shield bash anymore. It’s a dead skill and everyone that is playing it just wasted time investing in the build.

This effectively nuked the area on Ballista’s Armed Construction node, it went from A=πr² where the r was scaling to where the A was scaling. So, let us say that the base area of the explosion is 10 units (A= 10, so r ~ 1.78): if you had 4 points in Armed Construction (+4% per Dexterity) and 100 Dexterity, the Area went from 10 units to A=π(1.78x(1+400%))² = π(8.92)² = π(79.62) = 250 units (a 25x increase in area from 100 dexterity) the formula SHOULD have made the area become 10 x (1 + 400%) = 10 x 5 = 50. If my math is correct, the bug fix literally cut the area of the explosion by 5x. Guess what we didn’t see for Ballista… “Compensation”.

Edit: But please, keep telling us how you know much more than we do. I’m fine with you putting me on your ignore list.

2 Likes

Since 1.0 MP, a Bladedancer I leveled still has the weapon attack speed not applied (two katanas is a more 20% attack speed and greatly affects the setup I went with), I reported the bug again.

Good luck fixing the game. Not touching it until that is fixed, don’t want to play a bugged game. Best of luck.

Why should two katanas give 20% more attack speed? There is no inherent attack speed bonus to dual-wielding, IIRC. PoE grants more attack speed for dual-wielding.

Do you mean the increased attack speed from your gloves, or the increased attack speed from the sealed t1 affix on one of the katanas? Or the increased attack speed form the 5-point-bonus in the bladedancer’s passive tree?

Increased does not equal more.

1 Like

A katana has an attack rate of 1.2, which is 20% more compared to a weapon with an attack rate of 1, but this has always been applied to the % increased attack speed modifier on the character screen.

@Ninakoru dual weilding weapons in LE averages the implicit attack rate but adds all other modifiers. So dwing 2x katanas would have the same effect as just using 1 (assuming there were no other attack speed modifiers on the second weapon or dw-related modifiers).

All games have bugs, good luck not playing any game.

2 Likes

That’s correct, I had DW katanas, so is a 1.2 modifier (it averages but doesn’t matter as is same speed), or a 20% more attack speed, but is not applying, as if the weapons had 1.0 attack speed instead.

Is a proper bug on a core mechanic, like, armor or dodge not working properly. In offline a similar character doesn’t have this problem, also if I export it to lastepochtools the boost due to weapon speed shows properly. And is there since the release of 1.0.

I agree I can live with bugs, but is a ME thing, this bug and some others reported years ago are still not fixed. I can live with some bugs here and there, but not core mechanic bugs.

Not a big deal, I hope someday gets fixed, and of course I wish them the best. I have plenty of games to play in the meantime.

It does appear to be a display bug on the character screen. If I attack with a Katana/Rust Blade/Nagasa Blade they all are able to apply ~20% more stacks of armour shred (in my example since that was from passives/Puncture rather than gear) compared to a Pickaxe (0.98 attack rate).

It is frustrating that the game isn’t showing you the correct figure, but at least it works correctly when you’re attacking.

I hope you’re right, I also expected it was solely a character sheet issue, but having a few core skills depending on the increased attack speed value, how I know they are working properly?

Because damage calculations are too obtuse, range of damage too high and you need to do a clear effort to test anything damage-wise.

Because, like I did, you can minimise the variables & test for it (ailment stacks is an easy way of checking attack speed).

They aren’t, they’re fairly simple.

+/-20% for hit damage & no range for DoTs.

Yes, you need a reasonable number of data points for the average, min & max to settle down. I did physics at uni so this kind of thing isn’t particularly complex.

Yes I hope you’re right and at least the real attack speed is applied properly on attacks, but any skill that does something with increased AS (conversing it into something else) could be using the same data point used to show your attack speed in the character sheet, thus, bugged. Again is all just speculation.

Yep you need to minimize/remove all the conditional damage effects and test with/without and focus on min or max values and record the result in a big enough data set. I did it once, even uploaded a few videos to show off the bugs, those never got fixed.

40% damage range is a LOT. Not sure what you expect, but is nothing consistent and thus you need to test a lot more, if it was ±8%-10-15% that are far more usual in these RNG situations on RPGs, would be much more apparent if you gain/lose damage. That’s why I mean by obtuse (annoying), not necessarily complex…

1 Like

Yes, that is entirely possible/likely.

That depends. PoE’s damage range can be much higher, especially for lightning damage. But the higher the range the more data points you need to make sure the min, max & average are stable. For example, Blade Blast (the first spell that came to hand) has a damage range of 309-464, which is 50%.

Or you can make your life easier. Your calculation goal is important.

For example, if you only want to verify that your damage bonuses are working, then calculating the minimum from your damage range and checking if your attacks are above said minimum is enough.

Not sure where this info about the build performing poorly is coming from. The build can clear 1000 corruption afaik. Really hope it’s not just taking one of the commenters above seriously.

No, it wouldn’t.

A perfect Shield Bash spec can reach 800+ base damage on the skill, so you lose around 10% base damage from the bugfix.

After 1.1.5 bugfix, Shield Bash is still incomparably stronger than 1.0 Shield Bash which had no damage scaling and no % more multipliers.

2 Likes

Fixed for totems, still not fixed for summoned vines. Guys, come on

1 Like

Tested a bit further. On top of vines still sometimes ignoring freshly spawned enemies and enemies, that just entered their range, both vines and all totems do not attack, if they are being teleported some distance away. Even hives. Every single static minion shares problems.

1. Equip experimental “minions teleported” boots
  2. Spam some totems or vines
  3. Leap slam a screen away
  4. Watch and cry, since your minions are doing nothing.
    This can be done on arena dummies.

As expected, upheaval totems also don’t target freshly spawned arena enemies.
Surprisingly, tempest totems do.
Couldn’t test claw totems.
Thorn and storm totems do.

This is a complete mess. The bag with minion targeting was introduced in 0.7 (it worked properly before), which had released back in 2019(!), was reported countless times by me and other community members, had at least 2 false “bug is fixed” announcements. This level of testing is also beyond me.
Maybe, the time has come to fix the issue (which is static minions targeting) instead of sticking leaky band aids all over the place?

2 Likes