Is Complete/Limited Crafting actually a problem?

With the current difficulty of the game, and the high power of crafting, this one does.

Edit: Also tacking this on because it took awhile to understand your example. If I dropped a T7 Intelligence pair of boots (regardless if it was the right base) there is no way on earth that’d I would be using a rune of removal on them. I’d despair off lower affixes if possible, and chaos anything too high to despair. If it doesn’t reach “perfect” then close to “perfect” is good enough.

Not even in my most unrealistic build planners I’ve made do I even assign exalted tiers. The loot/craft to T20 is the main grind of the game, and anything past that is what I would consider Min/Maxing. (i.e. unecessary but fulfilling)

3 Likes

What the hell are you talking about??? This is right out nonsense. You’re clearly living in your own reality.

Now that your game is magically fixed, you should start playing more instead of talking about this stuff, you have obviously no clue about.

1 Like

Point is. It shouldn’t!

Unless you are extremely lucky, you will reach T5 on the affix, still not be what you want and at that point all you can do to swap it into an affix you want is removal. Again understand that this was under a better crafting scenario alternative, one where you don’t have FP. Because having it makes it many times more likely you won’t be able to craft your item.

I don’t either, but I assign full T20 gear. However what I was talking about is how a good gearing process works. You have what is a lower point expectation, the full T20, then you have a mid tier expectation which will be full T22 and after that you have the really hard to archieve gear which is T23+ and legendary, this is the aspirational gear.

Right now what players have to look for in gear is… Yeah, that’s it. There is no expectation of where you should be at any point during the game and you very quickly reach a point where you feel your growth has stagnated. Having expectations of where to be at several points in the game is good, that’s what all the other ARPGs tend to do.

Unfortunately I cannot live in someone else reality so I have to live in mine and my reality is, as that of most casuals is, gear progression is bad in LE.

Now, indeed my game is fixed after I’ve re-installed it, but all that means is that i’ll probably be able to get slightly better items, not that I’ll be able to get T20 pieces or T22. The idea that a build can even reach a soft level of completion does not exists in LE.

This is true, I recently started a new character for a build I’ve never done before, almost ssf and have almost entirely t20 gear in monos. Some t21s.

Probably not on the first attempt, no, but this is a game about finding loot, if the thing we wanted dropped/crafted on the first attempt it would be a very short/boring game.

I don’t think that’s a reasonable expectation, and even if it was, you seem to want to be able to craft it without any problems.

It does, the build I’m running through at the moment is proof of that, unless I’m running a more magical version of LE than you.

For starters… you can play the game naked right now because gear isn’t that big of a deal. On top of that you can run empowered monos in all T12 gear without issues because it’s enough to cap resis and give some minor bonuses.

Crafting T20 stuff is easier later into the game with the “new” crafting system while eraly crafting is crap compared to the old one. Over all we are in a good spot untill the devs take power from the skill trees and passive trees and we need the gear to get going.

Untill then read all comments again and try to understand that you are alone with your oppinion and maybe there is a flaw in your observations. Just try it you will maybe be suprised.

1 Like

You say completly ignoring that most of the items you will find will still brick as you attemp to craft them. Again your experience is that of the top 1%er, how often do you think the average player is going to find a very specific base with a very specific T7 affix drop? Cause I can tell you it’s unlikely it will be once a week right now. Then they still have high chances of it bricking. That is to say, you even need drops to be boosted if we want average players to be able to get T22 gear in say, 1 to 2 months.

Yes, I want to craft basic stuff without problems and mid tier items with some level of difficulty but without it feeling impossible. I am pretty sure this is a very reasonable expectation.

No it isn’t because you are not a casual. Let me do the easiest comparison with PoE here. You are the kind of player who after 3 days of a league start has hundreds of divines and his gear also cost hundreds of divines.

The average PoE player don’t even see 10 divines in an entire league. That is the difference you refuse to acknowledge. The level of efficiency you have playing this is 40 or 50x higher than the average player. That is to say your experience is not representative of the experience the majority of people will have when playing the game.

Extreme levels of exageration. Show me you doing a non empowered mono, let’s say around level 60 with no gear whatsoever and I mean absolutely no gear since you said naked.

I’ll add that even if it’s possible, albeit extremely dificult (cause a minion build might just barely allow it and still requires perfect play), do you think this is the experience of the average player? Cause I assure you, it’s not.

Doubtful. For a good player, sure, for the average player? Absolutly not. Even playing S tier builds you die very fast once a couple bonus start stacking up and in fact depending on the build, some builds are about running away from stacking more than 1 bad modifier or you die in less than a second.

