Lack of Avatar Customization Will Lose You Players

I know you certainly will not, but that is all right. I have achieved my goal already with stating some facts, like it or not. :slight_smile: Are you offended? It is your problem Mate.

No, not at all. I don’t really care about this topic or your opinion on it. I just skim over it from time to time to learn about the perspectives different people have on it. But thanks for considering. Also, there’s no point in arguing when “subjective facts” are involved. :wink: Have an awesome day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are being needlessly confrontational and trying to bait people and, as usual in these types of posts, using flawed arguments. I could say that you seem to have a mentally stuck in the middle ages, a low intelligence and you sound like a wife beater. I’m just stating some facts, like it or not. :slight_smile: Are you offended? It is your problem Mate.
I don’t think this kind of rethoric is either necessary or warranted.

But to address some of your points:
-Yes, knights come mostly from the middle ages and mostly from Europe. They weren’t exclusive to white people but that is not relevant, because LE doesn’t have knights. They have sentinels, which is something that didn’t exist in history, so EHG can make them look however they want. Not to mention knights were typically mounted warriors and there are none in LE either.
-Yes, shamans are many times equated to Africa. However, druids are celts and they were not usually black. Since primalists is also something that never existed in history, EHG can make them look however they want.

It’s possible that we will have some customization in the future. But it’s not a priority as gameplay stuff is more important to address now, like bug fixing, missing stuff, more endgame, etc.

2 Likes

:smiley: wife beater and low intelligence :smiley: You see this is what I have expected from ‘enlightened’ people. Even though I have not addressing/attacked anyone personally, you did. Thinking you have the moral high ground because I have ‘stuck in the middle ages’.
Does all above mean that you have higher intelligence? Do you consider yourself a smart person? I am happy for you Mate. Though clearly you did not understood the ‘oh it is a fantasy world and not a historical game’ part.
Again, I do not have problem if anyone wants to play ANY kind of race or gender as far as there is a choice. Usually one of the games most important part is IMMERSION where players can forget about the problems of the real world and can be a part of a different one with a character which he/she would like to impersonate especially if it is an RPG (even if an ARPG).

Oh, and my wife and daughter says hi and thanks for your concern of their well being! :slight_smile:

It’s possible the lack of customization will be an ‘issue’, but I think LE will be just fine without either of those two people, honestly.

You clearly (purposefully?) misunderstood my point. I wasn’t saying you’re those things, I was saying that calling things out and then saying that it’s the other person’s fault if they’re offended is a flawed argument.

I don’t think they can be cosidered facts if they are subjective.

That used to be called the Knight. Plus there’s the Paladin and Void Knight masteries.

Weren’t Samurai the same kind of thing as your stereotypical European knight? I’m sure the Chinese & any other martial society had them as well. So calling them “mostly European” is probably just a Eurocentric viewpoint.

So a heavily armoured warrior on foot wasn’t a knight?

I’m pretty sure he was trying to make an example of stereotypes rather than call you that, but it clearly got lost in translation (as I kinda thought it would).

Clearly, but not deliberately. What you said could easily be taken as an insult if your English isn’t good enough & if you’re a native English speaker it could be taken the same way but in a passive-aggressive manner.

1 Like

The void knight doesn’t really count, though, does it? I might be a little fuzzy on my history but I think a knight wielding void powers would have stood out :joy:

Knight, as we use the word, are simply warriors or nobles that were granted knighthood by the ruling power (or the Pope). They don’t even have to be warriors, as evidenced by the fact that people are still granted knighthood to this day.
Other societies might have had equivalents of knights, but we have other words for them, like Samurais. Although there are plenty of meaningful differences between them to warrant different words.

I did say typically. One of the definitions of knight in the merriam-webster dictionary is “a mounted man-at-arms serving a feudal superior”.

Fair enough. Text doesn’t always convey meaning well, as we all know.

How “realistic” do you want this putative character class to be? 'cause it’d suck playing it. The Sentinel used to be called the Knight, we have a Paladin class (I’ll let you go away & google what a Paladin is) & one of the other masteries has “Knight” in the name.

we dont need any customization. we dont need your gender agenda

That’s what I was trying to point out by phrasing it like that. :wink:

EZ fixed

When I first played LE some days ago and I noticed that I dont have to make any changes to my character - I was happy. I dont mind, I dont want to. Just give me a character that fits to the lore of the class and lets go. You know what I did in D4? click some buttons, didnt mind and lets go. I dont even see the char other than in the selection screen and there the char looks good enough.

That has nothing to do with it. Some people just prefer playing a particular gender for their characters

1 Like

I don’t think customization is a must but just changing the gender like Diabo3 is good enough

I am in the same boat with you on this one haha. I literally am horrible at coming up with character names, so customization takes waaaay too long to even start playing the game.

Avatar creation is nice, but that’s on the bottom of the list of things I need to see.

New Character models take a lot of resources and I want those resources spent on somewhere else now, and I am glad they haven’t caved in because of the influx of people from other games making entitled demands and threats about quitting.

I am here for the core game; avatar creation is just bonus. Plus, cosmetics are already doing 70% of the character appearance customization.

When first starting the game i never even thought about the Character Customization because gameplay is more important to me.

Im happy that EHG priority is to make the game better. I think visuals always can be added.

You write an 8 page books, and expect people to read gttfp…smh

Maybe!

The devs had to choose between launching the game in its fun and extremely playable state or wait until there was nothing more than could possibly added and then die of old age. They chose to launch the game.