Lagon is too difficult + no WP at encounter

Well if @billysielu’s going to take the time to do a video covering his build, should we not take the time to give him some advice on what he can do to his gear?

One thing I forgot to add re the crafting, get the 3x t3 affixes on first, then add another one such as hp or dodge or something.

1 Like

Actually didnt expect anything less from you… :wink:

After reading through it, I actually thought that you could make it a generic “How to” thread for new players… I think it could be very useful to others just starting out…

There’s already a few generic “how to craft” videos out there.

Edit: Plus I prefer dealing with specific issues rather than general “how to” questions.

Thanks for the tips.

I was originally going to be pure minion damage, but then I realised I could use serpent strike to summon an extra minion, but that doesn’t work when you die to the boss and can’t summon the minion (on kill) before the next run. Damage hasn’t been an issue though, I’ve smashed through everything so far mostly by just letting minions do their thing. This class was about 10x easier than my first one (Void Knight).

I had watched some crafting tutorial videos on my first playthrough a while back, but I completely forgot attributes had tiers. The crafting system really needs to be made more intuitive! It shouldn’t be a requirement to go watch YouTube to complete the storyline.

Why would resists be negative? My resists are positive at around 30% according to the game UI.

When I find the motivation to attempt it again I’ll video that too.

When the devs shifted over from protections to resistances in 0.7.10, they added resistance penetration to all mobs. Every mob gets 1% resistance penetration per area level up to a maximum of 75%. So if you’re in a lvl 50 area, mobs will have 50% resistance penetration (meaning your need to subtract 50 from your resistance to get the figure the game uses to calculate damage taken).

So if Lagon is in a lvl 55 zone, any attacks mobs in that area do will have 55% resist penetration. Therefore your resistance of 30% is actually -25% for the purposes of damage calculation. However, if your resists are capped, you actually have +25% resistance for damage purposes.

They did this so that when you are capped on resists & mobs then hit you with some shred, you take an appropriate amount of increased damage. So if you get your resists reduced by 5% from shred (or whatever) then you’d take 5% more damage than if your resists weren’t reduced. If the mob area level penetration wasn’t a thing, then that 5% reduction to your resist would increase the damage you took by 20% (if the mob hit you for 100, with only 70% resist you’d take 30 damage, compared to 25 damage if your resist was capped, 30 is 20% more than 25).

1 Like

Ill just throw in my 2 cents for a “quick-fix” to the Lagon fight

(@Llama8 advice is very good and better for the long term building, this is just a quick and quite cheap way of dealing with Lagon only)

Gamble/shop for the following :

1. Heborean boots (10-20 inherent cold res) (forge with movement speed and/or physical res)
  2. Lagonian gauntles (10-20 inherent lightning res) (forge with physical res)
  3. Warding tome (forge with physical res)
    (Just settle with anything that can hold the Physical res stat so you dont go too deep with your money or shards, but if you are hitting the jackpot on one of those gambles you should consider forging with “set” shards)

Respec 7 points from Primal strength/Survival of the pack/Lamprey teeth and max Natural Attunement for an extra +20 cold/lightning res

Also id suggest gambling for the Arborreal Curcuit unique ring (silver ring, 50gold), as it will make you pets alot tankier, give you move speed (which is really important), and a life saving tree. I use this on all my pet builds

I finally started playing again and got to Lagon…after wiping 3 times while my Abomination just stood there trying to follow me as I was dodging all over the place. I spent more time to summon archers…who were one shot as fast as I could summon them. I don’t know what I am going to due because I don’t really want to fight all the way to him, only to die because I didn’t choose the one playstyle that can beat him…bad mechanic choice devs!

its hard for sure, but i find him kinda okay, after 6 characters i pushed trough the campgain i think he is kinda okay, hard but fair. you need to learn his patern and you can survive him, i think its more a problem about the summons than about him

Xenostec,
I didn’t study his pattern as much as tried to get my pets to attack, so I completely agree with you. This is my first time fighting the end boss, and the battle is definitely is a gear check, but my frustration is why having to have certain gear to survive only the last fight when my skills and gear was good enough to get me here.

