I'm done. COF sucks

I’ve put 100 hours into my character. I’m pushing around 500 corruption. I’m past level 100. I haven’t found a useful item since like level 75. My items are complete crap btw. My amulet has junk stats except for the implicits and 2 low rolled affixes that are useful. I’m using the same rings I’ve had since level 50 that have 2 and 3 good affixes respectively… and one of them isn’t even the proper base (bad implicits) but I can’t afford to get rid of it b/c it has crit avoidance on it. My idols aren’t where I would want them. My weapon is crap. I can’t find even a 1 LP exsanguinous, or a 2LP item in general after getting hundreds and hundreds of uniques. Quite literally I think I’ve found like 10 total out of hundreds and they’ve been for classes I’m not playing (and I’ll be damned if I’m going to farm rep on them). No LP 3 and no LP4 items.

If you find an item that might be useful and you go to craft it you get screwed. Every time. I’ve lost count of the number of times where I’ve done 1 upgrade and eaten up 18 forging potential right off the bat.

I’m in COF. Nothing useful ever drops. If I were in MG I’d be fully geared and blasting by now and I don’t have the will to swap factions and refarm rep. I’m done. I’m done. I’m done. I’m done.

I’ve run over 1000 echos at this point and I’m completely wasting my time.

The game is brilliant in a lot of ways… but decent items, let alone BIS items are too difficult to get on your own. The prophecies from COF are completely worthless. We need a deterministic way of getting items… like a prophecy that lets you force a certain affix on all items of a specific type for a period of time or a certain number of echos or make COF items have double forging potential. Something.

I’m definitely not farming rep again, I can tell you that much. I refused to do it in D4 and that grind is nothing compared to this rep grind.

EHG - COF needs a lot of work. You can’t expect people to play for 100 hours and not get upgrades after like level 75-80. I don’t expect it to be close to MG, but its not even in the same galaxy. The randomness in items in this game is exactly like vanilla Diablo 3.

You all can blast me, IDGAF. EHG, best of luck improving the game. I’m out until COF is buffed and the rep grind is made account-wide.

10 Likes

Fix your loot filter and take more chances crafting.

10 Likes

are you not using glyphs of hope? you should be for every upgrade.

I’m up to lvl 94 and I just finally got around to crafting legendaries to make mono’s easier

1 Like

Believe me, I’ve done that. I craft constantly whenever I get a halfway decent item (which isn’t often). It never goes well. I use glph of hope every upgrade. I appreciate the help, but I think I’m done.

I don’t have any legendaries. I haven’t found any items with decent LP on them, let alone exalted items to slam into them.

The game needs trade. ARPGs in general need trade.

Solo Self Found always runs into this problem and that’s why I see it as a “Challenge mode” similar to Hardcore.

3 Likes

No upgrades since 75? Sorry man I don’t believe you. Sounds like a knowledge issue? Maybe you don’t have the right sorts of items on your filter but I find it pretty easy to get the 4 affixes I want on something, the real endgame I’m working towards is 5 affixes and I’m only level 94…

Once you run empowered monoliths like every unique is lp2… they’re extremely common? I haven’t hit any LP4 items but I still have plenty of progression to go, and besides, you don’t need LP4 items in the first place, you don’t even need any uniques, you can be bonkers strong just with 4 solid affixes which is a very reasonable time frame to achieve.

6 Likes

Nah, it’s fine. I have zero issues with CoF. Expecting regular upgrades is just the wrong perspective. Even worse is people thinking 1+ LP on rare items is normal. Trade actually ruins that perspective. People running around showing off their 4 LP ladles makes people think all they have to do is farm a little and they’ll get one too.

Your build is finished when you feel like playing something different, there is no end in this game. And if he’s doing 500 corruption on what he consideres janky gear then it’s definitely not janky, most people won’t go that high.

8 Likes

I’m running between 350 and 500 corruption monoliths. 2LP are NOT common at all.

I can’t even get 3 good affixes on some of my exalted items, let alone 4.

The only reason I’m managing to push as far as I am is because of wraithlord. I couldn’t even clear the regular monolith bosses until I got it. That one item, exsanguinous, last steps, and life to ward gloves are all you need to do 300+ corruption. The rest of your items can be crap (I know becuase mine are).

