Last Epoch: Harbingers of Ruin Patch Notes

Yes, I know. The debate isn’t about the defintions of Dodge and Evade. It was about saying Dodge isn’t ‘move’ related so there’s no reason to have Dodge affixes on Boots, which is the change they made. @Travoas and I are arguing it is ‘move’ related and your feet are an inherent part of ‘avoiding taking hits’ so it’d be nice to have Dodge be able to roll on boots.

I am so so dissapointed to see no changes to fire tornado. I tried few months a go a fire dot swarmblade, a ignite swarmblade but there wasnt enough sources of ignite to stack it fast enough and also tornado damage sucked so hard that no matter what my higher cr was 350 iirc. Couldnt even got to 500 that was my goal.

1 Like

Depends on your definition of “move.” You don’t need shoes/boots to dodge a punch. You just “move” your head or torso out of the way of the punch. As far as ingame, movement isn’t needed to dodge an ability either. With enough dodge you can theoretically just stand there and avoid attacks all day. Context matters when dealing with semantics.

Welp guess I need to find a surgeon to get Umbral Blades guts put back in.

What i was trying to get at with dodge is ur character doesnt even move out of the way. Like it does with dash lunge ect

Yes dodge is basically the same thing as evade. Difference is with dodge ur not moving at all where as evade lunge teleport shield rush dash ect ur character is actually moving.

Dodge to me in LE is more inline with chance to get hit in D1 and d2 if ur armor or whatever it was wasnt high enough.

Perhaps this should be changed to something like that. To avoid confusion

2 Likes

Well, I finally have gotten through ALL the notes and they have this new affix. So Dodge rating on Boots wasn’t completely nixed. When it’s on boots it’s tied to Evade. That’s actually kinda cool.

2 Likes

Osprix Lightmage

• Holy Meteor attack range reduced from 30 to 12

Lowkey best change in the patch, no longer will we get sniped by offscreen meteors!

6 Likes

I 2000% agree. I hate them feathered f*cks.

People seriously quit because of it took a “little time” to reach max level? :rofl:

It’s meant to take time reaching those end levels! Like in D2 trying to hit 99. That was the fun part.
it’s not like a build is unusable cause you need 2-4 skill points.

So relax and enjoy the game as it’s meant to be

4 Likes

These were the good days, my friend, good indeed.

I counted maybe 3 minor buffs

I stopped reading the patch notes because it was just garbage increases/decreases done by an algorithm there was no meaningful tested changes and i just went to bed at this point

Reading certain skills just got me frustrated. Nerfed Serpent Strike but ‘buffed its base damage’ who the hell cares its complete shit. half the tree is worthless. Delete the snake passive

Manifest Armor got a potential buff with its Whirlwind, everything else got a 12-20% nerf. its like they just went to their skills: *0.8 = new result

they changed a few staples everyone is used to and gave nothing back. Porcine Constiution…lol

Also the nerfing of ward

you know its bad when the only build looking worth trying is Shield Bash

Also controller is going to be completely unplayable with this new dodge roll. if anyone doesnt know you CANNOT change buttons on a contoller, so i have no idea where this is going to fit, we are probably just going to lose a skill slot on a controller now and gain a mini dodge which is mandatory

1 Like

Does channeling fireball still disable mana regen? If so, was this just an oversight, or is there a reason fireball was left out of these changes?

Pretty funny watching all the Mages/Acos just mald at the nerfs to alot of their stuff. They all acting so shocked that the two BEST CLASSES IN THE GAME received nerfs LOL

Actually hilarious how delusional gamers are “WHY NERF IT BRO, IM ONLY CLEARING EVERY PIECE OF CONTENT IN THE GAME FASTER THEN EVERY OTHER CLASS WHY NERF” - Wizard players in every game thats ever existed.

1 Like

If you ran a certain build yes. I never ran cheese. My Acolyte was a mix of poison aura, hellfire shade, rift (poison?) and profane veil (necrotic), for stacking multiple sources of damage over time.

It was able to clear 240 corruption on offline, with just exalted gear in all slots. And tier 3 sealed affix in each slot.

I agree thou, cheese builds should be nerfed

Nerfs were needed. Just constantly buffing bad stuff to be as strong as the broken stuff is not sustainable game design.

2 Likes

?? They literally said the dodge button is bound to B. B skill is moving to Y.

So it doesn’t say all, which means it probably is meant this way. But it would be curious to know the reason behind fireball channeling not getting the same change? Lightning Blast didn’t get the change either. I wonder if it’s because these skills are often procced by other skills and that would be over the top? Like disintegrate can proc both lightning blast and/or fireball. not sure how that interaction would work.

Please Read the notes before you post false info

Awesome changes specially for Shammy !

but:

so far the only really questionable change, i mean for balance purposes might be good but BOOTS and DODGE should work along, one might assume.
Now back to reading :love_you_gesture:

Up above their was already a debate about this.

They did add a new affix to boots that gives you dodge if you use evade.

1 Like