I'm done. COF sucks

Honestly sound like you somehow screwed up your loot filter.

Just go trade circle and buy all your LP3-LP4 items for a fraction of the investment you’d need to spend finding them yourself with CoF.

Go CoF if you want the challenge of finding your own loot.

Trade circle is obviously far and away the superior option for optimization, it’s not even close.

tldr, you chose a challenging solo mode, got challenged and found out its too hard for you. Not saying trade isn’t better (because trade is always better than the absence of it), but i just don’t get it - what did you expect?. You go for more challenge and then make a surprised pikachu face when it actually turns out challenging…

2 Likes

Because CoF isn’t intended to be the “more challenging mode”, it’s designed to be a fair trade off between people wanting to play solo versus having items found and purchased for them?

Did you get the circles confused with the level 1 boots you find in the game?

3 Likes

How exactly is it designed to be a ‘fair trade off’ ?. This is basic math / logic at this point: CoF (1 person with 3x or whatever bonus to loot) vs hundreds of thousands of players sharing the market.

I’m not the one confused here.

1 Like

Before 1.0 launched, Mike said in one of his streams (or an interview?) that he felt like lots of people would be picking CoF at launch and would be quick to change to MG. That CoF was over-hyped and MG was still the stronger choice.

I don’t think they said this. CoF’s only purpose is to give way more drops than usual. You already have the target farming in-game, CoF just makes it so that, when you do target farm, instead of getting 1 drop you get 2 drops. Or 6. So you have better chances of finding what you want. Like they said in the patch notes:

This feels way too high. I don’t know where you’re from, but there are laws that prevent this in most EU countries. The normal value is 8h max per day, with 1h in between for lunch.
Anyway, I’m pretty sure that they can monitor the chat without having to be in the game, so they can watch multiple channels at once.
As for your solution, it’s not a solution. Bans are constantly being handed out. They just come back. They even had to disable family sharing because of this.

The point of CoF was never to be on equal ground as trading. It never will be. MG will always be better if you want to equip your characters fast.
CoF was simply the answer for: “We’re going to introduce trade. What can we do so that people that don’t trade (because they don’t like it, or have social phobias, or have to play offline, or whatever reason) don’t feel like the game experience is crappy for them like in PoE?”.
CoF is just a way to improve your drops if you don’t want to trade. So that you have better drop rates than MG. But it will never equal MG. It’s just not possible. Like you mentioned, even if you increase the drops by 1000%, there are still more people sharing in MG.

1 Like

Exactly. Call CoF whatever, restriction, challenge - doesn’t matter. The point is, you don’t pick CoF to have an easier time or be on equal ground with those that compete in the trading economy. You pick CoF if you are up for a struggle/challenge and want to do it alone.

Not necessarily because you want a challenge. Some people have to play offline due to crappy networks. Or some people have social phobias and play alone. There are many reasons for playing alone and not wanting to trade.
CoF is just a way to get better base drops so the game doesn’t feel as incredibly crappy as it does in PoE if you don’t trade. It will never be as good as MG, but it does give you much better drops and lets you equip your characters decently, as can be seen by the fact that OP is doing 500 corruption.

If you want 4LP items, MG is the way to go. And even there it’s not that common or cheap.

You are overstating CoFs value, we are not asking for perfect gear, we are just asking for it to not be infuriatingly slow to get decent stuff.

it took me ages and ages to get the unique with a decent roll I was looking for on CoF, if I were doing MG it would have taken seconds.

1 Like

This is not how loot driven games work. There is always something you can improve. Even after 1000 hours you will not have perfect gear.

“The best possible gear” only exist in theory. And it is hardly ever achieved, but it still exists.

If your expectations re to have 3Lp and 4LP Uniques everywhere your expereince is doomed from the beginning. all of that is aspirational, but not realistic. These items do exist and yo uwill eventually get some. But depending on your build or the specific items, you will maybe only ever find one or maybe none. That doesn’t make the gear leading up to that any worse.

2 Likes

I just want to expand on what you said:
If he’s at corruption 835, CoF did it’s job perfectly. It allowed you to go into endgame, and quite deep at that.
CoF isn’t for min-maxers. No min-maxer will ever choose CoF or be happy if he does. CoF is for people that like getting their own things and still be able to do all endgame. And it works perfectly for that end as can be seen by the multiple people that have high corruption with it.
If you want your gear to be perfect, you have to use MG. Not like the power difference between perfect aspirational gear will be that big anyway. Certainly not too relevant when you’re already pushing 500 or 800 corruption.

1 Like

The game is buy to play right?
From 33 up to 50E.

Just restrict new players to not be able to access chat for 10 hours after buying the game so they can’t refund it, and start banning people.