2 Likes

Personally, I find CoF to be a massive buff compared to previously. But I agree it isn’t enough - for specific legendaries or specific affixes.

I say this in the sure knowledge that there will at some point be 10 times as many uniques as there are now, if CoF target find is not made specific to the legendary, then it will never be comparable to even a hundreth of the power of trade.(as for trade people are not just targeting the unique, but the rolls as well, CoF only targets a vague group of bases)

It’s like 25% of all uniques that drop for me are lp2 I must have 50 or more lp2 uniques in my stash at 94.

You don’t even need exalted 4, just 4 t5 affixes beats an exalted item with one t6 and like 2 or 3 other t5s. I even have 1 strong affix items for my build showing in my filter for my build, and often craft those all the way to 4 strong affixes.

Also, I think maybe there’s an expectation problem? Like should every build be able to cap out? What sort of time frame should there be for that? Your problem comes because of the expectation that you should be doing better with the time you invested in this particular build, but maybe the question is why and why does it matter? Go play something else for a while man.

1 Like

I didn’t say it was bad. I just said its a challenge mode.

Sounds like someone who hasn’t been playing with trade for a long long time.

Oh its not normal. Even in Merchant’s Guild those items still sell for like a few hours worth of gold as prices are finally starting to normalize.

Trade was the only way to play PoE, there it was definitely challenge mode to not use trade. It’s not that way here at all. It’s just a perspective thing, people think their build sucks when in reality it doesn’t, this guy was pushing 500 corruption and complaining lol.

5 Likes

I disagree in that CoF is clearly vastly underpowered compared to MG. What is really carrying CoF players is the crafting system in this game, not CoF itself(very few of my gear pieces have the CoF mark on them, despite the fact that I am CoF,).

2 Likes

I just checked and I have 1 rank 3 item and 2 rank 4 items and that’s it. One of them is an idol.
So yeah, COF is pretty bad. I could swap to MG right now. I just don’t have it in me to do the rep grind again.

2 Likes

Yeah. The game has always had the problem that once you get past a certain baseline of gear there’s not a lot you can do to work towards more upgrades besides just pulling the gatcha more times. CoF hasn’t really changed that, it’s just replaced some of where the gatcha pulls are coming from. (Nerfed droprates → CoF benefits)

I’d really like it if we could have a few more deterministic options that let us work towards a goal.

2 Likes

The game needs TRADE, and craft that makes possible to upgrade affixes up to t6 t7, it could be something like a glyph that has a small chance of upgrading +2 and an even smaller chance of +3, so a t4 could become a t6 or t7. They should also put something in place, (even a dg) that would allow renewing the forging potential of an item with a chance of downgrading by 1, 1~4 affixes. another one to allow you to clear the Legendaries and finally one that allows you to craft Weaver’s Will on those uniques who don’t have LP.

3 Likes

How about the people who feel the game needs trade play trade, and the people who don’t, don’t.

I have the feeling that some people picked CoF after hearing about “loot explosions”, even though they’re more of a trade-type player. And then they figure out that maybe made a mistake and now they’re sore.

For gearing up a single character, MG is definitely superior. For finding cool items and trying a new character or build around that item, CoF is the way to go.

4 Likes

Yeah I mean that makes perfect sense but for some reason people want to cry about trade being better but don’t want to actually do it.

1 Like

I picked CoF as i dont chase meta and figured by the rule of numbers most stuff on sale would just be popular items, that may be great for most people who just chase trends.

As a content creator trying to squeeze water from a stone, i figured i would need to source all gear for myself. Unfortunately, CoF fails the hardest at the one thing they suggested it would be for: target farming.

CoF may give me more loot, but it gives me loot that is mostly unusable even for the most edge case build, and i am used to working with bare bones as an old school arpg player. In my opinion 90% of uniques are unusable without 3lp, means i am stuck in same exalted items i had since lvl 60

4 Likes

I’m gonna be straight with you, most of you chose CoF BECAUSE you chased meta. The overwhelming super majority of people making videos and providing perspective PRE 1.0 pinned CoF as a vastly overpowered faction going into release with MG leaving way too much to be desired. Only when the economy exploded, did people realize where the power was.

So lets be honest here, you went for flavor of the month in a situation where no one truly understood the strength of the factions. Now, in a massively hindsighted perspective, you have decided this choice was an underdog, rogue one LMFAO.

2 Likes