Holy Devotion Lighting Paladin Smiter! Build Guide 0.8.3D

Video

This Build Brought to you by @Hybria

This Build Tier Rating is:

10/10 --->--->--->---> 5/10 >--->--->--->---> 1/10

Build Overview Summary/Rating/Interactions

Summary

• This build is played as a Paladin! Run around Lunging at enemies proc’n smites, use judgement to smite even more and reduce your mana, and then just unless Smites on whats left standing with a chance to double cast! This build just rains down lightning damage on basically all nearby enemies, looks great, and deals a ton of damage!

Main Interactions

• Using as many skills as possible to proc/cast smite
  • Using a unique (devotion) and stacking as much mana as possible to enhance smite
  • Using unique chest to leech huge amounts of health!

Rating

• Defense - 9/10
  • Offense - 9.5/10
  • Empowered Bosses - 9/10
  • Speed Running Echoes - 8.5/10
  • Arena - 8.5/10
  • Average - 8.9 (s Tier)

Lootfilter Attached Click Here (DAMMITTS NEW AUTO FILTER)

LIGHT BLUE - Early Game Items (1 affix Tier 1+)

GREEN - Mid Game Items (1 affix Tier 3+)

YELLOW - Starting Endgame Items (1 affix Tier 5+)

ORANGE - Mid Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 8+ Total Tiers)

RED - Late Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 12+ Total Tiers)

TEAL GREEN - IDOLS

SHOWS - Exalted/Set/Unique Items
HIDES - Common/Magic/Rare That don’t match above Requirements

WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non SENTINEL Class Items ARE HIDDEN

Pastebin Link

Holy Devotion Smiter Paladin Lootfilter Pastebin Link

Dammitt's Builder For 0.8.3B

Holy Devotion Smiter Paladin (Damage Version)

Holy Devotion Smiter Paladin Gear/Idols/Blessings

Holy Devotion Smiter Paladin (Defense Version)

Holy Devotion Smiter Paladin Gear/Idols/Blessings

Most Important Stats

Defense For You (Most important to Least important

• Health/Capped Resistances
  • Critical Strike Avoidance/Endurance
  • Elemental Damage Leeched as health (Gloves from early game quest or Prism wraps chest) Blessing for spell damage leeched as health

Offense (Most Important to Least important)

• Adapative Spell damage/ Added Lightning damage
  • Increased spell damage/ Increased Lightning damage
  • Increase Max mana as high as possible
  • Critical Strike Chance/ Critical Strike Multiplier

Rating System Breakdown

Build Rating System Breakdown Post

Passive Screen Shots
Sentinel
Void Knight
Paladin

Skill Screen Shots
Holy Aura
Judgement
Lunge
Sigils of hope
Smite

Social Platform Links

Twitch

Follow me on twitch and watch me live every Saturday night as we put together builds and test them!

Youtube

Here’s Everything I’ve ever done in Last Epoch

Looking For a different build? Here’s a Compendium with Tons!

150+ Builds and Guides in one place! Click Here

Discord

Hey travelers!

We Smashed 3,000 Members! Lets Get to 4,000!

Come hang out, ask questions, and if your looking for a build use the !Search function in the Search bot channel to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/master/skill/patch and more!

Soon there will be a leaderboard for discord jeopardy asking all those questions you want answers to about Last epoch, make sure to be there when it launches and have your chance at being the months leader to earn prizes!

Have a good day Travelers!

2 Likes

Hey i just started the build swtiched from ignite to it but i feel squishi rly bad since you lose so mutch health with smite wile monolith farming is that normal

You either need to scale the health cost of smite down giving up damage for each used point (1 skillpoint is usually at least 7-10% total damage depending on where you use it … ) or need the 2 things the build has to fill up the selfdamage…

1. 100% spell crit + a (well rolled) prism wraps for leech on crit (up to 8%)
  2. The spelldamage leech blessing (up to 5%)

So you end up with 12+% leech over 3 seconds best case … so you leech 4% of your damage per second.

Both options need enough damage and enough monster life to leech from.
I can effective kill myself in non empowered low lvl monos because monsters dont have enough life to leech from and self damage is the same.

Yes 0/5 less selfdamage is scary even with the above.
You take massives hit to your life Ball for a short burst before leech tops you again, i can drop down to like 1600 before leech - thats 50% of my health - but the dip is so fast that you sometimes not even really see it!

Remember the last half of your life is much more valueable than the graphics suggests due to endurance…

Anyway 0/5 selfdamage = max damage is for those big numbers and your ego not cause its clever… specc 1-3 to make it more safe… you can do so much damage anyway.

Doing a 65% gb, 35% csa, 60% life empowered 135 corruption mono while oneshooting rares is totaly possible… but hey - i want that damage and it works anyway so far.

Build planner links aren’t working for me

they are currently down for almost everyone. Dammitt is on it.

Yeah I noticed after I wrote that but forgot to edit my post. Thanks

In your guide you mention adaptive spell/spell/lightning as the best offensive stats to look for but in your build planner you have mostly crit chance/multiplier. I’m sure for all direct damage builds like this, crit is good but I’m just wondering what the real order is.

My guess in order is adaptive spell > lightning > spell > elemental spell > max mana > crit chance/multiplier.

1 Like

What do people level with until they want to use smite? I switched to smite at lvl 20 and damage is terrible compared to warpath. Should I have waited until I could choose the Paladin class?

Added. Thanks :slight_smile:

Smite must be specialized to be optimal. You need some skill points to raise its damage.
Before that, usually Sentinels level up with Vengeance or Rive.

Also, where does Attunement rank for offensive stats?

hey, how is the priority for spending passive points in the talent tree? I’m lvl 72 now, should I go for the 11 points in void first or maxing paladin first?

You can max paladin first.

Close to last, it is nice for the mana gain, but other stats take priority

great, thanks for the quick response.

Hi, I have a hard time finding a Devotion amulet. Do I have much better chances to find it by doing empowered Monoliths or are normal monolith the same?

I believe higher corruption gives higher item rarity so yes empowered would higher your chances

Thank you for the quick response! I really enjoy this build and I can’t wait to see how good it will be once I find the Devotion!

RNG, during completing normal 90lvl timelines i got 3 times Devotion as a drop - its common rarity. Best way would be getting blessing for increase unique drop (random drop) and farm timeline where is unique / set amulet as reward node.

I finally got my devotion, my damage doubled!

1 Like