Last Epoch disconnecting me from my network

Hello,

I have bought Last Epoch recently and played for about 10 hours with no issues. Now, when I try to connect, Last Epoch will disconnect me from my network and I will lose internet connectivity until I close the game. I have never had a problem like this with any game and I am at a loss about how to fix this. I have cleared and reset DNS settings in command prompt, have uninstalled my antivirus and disabled my firewall and reverted any updated drivers. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank You

Piggy backing off this topic - since launch I have had the same thing happen. In essence, my wifi adaptor gets disabled (I can enable it through device manager and then play the game without having the quit and reload), but its really odd that its started since 1.0 launched. No other game does this so I’m pretty confused!

I am also having similar issues since I downloaded 1.0 from Steam. Randomly when I enter a new map, my WiFi router itself looses internet connectivity for my entire house requiring an unplug and reset to make it function again. Never have I had a game crash my router before. Very disconcerting! (Brand new install of Win11 on new Asus laptop)

This issue is persisting for me with the 1.0 update. I’m really hoping to hear something on this topic from EHG; I’m sure we’re not the only ones having this problem.

Same thing is happening to me when I launch online mode from Steam. Complete wifi disconnects for all my devices including AppleTV, macbook, iphone, etc.

I have experiencing the same issue still. Whenever I login to the game, it will get me the LE-52 error and this will disconnect me to my Wi-Fi so no internet until I exit the game. As a paid customer, please do something about this. This did not happen to me prior to the 1.0 update. I have to restart the router as a workaround to be able to login to the game! Could anyone from your team rectify this as this is very frustrating and at the same time disappointing!

Happy Sunday,

I just wanted to do a quick update on this topic. Before this weekend, I went out and bought a 50ft ethernet cable to connect my PC directly to the modem. Outside of the common connection issues nearly everyone is having this weekend, I’ve been able to play with no problem. I had no instances of being forcibly removed from my network.

Wi-fi is built into my motherboard, and I have never had any other problems with internet connectivity. For me, I am unable to play LE over a wi-fi network. I am wondering if player’s wi-fi networks are somehow related to their ability to connect to the servers and they aren’t aware of it. I don’t for certain obviously, but there may be a correlation.

Hopefully this information helps someone out.

For the record I had the same problem, and hard wiring myself into my wifi router seems to have fixed the issue for me as well so thanks for updating your thread with your solution. Before that there was a 50/50 chance that loading a new map would kill my whole home WiFi network until I rebooted it. Once I hard wired in I was able to play the rest of the night with no issues.

What a weird problem, never have I had a game do that before. Must be some janky netcode that overloads something. For the record my WiFi router is an ASUS RT-N56U

Wow. Thought I was going crazy. Purchased game, downloaded it, ran it before release and got to character creation to see if it worked and it did so backed out as launch was minutes away.

Downloaded patch, ran game and met with LE-52 can not connect to login servers. Checked and the game throws my connection when launched until I back out of the game. Can only play offline can not even get to online character creation.

Tried everything from online solutions could find, DNS, dumps, refreshes, changes, admin, settings etc ect. to this date nothing has worked. Posted in General days ago about how Im sure the game is disconnecting me but wrong place so no reply or overwhelming launch problems I guess.

Anyways thank you all for these posts, seems to be a game/wifi/ethernet issue which I can not change due to house setup. Have not had this problem with any online game let alone those on steam before. PC is brand new i9 4070 and internet speed says excellent. Hope it gets fixed.

I have exactly the same problem with my Asus RT-N56U. The first day (5-10 hours) there were no problems. The next day im trying to play, moving from location to location, and got crush my Internet connection in 90% completely. I also can’t even open the router’s settings to look at the logs, because the router simply stops working until you unplug it and turn it on again.

I have the same problem here, this game kills my internet on this pc not other pc in my house !

Update. Downloaded free Proton VPN and tried to log online but could not. Changed monitor to 60hz from usual 165hz, nothing. Changed game settings from offline mode to limit of 55 fps, reduced graphics to medium, 1080 and windowed mode with vpn on… it worked.

1440 causes dysync in towns and disconnect when switching zones for me so kept at 1080 medium. Turned off vpn and switched back to full screen and am still able to play online with new character with slight dysync in towns.

Am not changing anything anymore and do not know what out of all that actually helped to stop disconnect from steam and my internet but hopefully it might work for someone else too. Good luck.

If the game is forceable disconnecting the network there should be a corresponding event in the Windows event logs. It may be worth looking through the System and Application logs for these events.

It’s probably also worth posting your Player.log files as they too may have some more detailed information.

Came looking to see if others were having the same issue.

Any time after I play this game my WiFi network 2.4ghz band becomes unresponsive and doesn’t work for several hours. It’s like this game is frying my router (it’s a brand new $600 router).

My PC is hardwired to my router and I don’t lose connection, but when I log off I always notice that my smart lights are suddenly unresponsive, and the 2.4ghz WiFi band is available but unresponsive…

This has to be the craziest issue I have ever seen a video game cause. Love the game though, please keep up the good work devs but this is a WILD issue for a game to be causing.

It’s an extremely odd issue. I assume you’ve checked the router logs for any useful information? I’d also check the the power management tab for the wifi adapter in device manager. It might be worth testing, if your devices support 5Ghz, with that.

As I mentioned above. If Windows is somehow shutting down external devices there should be an event recorded in the System event log. You might also check the Player.log file in the Last Epoch folder for any related events.

There is no player.log file in the last epoch folder. upd: ok guys, i played for 27 hours and I spent half of this time rebooting the router and replaying the same locations again. This whole situation pisses me off. I bought the game to play with a friend but it’s just not possible. Is there any way I can request a refund? Because I don’t have time to deal with this problem for hours and I don’t want to kill my router complitely

I have the same issue. I noticed this over the last 2 days. In my, I have a 1Gbit connection over wifi. So, typical connection is +800Mbs. I usually have 1 or browser tabs open when playing the game. For whatever reason, especially the last 2 days, when I launch and play LE my internet connection becomes so slow that it is unusable.

I am playing the game in full offline mode and still have this issue. The second that I close exit the game, the internet connection returns to normal. So, I know with 100% certainty that some interaction of this game and Windows 11 is causing this disruption of the internet connection.

I am unsure what or why. There is no player.log file that I can find, or I do not know where to find it. I have not checked my router logs or any Windows log and I do not know what I would be looking for.

I find it odd that I only started experience this the last 2 days and did not notice this since 1.0 launch.

Where to find the log file:

As I mentioned in the post above, you should check power saving options on the wifi card under network adapters in Device Manager. Changing that plan may help. Also if you using Auto for frequency selection try setting it to either 2.5, 5 or 6GHz. You might also disable any kind of Smart Connect feature for testing.

Player-prev.log (51.2 KB)
Here is a copy of the log file.
Player.log (1.6 MB)

There’s nothing obvious that I can see in the log apart for notification that a crash log couldn’t be uploaded because, I assume, you’d been disconnected.

You’ll need to check the other items I mentioned above. The fact that you’re still having the issue in full offline mode, where the game doesn’t use the network at all, suggests the problem is elsewhere.