Hardcore Viable Mage Builds

Anyone got a good mage build that can make it to and thrive in endgame while playing hardcore?

Any mage utilitzing endurance and Fractured Crown can be super tanky, because ā€œDamage dealt to mana before healthā€ is really strong in conjunction with endurance.
You can reach up to 65% Damage dealt to mana before health with T5 on body armour + a fractured Crown.

Fractured Crown is also very easy to obtain on a Solo Char.
What ā€œmain skillā€ you use really doesnā€™t matter that much with that defensive setup.

Lightning Blast and Elemental Nova are probably the easiest to play and gear.

Hmm ok.

Iā€™ve tried glacier and lightning orb but I tend to get overwhelmed at higher levels and I take so much damage.

I will look out for Fractured Crown

I think those are both skills that are quite tricky, especially Static Orb (i assuming you speaking about that) is probably one of the weakest skills atm and has a really outdated skill tree, itā€™s cool utility/support skill, but i would not recommend that as a main dmg skill.

Glacier is great early, but requires some very well thought out build to scale it into late game, but itā€™s a great utility skill, especialyl with mana gained on kill/crit.

Itā€™s no random drop, but you need to do something specific to get it.
Not sure if you want me to spoiler it to you so i will use a spoiler.

How to get Fractured Crown

You need to destructive fracture a Gilded Crown Base Type (Lvl 72 Mage Helmet)
Itā€™s 100% guaranteed though if the destructive fracture happens.

If you want more specifci tips how to get the item just feel free to ask, but i donā€™t want to spoil everything to you.

1 Like

You were fairly vague on ā€œmageā€ so you could try a spellbladeā€¦ Ward is a very strong defence optionā€¦ I was able to make it to level 80 deathless (in normal play) without much effort (or bis gear) using a Flamereave Firebrand Fire versionā€¦ There is both a fire & lightning version that are end-game normal play viable and will probably be pretty good in hardcore if you are a better player than meā€¦ Unfortunately both do require some uniques which could be a problem. Fireband Flame Reave Fire Versionā€¦ Million Damage Lightning Low Life

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.