Let’s also talk about the other big problem. Even if you have your defenses taken care of and you don’t have killing fast taken care of cause that’s what you chose to not upgrade, even ignoring the fact that killing things before they can hurt you is one of the bggest defensive measures, it’s going to feel terrible when things take too long to die.

Easier? What exactly is easier for you? Because let me tell you how it goes for the majority of people. They grab an item they found, somewhere between 5 and 7 usuable tiers of affixes. They now have at least 2 affixes they need to remove and very often the chaos rune gives you nothing, even if you gamble on removing and win that lottery, you still need to add 1 to 15 tiers of affixes which is just not gonna happen. At least not easily. So in order for you to get that T20 piece, you need to roll hundreds upon hundreds of bases until you finally luck out. Considering players are also looking for a very specific base per item type, that also limits how many you even find which are then also limited by even having usable affixes cause it’s hardly worth crafting with 0 usable affixes. So how much time do you think a casual player will take to even get 1 T20 piece? Let me save you the trouble. In the current system they will get anywhere between 0 and 1 piece in an entire league and the only reason I even added 1 is because RNG being RNG, they may be one league in several of them where they do get 1, but odds are to never getting any.

Of course I am alone, because casual players know just exactly how horrible the hardcore players are in any community, they will all bvand together to try and silence any voices that don’t preach to their way of thinking or playing.

In other words, I am not alone, I am in fact part of the majority, but the majority also happens to be the vocal minority because guess what, they don’t like how toxic this threads tend to become with all the hardcore players attacking them.

I’m not ignoring it, I accept it as a reasonable cost/balancing factor to be able to add whatever affixes I want to an item (assuming it has the open slots, obviously) & it not be the item editor with a few paltry extra clicks that you keep saying that you “totally don’t want”. At a young age I learned that I can’t have everything that I want whenever I want it.

As frequently as I do, I really don’t play as much as you think I do. I enjoy playing other game with & without friends (mostly Elite Dangerous for the ship-based pew pew & Dyson Sphere Program for the calming effect that having robotic minions do my construction-based bidding has). I’m also not as zoom-zoom or as efficiency-focused as you appear to believe I am, with the addition of the bonus stability, I will happily go through a mono & clear it out to get the full-ish bonus rather than run to the objective & then into the next mono.

You appear to be very happy to make gross generalisations about the mindset & moral competence of the people who disagree with you. It’s annoying and ####y, please stop it.

You can, you just won’t get it from any random white item that you pick up from the ground.

You can, I would refer you back to my comment about not getting everything you want whenever you want it.

You’re posting here, you aren’t one of the noble “casuals” that you, for some reason, put on a pedestal & worship.

@Dobster, is this true? Ignoring the fact that I’ve not been able to muster the energy to get beyond chapter 4 for the past ~4 leagues, have I ever had that level of gear? The only time I’ve had gear costing more than some chaos per item was Legion & that was because I played a somewhat busted build for the league mechanic (ED/Contagion) & 1 person was kind & when trading for a 6l Chaos DoT bow (for low single-digit exalts), he gave me a matching quiver for free 'cause we chatted & it was mid-way through the league & he was going to stop playing.

Why you seem to think that I’m some sort of magical player who can put in 25-30 hours a day for several days and end up with more currency than I would know what to do with I just don’t know. It’s bordering on offensive now & just shows that your argument is basically “I want nice stuff without the game putting obstacles in my way”. I spend far more time on the forum than in-game.

I’m not refusing to acknowledge it, that’s me. I have never had that level of currency in PoE. I have 17 exalts & 17 divines in standard & that’s only because they’ve been collecting dust in standard since PoE went to Steam something like 8 years ago.

My 2h melee Rogue build says hello.

Probably not, but not because I’m some uber-player like @LizardIRL, I just know more & have experienced a lot more (of LE if nothing else) than they will have.

It’s not, a skilled player who knows how to play the game as it is, not the game they wish it were like Lizard can & has done it, but I can’t be arsed to look for it. And when he does it “naked”, he means with a belt (for potions), boots (for movement speed) & possibly a weapon, I can’t remember.

How about we put those goalposts back where Macknum set them, eh? Just because you can’t do a thing doesn’t mean it can’t be done. I can’t do brain surgery, but that doesn’t mean that I think all brain surgeons are liars, nor would I expect a normal person off the street would be able to do it. Difficult things take practice.

