I'm done. COF sucks

For most content creators you would be correct. But if you see the videos i make i am a little bit weird to say lightly, just look at my shorts.

I went with CoF for the ability i percieved would be better, getting obtuse gear, make a video for it, rince and repeat. I made i think some comments that i believed it could be a lot stronger, but not why i picked it.

As a content creator it makes no sense to chase meta, as i got 39 subs. I wont get views tjat way. My plan is be creative. Big creators are likey also cheating right now by gold buying anyway. Why would they care, they make 100x more per video then box cost

This is also an unintentional but also not surprising drawback that MG is experiencing as 100% of people buying gold are purchasing specifically “netdecked” setups which are why chase items such as Red Ring of Altaria have exploded in price in the bazaar.

1 Like

For me it’s pretty simple: With CoF I get the items I want rather fast. Took me 4 prophecies yesterday to get the item I was looking for. Sadly it isn’t helping to get the basic items I want with meaningfull stats on them. That’s still comletely rng but the most important thing an item faction could offer me.

It is unfortunate but ultimately Eleventh hour are to blame. They knew what they where doing by not adding a report player button.

Same reason they made that poll i think, trying to use any escuse to close their eyes to the problems. Banning gold sellers is easy. All it takes is hiring
6 person whos entire job is to watch chat for links.

Each of them has 12 hour shifts. One sits in trade chat, one in world chat, and one is in town chat feed. 6 people is all it takes to solve the problem entirely

1 Like

There is a quick block button. I am not surprised if there’s an automated kick function if an account gets blocked over chat by many people all at once.

This is a bad faith accusation.

Never has been. The only way to truly ban them is to either remove trade, make trading absurdly difficult, or to directly sell gold while making the transfer of gold otherwise impossible. All of which are decisions that could make the game worse in different ways.

If it was ever this easy, there’d be games doing it.

3 Likes

For example this would be illigeal in the country I live in because 12h shifts every day of the week are against the law ^^.

1 Like

Thats actually a good point. Lets bump this up to 15 people, and just cut their pay in half. That way you have no one working more then 8 hours and have spares if someone called sick 6 days a week. Most countries that should be legal

Could be 8h shifts. Heck, it could be people working every other hour. Whichever way it is done, it would still cost the same number of work hours per day therefore the point is a strawman and a deflection.

Now you need to look where you get said people. Then you need to pay said people. Depending on where they are from there are minimum wages. 12,41€ per hour where I’m from with payed sick days and a minimum of payed vacation days and whatnot. I’m sure that’s a far to costly endevor to take. I would gladly take a job where I monitor a chat for 8 hours and people who pst stuff for let’s say 15€/h with 24 days of payed vacations and payed sick leaves as it is normal in our coutry. Guess I’m not getting the job but some random bloke out of a third world country who does it for 25 cents/h ^^ who does or does not quality work.

This isn’t as easy as it might be in your head ^^.

This sentence just changed how I look at the game. I too feel like I’ve hit a wall where I barely improve my Runemaster anymore at L96, running 200+ monos.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in the same boat as OP, my gear is quite decent, got a LP2 Fundamental Criterion with +30 and I’ve got tons of LP2 items, even some LP3 and one LP4 for a different class. But I feel like I can barely improve my char anymore without putting a stupid amount of time into it. When you killed the same boss for the 10th time (resetting the web after each kill) with nothing to show for and the item you are hoping for still doesn’t drop, it’s hard to keep going.

However, as mentioned I have tons of LP2+ items for different classes, maybe it’s time to start a new one. That LP2 Exanguinous might be a good start :smiley:

So that was my mistake, I should’ve gone with MG after all if my goal was to build my Runemaster as good as possible. I didn’t realize that CoF is much more useful for building an arsenal for other classes but that’s how I’ll approach the Guilds from now on.

It’s still a pitty that I probably have to abandon my Runemaster or loose interest in the game alltogether and I really hope that the devs will add something to progress on in the late end game without relying on other players.

1 Like

Both factions get gear for all classes and builds.

CoF requires that you have all these characters to make use of it.

MG makes use of all this gear because you can trade it to the people who use those builds. Thus making MG have better, more consistent, higher quality drops despite having zero direct increases to drop rates in the ranks.

It really sounds like you aren’t high enough level in COF or aren’t using the prophesies correctly. I’ve found all the uniques that I need and plenty of upgrades and aren’t even level 8 in COF yet. That or you just have the luck of a drunk wildebeest.

1 Like

it sucks.

i’m currently at 835 corruption CoF and haven’t found a single 4LP item. Still using a 2LP on my gear. The problem is I want good loot but I also want to find it myself, but I don’t want to have to play 500h to complete my char. I also don’t want to complete my char with “kinda good” gear, I want the best gear possible. I don’t want to resort to trade for that, but it seems like CoF won’t let me achieve what I want in this game.

I have more gold seller’s blocked than I have friends. that is really sad.

And trying to raise this number is the reason why you mention that you are a content creator whenever the opportunity arises? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How many world chats are there at any point? I’m pretty sure it’s multiple. I can imagine that the totality cannot be comprehended my a single individual in real-time.

A week has 168h. So even if you have 1 staff member at every time watching the chat, you need more than 4.2 employee’s that work a 40h week. If you want to account for sick days, holidays, etc, you would need more for reliable coverage. So let’s go with 6 people. That’s quite some money each month.

Those 6 would probably still need reports from the community, because I think it is impossible to manually read everything that is relevant just by oneself.

2 Likes

First of all higher corruption isn’t offering so much rarity anymore. Secondly look at lastepochtools some items have less chance to drop at 4LP then winning the lottery one the same they you got struck twice by lightning. The drop rates are just… bad. So bad they can practicly remove some LP4 items completely from the game and noone will ever find out ^^.

Honestly sound like you somehow screwed up your loot filter.

Just go trade circle and buy all your LP3-LP4 items for a fraction of the investment you’d need to spend finding them yourself with CoF.

Go CoF if you want the challenge of finding your own loot.

Trade circle is obviously far and away the superior option for optimization, it’s not even close.

tldr, you chose a challenging solo mode, got challenged and found out its too hard for you. Not saying trade isn’t better (because trade is always better than the absence of it), but i just don’t get it - what did you expect?. You go for more challenge and then make a surprised pikachu face when it actually turns out challenging…

2 Likes

Because CoF isn’t intended to be the “more challenging mode”, it’s designed to be a fair trade off between people wanting to play solo versus having items found and purchased for them?

Did you get the circles confused with the level 1 boots you find in the game?

3 Likes