This won’t fix the trade problem since those who actively buy gold already know where to get it, but it will stop the annoying chat spams.

I’ve never seen this much gold selling spam in a buy to play video game, ANYWHERE. It just goes to show how much they’re trying to solve it.

That just means you never played D2. In fact, D2 chat was even worse than LE’s.

Restricting chat for 10h would just restrict legit players. RMTers/bots have to farm in the gold/favour anyway. And even if they didn’t, they certainly wouldn’t mind laying low for 10h before starting spam, so that wouldn’t solve anything.

And the fact that they had to disable family sharing so banned RMTers don’t circumvent bans shows that they’re actually trying to solve it. It’s just that RMTers these days have a lot more (illicit) tools to get around that.

Yeah, I think the problem is people are looking at CoF and MG, and thinking they need to be balanced like 2 skills would. But that’s not the case, they are simply playstyles. MG, if you just HAVE to get the best gear, ASAP. While CoF is more a playstyle, for people who want to earn their own gear… it’s add another element rather than mindly killing and hoping for that random drop.

I do think there is much room for improvement, both for CoF and just items in general – for instance, give us a rare rune/glyph (think Dispair rarity), that allows rerolling of Unique (maybe not Legendary) Implict and Affix ranges – hell, make it either CoF only, or have it flag the item as no-trade/no-sell once you use it. I think it’s terrible to have as many layers of RNG just to determine if it’s useful – 1) the unique drops, 2) it has LP, 3) the stat ranges. When you factor in the rarity of LP, especially on the more rare Uniques, it’s just silly that I can find a 3LP Unique, but have such terrible rolls that I wouldn’t want to use it.

1 Like

I’m sure the devs are looking at the data (and (some of) the feedback from forum) and working on balancing out kinks. Both CoF and MG need adjustments. Maybe even some mechanics changes or new mechanics.

This is a new toy and one that can only be properly evaluated with a really big number of players. Even if they were to have released factions in EA, the data wouldn’t be as useful or accurate as it is now. So yeah, I expect there is still quite some balancing and tweaks left to be done to both factions and we should see them soon(ish).

I’d like to see CoF get a single-affix replacement shard (not sure what the real word is… glyph?).

A real nice item screwed up again by a throwing or minion affix? Replace it with what you want. Obviously a rare drop.

As they add more affixes, getting an item that drops all the affixes you want gets less and less likely to occur during your game-play lifetime. I’m sure that they are already thinking about this, because that’s their job. I just hope the answer isn’t something as convoluted and obscure as Inspiration.

1 Like

I agree that COF and MG are inherently different and that we cannot expect the same results from COF as from MG.
However, that does not mean that everything is set in stone or ridicule should be poured on those frustrated with the current system.

I for one do not get these rewards:

• Rune of Ascension (rank 2), who uses those? What I need are glyphs of despair.
  • Set items (rank 9), the sets appear to be very lackluster. Also, I am at Level 95 (and rank 7) and started to not even look at them anymore (unless they are new which are perhaps 1%) and just throw them away.
  • Legendary Potential (rank 6) I am swimming in LP-1 items, who, unless they are build defining, so far are not a high enough incentive to engage with the dungeon mechanic and to face Yulra (or whatever her name was). I somewhat suspect that rank 6 just increases the chance for LP-1 items but not for the higher levels. It would be nice to get some definitive information.

I like this idea.

I’m surprised you’ve had such bad luck. I’m CoF and it’s definitely true that you don’t get great drops left and right. But I have to be honest, I’ve found several uniques that I like for my mage build. Probably not best in slot, but I don’t care, my sorcerer is the boss.

edit: also - crafting exalted is the best part of this game imo. Definitely a lot of RPG in there, but I’m wearing 3 nice crafted items that are just the way I like them. The only way to upgrade them is to find something with better implicits and craft an identical upgrade. Will be hard to replace.

It would be great if cof allows us to block specific affix drops so you can truly target farm items. Like:

• spend favor to block most of bad affixes that can drop on gloves (A LOT OF FAVOR)
  • spend favor to get exalted gloves here and there
  • farm till you got your bis item

Reset affix table and farm favor till you can repeat the process for different item slot.
It would basically work similar to farming tons of gold as a trader to buy specific item but instead of farming favor and items to sell, you farm favor to target farm specific items. Current loot explosions with cof are great but 99% of stuff is usually not for your build

1 Like

I still don’t think “challenging” means “nearly impossible”. I agree CoF should be challenging, but it should let you find best items in game if you put in the investment in time and dedication. Just try to understand how boring the experience becomes to just rush through monoliths for days without progress.

In the current scenario, it’s more likely for me to stop playing the game than to start a new char. I don’t want to start a new char if I’m not happy with the current one.

2 Likes