Crafting t20 gear, I thought he said that. Many people who know how the system works have tried to tell you how to use it to the best advantage, you just don’t want to listen. That’s fair enough, but it’ll mean that if you keep on hammering away with your viewpoint, you’ll just get ignored.

Everybody thinks that, if you’re posting here, you really aren’t. You aren’t being attacked, you’re just being told things you don’t like to hear because they show you that you’re not doing it right. Which is your prerogative, but, well, have a nice life?

Can confirm, he has never had gear like that. He has the worst luck in PoE and I used to end up supplying him with currency for most of the league. I can still hear the crying now when I got another lucky drop and he got nothing :grin:

1 Like

Yup, it totally never pissed me off at all. Ever.

Right, except what you call reasonable is nothing of the sort for the casual player. You are going to be 40 or 50X more efficient. So any item that took you an hou to get, takes on average 40 to 50 for a casual.

You can’t balance a game around the top players. The top player literally do not matter, they are not representative of the majority of the player base. Just like the players who play but don’t even bother going all the way to monos, they don’t matter either. You want those players right there in the middle. They get to monos, but they quite obviously struggle and feel a lack of progress and as a result leave.

Just because you don’t play 12+ hours a day it doesn’t means you are not very efficient and a very good player. You make me think of all those people who made vids about look at how a casual can do everything and play 2 hours a day on that account and they are in day 1 already in maps, fully ignoring a casual won’t. They are going through content and farming at a rate that is completly insane for the casual player. So what I said doesn’t changes because I was not comparing how much time you played but how much gets done in the same amount of time.

And yes i make those generalisations because it’s painfully obvious. You clearly have absolutly no clue of how much a casual player struggles in LE or even in PoE and you cannot relate to them. It is so obvious that you cannot relate because you have one casual player talking to you and you cannot even beggin to comprehend how ridiculously hard it is for him to progress despite him saying it to you and despite him having said that all those advices you and others have given are all things he already tried and didn’t make a difference. They don’t make a difference because there is a huge disconnection on the level of playing efficiency as well as skill.

Nor from a yellow.

No, you really cannot and it’s not a case of wanting it now, it’s a case of wanting it within a reasonable time frame. If an item takes you a month to get (in average), the casual will need several years to farm the same item (in average). So what is a reasonable timeframe for you, is not for the casual player.

I am one of the few who actually speaks out and even then I’ve spoken out before until I grew tired of people like you who just want the game to be hardcore like PoE and the Devs not really giving any signs they were interested in balancing around the casual players.

I don’t know how well you do in PoE but one thing is a fact, you could definitely be getting extremely good gear and doing pinacle bosses no problem in it. The casual players in PoE don’t even get past low level maps.

I don’t think you put that many hours into the game, but as I’ve said many times over. It’s not about how many hours you put in, it’s about how skilled you are and how efficient you are with the time you do put in.

And if there is anything offensivce is you believing that anyone can do what you do in the same amount of time you do. I will repeat, your efficiency as a player is tens of times higher than a casual. The absolute peak players of any ARPG are measured in efficiency levels against casuals on hundreds if not thousands times more efficient. You just seem to not have a clue of how much a disconnect there is between you and the average player. The disconnect is so big that when you are told you cannot even accept it’s possible (and I didn’t says you were on the thousands or hundreds mark, I said only a few tens of times).

Considering you are not playing much and considering you probably don’t move things from the temp tabs, that is not surprising. I’m just saying, if you played PoE you could easily be doing bare minimum douzens of divines a day because you have that level of efficiency.

Efficiency is not about builds. It’s about how much you can farm in the same amount of time assuming the same build or at least similar enough builds that are equally quick.

You don’t need to be an uber player, you are still one of the very top players and it can be seen in how efficiently you aquire gear. Experience helps but only goes so far in LE where for the most part, things are easy to understand. If I were to ask you how many hours you take with a minion build to get into monos and we were to then compare that with me, that would become immediatly painfully clear.

Naked for me is literally 0 items, otherwise I need to know exactly what items he means to have and how good they are.

Let me put it like this. My mage build which is an S tier build on tier 16 gear struggles with empowered monos because all it takes for me to die is starting to kill the enemies half a second later than I should because the leeching isn’t active until I do. Add a couple damage modifiers and I can be instantly killed by any pack of enemies. So this idea that T12 gear makes empowered monos not a problem is not true.

Context. It would be better to read the rest of what I said there.

How am I not? Everyone is pretending I’m an idiot, not taking any advice despite the painfully obvious part that i already said I tried all those things and explained why they don’t work, not without the levels of efficiency that a casual does not have but they just keep insulting my intelligence.