Not as much as you might think. The first & final phases are very mechanical & you can avoid all of the big attacks as they are telegraphed. I would imagine that a minion class would have an easier time avoiding the claw hits as well. The middle phase is harder to avoid the waves, but there are places in the arena that you can stand to avoid them & you have minions to send out to kill the tenacles to make the phase faster.

Yeap by far a ridiculously out of kilter fight, done Lagon on my Firebrand SpellSword, can’t be assed putting any of my other char’s through it until it gets “fixed” which I doubt will happen until they extend the chapters as is a pointless “block”

Dunno I killed him deathless on my first playthru… the only thing i was worried about was the beam arc thing, almost got destroyed the first time he did it. but i was prepared for the next ones.

As I posted here…: Lvl 77 and Lagon just melts me

Lvl 80 MoF. I’ve read the guides and watched the YT videos and, for the most part, can pretty much dance around that nasty beam of whatever Lagon fires at you. I even managed to get to the 2nd phase where you kill tentacles and get teleported back to Lagon. After that though, there’s tidal waves that come crashing at you from both sides along with ads on top of Lagon’s normal routine… and even though I can manage to stay out of that nasty beam on 2nd phase, there’s just something that keeps melting me. My skills are set up exactly like Boardman21’s video says ("The Regifter" a 300+ wave/echo capable paladin that face tanks all. 0.8d Last Epoch - YouTube), and here is my gear: Gear Planner

My resistances are:
Fire: 75% (196%)
Lightning: 75% (155%)
Cold: 75%: (193%)
Physical: 48%
Poison: 75% (76%)
Necrotic: 41%
Void: 75% (125%)

I mean c’mon, I have attempted this 17 times and on each time it sets me back 4 echo’s. I’m to the point now where I’m so frustrated, I feel like rage quitting. Some of the prior posts I’ve read about this fight I keep seeing ppl say it’s all about timing and getting lucky. IMO… this boss’ beam of whatever is VERY over-tweaked. BTW… what damage type is it, and is there any defense for it??

When it comes to MOF another thing to consider is the modifiers going into the fight. People should consider delaying the boss fight if they have nasty modifiers up and play out some more normal maps until they fall off.

Lagon is fine imho, and hasn’t been difficult except for running the lvl 100 version at mid to high 70’s, but I chalk a lot of that up to the level difference and poor itemization for the fight.

Another thing to consider is that the game essentially trains us to maximize damage and hardly ever instills in players the need for defensives until they reach a boss and get destroyed. Perhaps some adjustments or tinkering to make normal enemies more threatening so people have more balanced builds would alleviate some feeling of hitting a wall on bosses.

The Lagon fight is easy in some ways. But it definitely has some issues too. The wave phase seems to be rather chaotic at best, and needs an adjustment down. And the first phase for range is dumb. You can literally get caught outside and just sit there and fire arrows from the bottom wave area. Definitely needs some bugs fixed and some tuning down.

Lagon’s hitbox really needs to be reduced. Trying to out-maneuver his high damage/one-shot skills is really hard atm.

Also, I second that there needs to be a WP in the zones before Lagon/Liath. Either that or you should respawn at the entrance of Lagon’s zone.

Thank you for this. :woozy_face:

Board man’s build HEAVILY rely through two equipped Shard of the Shattered Lances, so he has a incredible amount of health regeneration to back heal things like bleed. Conclusion:
→ I think you kill yourself with the bleeding stacks of your Bleeding Heart.

Overall: Place down Bleeding Heart, get 100 % critical strike avoidance (an oracle amulet would be nice too) and take much more health + health regeneration on your build and you have a easy time. Alternatively get another movement skill and learn to use it. Best of Luck!

EDITED because Llama8 find’s all my mistakes easily.

Only the Rogue can get 100% Glancing Blow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.