Confirming you actually make enough currency for yourself and other people. I rest my case there.

I don’t know what the case is, as I’m at work and haven’t read the thread but I think you have got the wrong impression.

I’ve never been rich in PoE. By sharing currency, I meant a few EX at the most. The most I’ve ever made in any league is around 14ex. Not really what you would call rich. I usually get less than 5ex each league and just play for fun.

1 Like

And you can make T20 items easily in LE but you’re telling me you can’t make douzens if not hundreds of divines a day in PoE. Is that what I’m expected to believe in?

As fun as this conversation has been…

At least this way I won’t feel compelled to reply to your inanity & maybe this thread will die the ignoble & quiet death it deserves.

Have a nice life.

Also, I’ve just checked & I can’t see any of the remove-only stash tabs I had from previous leagues (& there were lots), so that pic taken this morning is what I’ve got in standard. Whether you choose to believe it or not, you do you.

This again underlines that you are not using the crafting system properly. You’ve already gotten so many tips if how to craft. You pretend to have tried them, yet you provide us your crafting strategy that shows that you’ve not understood anything.

I’ll tell you something: The majority of people would never try to craft on an item with only t7 of usable affixes in attempt to get it to a t20 with 4 affixes you like. Maybe new players would try. But they realise that this is going nowhere really fast.

This quality of items I find at lvl 12-20 without even the need to craft.

But I also realise that there’s nothing anybody could do to help you as you refuse too listen (read).

2 Likes

This is funny when people earlier were telling me my filters were too strict when I was looking to have at least 7 tiers of affixes I want and I tell you, just limiting an item to 7 tiers of desirable affixes and the right base makes almost nothing ever show up. I can go several maps not fiding a single drop. Now, i do also have one for 5 tiers, one for desirable exalted items and even have one for items with any affixes as long as it has anywhere between 14 and 16 tiers and no affix is higher than 4 just so I can also try and gamble that. Drops are rather scarce still to say the least and with drops being scarce, there is only so much crafting that can be done in any given play session which in turn means that it takes far too long to progress gear.

The problem is, most people seems to be getting items at several times the pace I do and somehow they want me to believe that they are not extremely efficient players and that they understand perfectly fine what is the struggle of a casual player.

Could you possibly dig a bigger hole for yourself…

You simply do not understand what everyone is saying… and your implementation of our advice is just incorrect.

What you are describing is the totally wrong way of going about looking for crafting items and using the system provided in a way that promotes the best possible outcomes…

I feel like I need to do another irrelevant statistical test to prove that we are trying to help you by telling you that the way you are approaching the issue is causing all your frustration… Its like you are using the old adage of trying the same experiment and expecting a different result.

I regularly make T22 items in the mono stage of the game, even have a few T23/24s… T20s are easy to do by the time you get to mid game (i.e. after the campaign) - with the only real limitation being having the crafting mats available (affix shards/glyphs runes etc) and finding a decent starting craft item - which is usually not a problem unless you are too strict.

For pity sake, I even talked someone through a chaos crafting process on the LE Discord about a week ago and they made a t24 and they had no idea how to use the crafting system beyond a rough guess so it literally was a step by step “Ok, I got another tier, now what, should I use a chaos?”

I honestly give up. Its like shouting into the wind… You simply refuse to consider what we are all telling you.

4 Likes

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Though it is amusing seeing a quote with no text being replied to.

They aren’t irrelevant to me mate. :wink:

Yes, I do not understand what everyone was saying when I was doing everything except one thing cause I don’t fracture bad affixes on items. If I have too broad filters then of course I don’t find anything worth crafting, if I have too strict filters of course I can’t find items worth crafting. Of course if I use all the methods of crafting that people are saying I’m still somehow not using them either.

Somehow the fault is always mine no matter what I do and then I am the one who refuses to consider what you are telling me. Despite the fact that I’ve literally done it again, with the only exception for fracturing items cause I won’t waste a rare rune to make a subpar item. Those runes are for making T26+ items, not to waste on what can at best be a T20.

1 Like

Take it as a compliment llama. You’re just so efficient us casuals can’t even comprehend how you get your gear. Your rares drop with 100+ FP due to your corruption and we’re all stuck with bugged clients that only drop at 20.

2 Likes

Funny you mention it, but they actually do! And I can craft up to t9 affixes!

I’m an accountant, it’s either a perk of the job or an occupational hazard/inevitably. Delete as appropriate.

2 Likes